What's new

Locker Room Cleanout -- 1280 and Webcast

Hayward mentioned that he knew this year would be different on day one of camp. That he walked in and they sat down for a team meeting to start off. That Snyder immediately set the tone of the year. Talks about how Snyder appraoched Hayward after he was hired and approached him in a way that works for Hayward. Talked about family and life before BBall.

To me that shwos that Snyder did a little bit of prep and knew how to appraoch his players.

Hayward mentioned that he knew this year would be different on day one of camp. That he walked in and they sat down for a team meeting to start off. That Snyder immediately set the tone of the year. Talks about how Snyder appraoched Hayward after he was hired and approached him in a way that works for Hayward. Talked about family and life before BBall.

To me that shwos that Snyder did a little bit of prep and knew how to appraoch his players.

Quin on day one of camp:
Alright, sit the F down.

I would follow Quin Snyder anywhere. Obvs the players have bought in. Have never felt this excited about the Jazz. The Jazz have been better, but I've never been this excited about the Jazz future.

D Favs:
They want me to watch Tim Duncan and old KG, to increase my patience in the post.

Locke:
That's not who I think you are. I think you are Amare Stoudemire in Phoenix.

D Favs:
OK, I'll tell them.

Favors:

proud of his personal improvement
says he can average 20 ppg in this league
wants to extend his range out to the 3 point line
talks about how many plays Snyder has, big on correct spacing for each play
take a little time off to full rest and heal then back to the grind
2 hour practices and 90 minute shoot arounds under Snyder
he learned about basketball under Snyder
mentions telling Gobert to save some rebounds for him (haha), talks about bribing Gobert with passes for rebounds

I have to say, Locke gets a lot of hate, and it's annoying how he inserts his own ego into his interviews, but he does FANTASTIC interviews with players. Gets them comfortable enough to go into specific anecdotes that are really telling. The Locke interviews are five hundred times better than what's being presented at the podium on utahjazz.com. We're lucky to have him as our radio voice.

I'm watching the press conference,and am about 10 minutes behind, but Favors said something about extending his shot out to the 3 point line and had a smirk on his face that looked like "you can't tell if I'm being serious or not". It was classic.

mentions telling Gobert to save some rebounds for him (haha), talks about bribing Gobert with passes for rebounds

Lol

I have to say, Locke gets a lot of hate, and it's annoying how he inserts his own ego into his interviews, but he does FANTASTIC interviews with players. Gets them comfortable enough to go into specific anecdotes that are really telling. The Locke interviews are five hundred times better than what's being presented at the podium on utahjazz.com. We're lucky to have him as our radio voice.

True. I'll gladly take the bad/annoying with the good.

Yeah, my thoughts about him have grown from psycho serial killer to an underrated hardworking franchise reporter/journalist.

Booker:

Talks about the tweets at Kanter, him and Locke laugh about it, Locke loved the tweets
Locke mentioned that Booker and Millsap seem really close
Booker and Ingles are the the main glue guys
Praises Ingles on leadership and humor, how Ingles is a constant clown (in a good way)
Praises Utah and his decision to come here, that his family loves it here, that he would recommend it to other players (except other PFs as a joke)
Sounds confident that although he is a tempting trade piece that he will be back but that it'll take care of itself
That Hayward, Favors and Gobert will all be all stars
Mentions a story that the Jazz had just beaten a big name team and that the next day Snyder came in and started going off on every one, that Snyder yells in practice that he wants it "bleeping" perfect (haha)
He hopes the Spurs wins it all, Spurs over Clips in 6 in round 1

Locke asks what was better, the tweet or the shot (volleyball shot), Booker replies "the tweet was a shot"

Locke: "What's better, the tweet or the shot?" (In conversation about what Booker is developing.)

Booker: "The tweet WAS a shot."

Boom.

Booker:

Talks about the tweets at Kanter, him and Locke laugh about it, Locke loved the tweets
Locke mentioned that Booker and Millsap seem really close
Booker and Ingles are the the main glue guys
Praises Ingles on leadership and humor, how Ingles is a constant clown (in a good way)
Praises Utah and his decision to come here, that his family loves it here, that he would recommend it to other players (except other PFs as a joke)
Sounds confident that although he is a tempting trade piece that he will be back but that it'll take care of itself
That Hayward, Favors and Gobert will all be all stars
Mentions a story that the Jazz had just beaten a big name team and that the next day Snyder came in and started going off on every one, that Snyder yells in practice that he wants it "bleeping" perfect (haha)
He hopes the Spurs wins it all, Spurs over Clips in 6 in round 1

Locke asks what was better, the tweet or the shot (volleyball shot), Booker replies "the tweet was a shot"

Thank you for these. Slow connection. Cannot view.

I really hope we guarantee Booker's contract.

Actually, let's extend it! What a rad dude.