What's new

Lone Peak high school #1 in country

All LP did today was beat the nation's #3 team, a team that hadn't lost in two years, by 23 points. 73-50. They were up by 30 in the 4th quarter before the bench finished it off.

Apparently they even got a standing ovation at the end of the game according to twitter. That's pretty awesome. They seriously need to get a stream going for these games.

67 - 52 today over #5 Southwind (Memphis). These are great teams from around the country LP isn't just beating, but blowing them out The consistency is impressive.

Heard there's a big story about to break about parents paying McGeary (sp?) for playing time.

Heard there's a big story about to break about parents paying McGeary (sp?) for playing time.

Just for the record, he's talking about LP football. I had to google McGeary(Tony McGeary is his name I guess) because I have never heard that name associated with Lone Peak's basketball team. I was like.....why would 5 and 4 star recruits' parents on Lone Peak's basketball team need to pay a coach to get their kid on the floor?

Played for Mgeary in HS, I thought he was a really good coach. I would be pretty shocked if it were true, but I guess anything is possible when there is money involved.

Played for Mgeary in HS, I thought he was a really good coach. I would be pretty shocked if it were true, but I guess anything is possible when there is money involved.
I've heard good and bad about him. Some coaches say good stuff but some say he is slimey and don't trust him. If it's true he's obviously gonna get the hammer brought down on him. From what I've heard, parents paid money and also took him on trips (which is weird and maybe another violation in itself to go on trips with kids). This came out when a kid whose parents paid was not given the playing time they thought they were paying for. One thing of note is that Gajkowski played QB last year ahead of some senior who was much better. The Haws family is a relative of Gajkowski and may be involved.

All heresay at this point. Supposed to come out next week.

Sounds like he got railroaded by a bunch of ******* parents with kids that suck at football. Rich dick faces.

There's more to the story than they're letting on. Trust me. Parents try to get rid of coaches all the time so that part is nothing new. This time they had some dirt on him. Very similar to what Wong was doing at Timpview.

Coaches/teachers need to realize it's a new world and nothing is private and you got to have your ducks in a row (especially financially).

The conversation between admin and McGeary went something like this: "We have evidence you have been doing some shady financial stuff. Step down and if you're lucky we'll keep you on as a teacher." This happens all the time with coaches. If McGeary is guilty you will see him resigning as teacher sooner or later. If the evidence was sketchy than it'll be up to him. But the evidence is there or else McGeary would've turned around and sued (which he still could do I guess).

Brighton just held the ball for the last 5 minutes of the 1st quarter then got their shot blocked, then held the ball for 7 minutes and 40 seconds in the second before turning it over and committing a foul. This is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen in a sporting event. Brightons coach has a huge disgusting agina-vay.

Anybody watching the LP/Brighton game? Lone Peak went up 14-7 and then Brighton has sat on the ball ever since. 12 minutes of doing nothing. Standing. Typical SLC bitch move.

Brighton just held the ball for the last 5 minutes of the 1st quarter then got their shot blocked, then held the ball for 7 minutes and 40 seconds in the second before turning it over and committing a foul. This is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen in a sporting event. Brightons coach has a huge disgusting agina-vay.

It's all good though if this is the impetus for a shot clock in Utah High School basketball finally. You can't tell me there wouldn't be enough donors willing to make it happen if they needed outside money.