What's new

Lincoln Project Videos

If I were to say what a racist from WV would look like it would be the guy in this video with the black hair. He reminds me the Wonderful Whites of West Virginia - a documentary about a hillbilly, tap dancing family that are, well, racists.

If I were to say what a racist from WV would look like it would be the guy in this video with the black hair. He reminds me the Wonderful Whites of West Virginia - a documentary about a hillbilly, tap dancing family that are, well, racists.

That’s George Wallace. Presidential candidate in 1968: He won 9,901,118 popular votes (out of a total of 73,199,998)—that is, 13.53% of votes cast nationally—carried five Southern states - Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi - won 45 electoral votes plus one vote from a faithless elector, and came fairly close to receiving enough votes to throw the election. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace_1968_presidential_campaign)

That’s George Wallace. Presidential candidate in 1968: He won 9,901,118 popular votes (out of a total of 73,199,998)—that is, 13.53% of votes cast nationally—carried five Southern states - Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi - won 45 electoral votes plus one vote from a faithless elector, and came fairly close to receiving enough votes to throw the election. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace_1968_presidential_campaign)

If there's a glass half full perspective on this, even though our country still has racism problems since this time, we've taken many steps forward.

These ads are definitely trolling which is the point.

I hate PAC’s and third party advertising as a whole.

For some reason I have very clear childhood memories of commercials for some made for TV movie about him (TNT I think?). "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" rings very clearly in my ears for someone who grew up in the 90's.

For some reason I have very clear childhood memories of commercials for some made for TV movie about him (TNT I think?). "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" rings very clearly in my ears for someone who grew up in the 90's.

Gary Sinise played him in a TNT movie.

Mormon leader Ezra Taft Bensen was close to being his running mate.

From an unredacted copy of Bolton’s book:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/boltons-unredacted-book-shows-trump-trying-to-hide

John Bolton’s account that Donald Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping last June to buy more American farm products to help Trump’s reelection is so explosive that White House officials prevented Bolton from directly quoting Trump in Bolton’s new tell-all memoir. “I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise,” Bolton writes in The Room Where it Happened.

For months, Bolton has been in a standoff with the Trump administration over the book’s contents. Back in January, the White House sent a cease-and-desist letter to Bolton’s lawyer demanding that Bolton’s book not be released without the removal of certain details from the manuscript. Most recently, William Barr’s Justice Department filed a federal lawsuit asking the judge to block the release of the book next week. Vanity Fair has seen unredacted pages from the book and it’s clear why the White House tried to keep Trump’s words secret: they are deeply embarrassing and illustrate Trump’s naked politicization of America’s foreign policy.

According to an unredacted passage shown to Vanity Fair by a source, Trump’s ask is even more crudely shocking when you read Trump’s specific language. “Make sure I win,” Trump allegedly told Xi during a dinner at the G20 conference in Osaka, Japan last summer. “I will probably win anyway, so don’t hurt my farms.… Buy a lot of soybeans and wheat and make sure we win.”
(The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

—————————————————————

Acts like a puppy dog wagging his tail at his owner’s feet:

Bolton renders Trump’s interactions with President Xi in vivid detail. In the passages, Trump comes off like a needy supplicant. For example, at last year’s G20 dinner, with only interpreters present, Xi explained to Trump why China was building concentration camps for the country’s minority Uighur population. Trump allegedly told Xi he approved of the brutal human rights violation. “According to our interpreter, Trump said to Xi, ‘go ahead, you’re doing exactly the right thing.’” Bolton writes. Earlier in the same passage, Bolton writes that Trump told Xi on a phone call ahead of their G20 meeting: “I miss you,” and then said, “this is totally up to you, but the most popular thing I’ve ever been involved with is making a deal with China.… Making a deal with China would be a very popular thing for me.”