What's new

LIVE DRAFT - COMMENTS --- Agony, Ecstasy, etc.

I love this pick! Van Gundy hit the nail on the F'ing head. Let Loozer walk, let perfect paul and AK man the 4...Let Hayward come on slowly behind CJ and Wesley. HELLUVA pick. People crying will change their tune no doubt.

Chad Ford's comment about our pick:

I like this pick for the Jazz. He's got a lot more upside than people think. He's a pretty good athlete, very versatile and tough. The big question for Hayward is what will happen with his jump shot. He shot 44 percent from 3-point range as a freshman and 30 percent as a sophomore. If he shoots 44 percent as a pro, he could be a stud. 30 percent? Could be a bust. A calculated risk for the Jazz.

It basically means that he will be the first one to say that the Jazz is stupid to pass up on Ed Davis, Paul George or even Cole Aldrich a year later........

Jazz stupid to pass on Paul George? The guy shot 42% for a team that is not even ranked. Even if you don't like Hayward, George is a much inferior prospect.

Hayward is one of my "not gonna bitch" picks.

I am fighting it though.

I am encouraged that everybody hates it. With that in mind, what is the purpose here and what is the upside? He doesn't address ANYTHING the Jazz need next year or in the immediate future. So we are going to have a nice wing player with a high basketball IQ and can't guard anybody? Why not just retain Pillow Fort and move him to the 3?

Bucher: Aldrich and Mo Peterson to OKC for 2-first-rounders (18, 21 26 - unclear precisely which ones).

Last edited:
Well.... I won't bitch...
Look at how the Jazz have done with previous picks... now Kosta is not great, but he wasn't a lottery guy. Maynor showed promise, but he was expendable.
But with solid picks like Brewer, Milsap, CJ Miles, Mo Williams, Wes Matthews (wasn't a pick, but still)... and with such a surprise... I have to think the Jazz see something.

Locke just tweeted that Hayward is going to be interacting with the ESA crowd somehow via Skype. Doesn't sound like the type of thing you'd do if you're planning on trading him.

I think this means Korver is out because we now have another cutie to sell jerseys to all the ladies.