What's new

Looking for a new team

franklin

Let's face it. The last 6 years have been nothing short of a train wreck. Even when they decided to wreck the train they couldn't even get it off the rails. They've let players walk for nothing to "rebuild", but they never actually rebuilt. Now we are hearing Hayward saying he thinks a lot about leaving for a contender, don't have any great draft picks, have an injury prone roster that was obviously bound for it (Burks and Favors), have wasted draft pick after draft pick but gotten lucky in the later rounds, fail to spend money to add assets last offseason, have passed up on some pretty sweet opportunities to add a killer point guard...

Tell me why I should stay loyal to an organization that refuses to put a product on the floor while dragging their feet raking in cash with the lowest payroll in professional sports? Do the Millers deserve my fandom? No.

You are such a fireball! I made this post for you.

large.jpg

200_s.gif

200_s.gif

mean-girls-love-your-bracelet.gif

Rachel-Mcadam-s-Mean-Girls-rachel-mcadams-22240047-500-282.gif

KaeFTwbSq76l.gif

25-mean-girls-gif.gif

Bye. I hear GS is popular this time of year.

Oh darn. Good luck with your next team. I hear Phoenix is nice this time of year.

You guys can go all Bitch Face if you want. Or, you can address the truthy statements in the OP.

The organization has been hyperconservative for a really long time. It's hard to overemphasize the hyper part. The whiffs in the draft also stink purrrty damn bad.

If I could switch teams I would change to the warriors of course. (Though I like lebron better than all the other stars in the league)

I can't change teams though. I'm hooked to the jazz teat.

Good news is that I think they have a really good team that will only go up from here.

If I could switch teams I would change to the warriors of course. (Though I like lebron better than all the other stars in the league)

Good news is that I think they have a really good team that will only go up from here.

I might be a Timberpups fans if I wasn't a Jazz fan. I loved Wiggins coming out of the draft, thought LaVine was a sleeper in the late lotto and I had to have KAT on my fantasy team.

You guys can go all Bitch Face if you want. Or, you can address the truthy statements in the OP.

The organization has been hyperconservative for a really long time. It's hard to overemphasize the hyper part. The whiffs in the draft also stink purrrty damn bad.

He says he wants to leave than bye.

AS for addressing the "truthy statements", they have been talked about repeatedly on here. This isn't new ground, it's not surprising. If you think it is then you have not been paying attention. There is nothing to address.

This is pretty much me. It's in my blood and I don't exactly have a Jazz Dialysis Machine. But how obnoxious is it that I must remain a loyal fan to a team that abuses the fanbase? "I hate bandwagon fans blah blah blah". What's wrong with being a bandwagon fan that picks a team based on it's ownership care for their customer?

I don't feel like the Jazz organization has done this for us.

This is pretty much me. It's in my blood and I don't exactly have a Jazz Dialysis Machine. But how obnoxious is it that I must remain a loyal fan to a team that abuses the fanbase? "I hate bandwagon fans blah blah blah". What's wrong with being a bandwagon fan that picks a team based on it's ownership care for their customer?

I don't feel like the Jazz organization has done this for us.

And there is an argument to be made there.

Personally I do not think they are one and the same. Just finally switching teams doesn't make you a bandwagon fan imo. Switching team, after team, after team simply because the new team is currently winning makes you bandwagon.

I might be a Timberpups fans if I wasn't a Jazz fan. I loved Wiggins coming out of the draft, thought LaVine was a sleeper in the late lotto and I had to have KAT on my fantasy team.
Good call. That team should be fun.

But as for poorly ran organizations......

People want a rebuild but dont have patience to stick it out. This team is right on schedule with the plan.

People who thought we our goal was to win last season were disappointed but the signs were there from the beginning as well as coaches, players and FO personnel telling us that was not the goal and the season would not be judged on W/Ls. That season was about developing and evaluating the core/youth players on this team. If we had signed vets we would not know anything about Lyles since he would not have played. We would know less about Hood and all the fans on here would be crying that he didnt get more playing time. Next season is about W/Ls. The team will sign vets and or make some trades. We will not be concerned about getting very young players lots of minutes to develop because that hurts the team. With the exception of Exum. But I think and the FO thinks he will help us win and is ready now. By far the biggest wrench in last season was Exum getting hurt. Not because we would have won more with him but because we lost out on some development and evaluation. Hopefully the team worked extra hard on his off the court development and we have to take a bigger risk on him now that he was not evaluated as well.

Hayward is unlikely to leave. More money here and if we make the playoffs next year, which we will, he will be satisfied and hungry to win more here. He is making those statements to let the FO know he wants to win this season.

There is 0% chance we trade Hayward for a draft pick. If he privately tells the organization he is not coming back (which has not happened) then at the trade deadline he will be moved for a solid veteran player. At which point we will better know what our needs are. Unless for some reason a big name player becomes available then they would move him. But even then they would try to move other pieces first.

If we traded Hayward for a pick we would be starting another rebuild that would take at least 2-3 years. At that point we should trade everyone on the team since they will all be frustrated and wanting to leave with the exception of maybe Exum and Lyles. If the Jazz are a lottery team for 2-3+ years this team will be moving. Fans like OP (who I love) are not willing to watch this team lose for that much longer and will stop watching and going to games.

Its funny this board would have been completely different had we won a couple more games and made the playoffs. People would have been ecstatic about the future. This season had some bad luck but it doesnt really matter if we had/or hadnt made the playoffs we are still on the right track and have a bright future. We have a top 10 SF, We have a top 10 PF how both could get into top 5 next year, we have the top or close to defensive Center with more potential, we have three players with a good to great upside in Exum, Lyles and Hood. We have decent future picks that we can make moves with. We have a solid off the bench offensive SG with versatility for where he can play and some good trade value if he stays healthy.

Was last season perfect? No. Has the FO made all the right moves? No. With hindisght could be be better? Yes. Does that mean the organization sucks? No. Does that mean we need to quit being fans and move on? That is your choice, I am happy with the team and love the position we put ourselves in.

People love the Warriors. Try them. Or the Celtics look like a good up and comer. And if you want to stay truly hated around here, be a Thunder fan.

I think Fish pretty much nailed it: We're Jazz fans because we can't really help it, even though it's absolutely a tormented existence. So, I deal with that by letting myself have two teams: 1) the Jazz, and 2) whatever team I feel like bandwagoning in a given year (often the Spurs, but it's been the Warriors the past two years). It's like eating a healthy diet most of the time because that's the right/responsible thing to do, but allowing yourself regular indulgences so that you don't go crazy.