What's new

Locker Room Cleanout -- 1280 and Webcast

Locke: "What's better, the tweet or the shot?" (In conversation about what Booker is developing.)

Booker: "The tweet WAS a shot."

Boom.

This is spectacular! This team has needed a trash-talker of Booker's caliber for a long time. He talks trash in a way that rallys his team, as evidenced by the retweets by Hayward, Favs, and others who you would never expect that from. I hope they keep him a Jazzman for a long time.

Burks:

Worked on his base while rehabbing
Worked on his release every day, breaking habits by working every day
Watching extra film, watching players like Harden
Talking about "slowing down" instead of just head down driving
Foot work to go with his speed per Snyder's teaching
How much pain he was in all the time on the floor before the surgery, husrt using the shoulder in shooting and passing
Snyder would like him to avoid the midrange game, 3s or at the rim
How his shoulder affected his shot at the rim and how it lowered his percentage, this is why his rim % was way down
Focused on strengthening his shoulder and contact training in July

I have to admit. I have a huge mancrush on Booker (or as my son calls him booger). He's 3.

I know he's 3 so were on the same maturity level.....

Last edited:
Again talking about the Booker tweet about Kanter. And how he didn't do it in an underhanded way by even tagging Kanter in the tweet. How Kanter burned bridges with the Jazz. That the Jazz have a very good name within the league. That Booker has endeared himslef to the fans and is moving merchandise. That the excitement level is very high.

Hosts reinforce my game thread comments that last nights game is not indicative of what this team is by who played and how much they played.

Both hosts down play the Rockets as a real threat to San Antonio or the Warriors. Hahahaha love the Rockets slights.

I know we could probably find a better third big than Booker, but how much would it really help? We bring in Tomic and I think our frontcourt is good.

Booker's presence in the locker room and energy/attitude have made him much more than an unguaranteed deal to us. If we have to use him to facilitate a trade then fine, but unless its a great deal I think we need to make every reasonable effort to keep Booker.

Burke:

Was cool that the Jazz drafted Exum, used his own experience as being the new drafted PG on a team with one (Rubio)
Snyder encouraged him to stay aggressive
One of the reasons he went to the bench was becaus ehe could be a scoring threat from the bench
He feels he improved a lot defensively this year
Locke brings up his %s on open shots, Burke replies that he has to keep working and how sometimes he gets discouraged in game
He is constantly practicing his shooting
Tries to get lay ups in game to get going

*wasn't able to listen to this one as closely

I only caught the end, but it seemed to me that Trey was very upbeat, confident and engaged. I wondered if he was feeling a little unloved after being moved to the bench.

Locke and Boone asked rudy what he shot from the line this year:

"63."

Then ask what he shot last year from the line:

"49 [slight pause] I don't remember last year. [laughter]"

Gobert:

Favorite play was the behind the back pass to Favors
Wants the playoffs
Boone asks about a signature move, Gobert mentions a J and finishing at the rim
That he can average 20 ppg in a couple years but not next year

* Interview cuts out due to tech difficulties

Can you imagine if Hayward somehow comes next season with improvement?

I honestly don't even know how he could possibly improve. This was a spectacular, well-rounded season for him. Man, the dude is ****ing hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see him post-up some of his smaller matchups. With him bulking up and being really skillful and crafty player I was surprised he didn't post-up more. Other than that... (even more) consistency... I'm extremely happy with his season this year, so everything I come up with is nitpicking really. Oh also - off-ball defense. He needs to be more focused with his man doing backdoor cuts...

I have to say, Locke gets a lot of hate, and it's annoying how he inserts his own ego into his interviews, but he does FANTASTIC interviews with players. Gets them comfortable enough to go into specific anecdotes that are really telling. The Locke interviews are five hundred times better than what's being presented at the podium on utahjazz.com. We're lucky to have him as our radio voice.

I was thinking the same thing when listening to the official part of the interviews and then listening to Locke's interviews right after. He seems to have personal relationship with some of the guys and they feel comfortable talking freely with him. I really like his interviews...

Hosts are talking about that with good PG play this is a playoff team. Continue to develop Exum offensively as he is the PG of the future. Then a shooter that pulls defenses out to give Favors and Gobert room to work.

Ingles:

Thought his NBA dream was over after getting cut by Clips
Talks about the big adjustment between Euro leagues and NBA and that people under estimate it
That teammate (favors and hayward by name) telling him to shoot
Only knew Dante his first Jazz game and how that took adjustment
Talks about how he increased the speed of his shot as the season went on
Locke mentions he shot 43% from 3 after the all star break
Him and Locke talks about him babysitting Dante lol
Speaks highly of Dante and how he got more aggressive and how he read the game better towards the end of the season

Lindsey: "We are thrilled with Coach Snyder and the hire."

But his voice trailed off at the end, making it sound like:

"We are thrilled with Coach Snyder and the HAIR."

No no, that's what he actually said. I think we can all nod our heads in agreement to that statement.