What's new

LIVE DRAFT - COMMENTS --- Agony, Ecstasy, etc.

I just don't think this is true.

The wing slots for 2016 were Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler, Demar Derozan, Paul George, and Klay Thompson. Realistically, the only person I can see him beating out in that group for 2018 is Harrison Barnes.

Consider that now we have Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo, and CJ McCollum on the come up and I just don't see it for Hayward. I honestly think there's a better chance that Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker or Khris Middleton are on Team USA next cycle than Hayward.

Feel free to quote me in two years if I'm wrong. But if he hadn't been on our team I honestly think we wouldn't have strong feelings about him at all.
He is up next, its pretty much a guarantee if he is healthy enough. All those guys you just named are 6'3 guards. They need 6'8 SF who can play the 3/4 and shoot. Hayward is basically designed for the international style. It was a joke they took Barnes over him the year they did tbh. Also, more guys will drop out of Team USA like Lebron and Kawhi did. Not a lot of guys do it for their entire careers.

And Wiggins is Canadian. He would also have no shot over Hayward if he was American. Jabari Parker is a guy who has had two consecutive ACL tears and I doubt anyone is too eager to participate in extra basketball. Middleton is good, but he isnt Hayward.

At least PG had some good runs with Indiana, Hayward was 4-11 in the playoffs with two sweeps while he was here.
I don't think you can fault Gordon for the DWill/Sloan debacle nor for Lindsey deciding to decimate the team and not sign FA's in a "GM tank" to stockpile lottery picks. Lindsey was only serious about winning last season in a very late effort to keep Hayward. Though I'm peeved at Gordon for the way he left, I applaud him for doing so. What happened with Gordon may very well be the impetus that caused DL to go out and find the best players he could. He didn't want to send a message to Rudy (or Donovan) that the Jazz were willing to be losers again for a couple of years to rebuild.

I don't think you can fault Gordon for the DWill/Sloan debacle nor for Lindsey deciding to decimate the team and not sign FA's in a "GM tank" to stockpile lottery picks. Lindsey was only serious about winning last season in a very late effort to keep Hayward. Though I'm peeved at Gordon for the way he left, I applaud him for doing so. What happened with Gordon may very well be the impetus that caused DL to go out and find the best players he could. He didn't want to send a message to Rudy (or Donovan) that the Jazz were willing to be losers again for a couple of years to rebuild.

lol