What's new

Let's Trade for a 3 point shooter.

OP got stuck with 3PT% which alone won't show you how efficient a wing player is. All those guys he mentioned may have a lousy long range shooting percentage, but they have one thing in common and that is their ability to score on you even if the opponents tigthens their defense. Meanwhile our guys may look fundamentally sound within our system but they have not the individual talent to break free from tight defenses.

One shooter who is available and attainable is OJ Mayo. I would love to have that guy on our team.

I would hug everyone in my office if we could land Mayo. That would be a soggy reverie.

I found that mixing a little OJ with some Mayo makes a delectable fry sauce... maybe Harp and Boler can chit-chat about that for 6-7 games.

Matt not knowing what fry sauce was is right on par with Ron Boone not knowing what a skillet was....

Yes... and they keep talking about the fry sauce... And how Matt's a rookie... And how Raja always eats matt's blue M&M's....

I found that mixing a little OJ with some Mayo makes a delectable fry sauce... maybe Harp and Boler can chit-chat about that for 6-7 games.

LMAO. Ok to Lazy to find out if this works, but would the grizz give up Mayo and Thabeet for Milsap? They are determined to let randolph walk and Milsap at 7-8 Per is a bargain. Are we getting enough in return in this scenario?

One shooter who is available and attainable is OJ Mayo. I would love to have that guy on our team.

That is because he has been horrible lately and does not really not how to play team ball. For around 5 million we could get a better fit with us. To think the Grizz traded Love for him. Whoops. Another great move by memphis.

That is because he has been horrible lately and does not really not how to play team ball. For around 5 million we could get a better fit with us. To think the Grizz traded Love for him. Whoops. Another great move by memphis.

Dude thats nuts. He has not had decent burn. He is a very talented player and there is not a better fit or 5 Mill. Not trying to be a dick, but if you could name a few.

There is this one guy on the Blazers team who would really help us solve the problem at the 2........ Been lighting it up since being inserted into the starting lineup.

There is this one guy on the Blazers team who would really help us solve the problem at the 2........ Been lighting it up since being inserted into the starting lineup.

Almost certainly no Big Al if we would have matched Matthews contract.

Dude thats nuts. He has not had decent burn. He is a very talented player and there is not a better fit or 5 Mill. Not trying to be a dick, but if you could name a few.

Really? have you looked at his box scores lately? The rookie henry is playing more than him now. Mayo also likes to pound the ball a lot. Think that would make Dwill or Sloan happy?

Really? have you looked at his box scores lately? The rookie henry is playing more than him now. Mayo also likes to pound the ball a lot. Think that would make Dwill or Sloan happy?

So he has a few bad games this season and all of a sudden he sucks? So again I ask, name a few. The Jazz are truly a legitimate wing player away from being a top 4 team and legit contender.

I've never been a huge OJ Mayo fan, but I'd be really excited if the Jazz landed him. The Jazz need another threat that can handle the ball and shoot, a bad year so far notwithstanding.

IMO the Jazz aren't going to trade for anyone until they get Memo back (and he's fully healthy and in the rotation) to see how he fits in with this team - and that likely won't happen until following the trade deadline. I think they'll be atleast a 50-win playoff team, but won't become an elite team until they add another ball-handler and perimeter shooter, and I don't think that acquisition will happen until next year.

This year the improvement has to come from within, Jefferson has to figure out how to flourish in the Jazz's system, Millsap has to become a reliable scorer, CJ has to get more consistent, and Hayward has to adjust to the speed and strength of the NBA. If all goes well, I think that can take Utah pretty far (well, maybe not the Hayward part), just not to that elite WCF/Finals level.