What's new

Looking for a new team

Let's face it. The last 6 years have been nothing short of a train wreck. Even when they decided to wreck the train they couldn't even get it off the rails. They've let players walk for nothing to "rebuild", but they never actually rebuilt. Now we are hearing Hayward saying he thinks a lot about leaving for a contender, don't have any great draft picks, have an injury prone roster that was obviously bound for it (Burks and Favors), have wasted draft pick after draft pick but gotten lucky in the later rounds, fail to spend money to add assets last offseason, have passed up on some pretty sweet opportunities to add a killer point guard...

Tell me why I should stay loyal to an organization that refuses to put a product on the floor while dragging their feet raking in cash with the lowest payroll in professional sports? Do the Millers deserve my fandom? No.

Uh, because of the new uniforms. Obvious.

If it weren't for the Jazz the NBA could go fry churros, I would have no interest in the league whatsoever.

Let's face it. The last 6 years have been nothing short of a train wreck. Even when they decided to wreck the train they couldn't even get it off the rails. They've let players walk for nothing to "rebuild", but they never actually rebuilt. Now we are hearing Hayward saying he thinks a lot about leaving for a contender, don't have any great draft picks, have an injury prone roster that was obviously bound for it (Burks and Favors), have wasted draft pick after draft pick but gotten lucky in the later rounds, fail to spend money to add assets last offseason, have passed up on some pretty sweet opportunities to add a killer point guard...

Tell me why I should stay loyal to an organization that refuses to put a product on the floor while dragging their feet raking in cash with the lowest payroll in professional sports? Do the Millers deserve my fandom? No.

14fuvv.jpg

I think Fish pretty much nailed it: We're Jazz fans because we can't really help it, even though it's absolutely a tormented existence. So, I deal with that by letting myself have two teams: 1) the Jazz, and 2) whatever team I feel like bandwagoning in a given year (often the Spurs, but it's been the Warriors the past two years). It's like eating a healthy diet most of the time because that's the right/responsible thing to do, but allowing yourself regular indulgences so that you don't go crazy.

To be a Jazzfan is to be disappointed. It is to hope for something that is improbable all while telling yourself it should be probable. It is overcoming tremendous odds to even exist only to be unsatisfied and demand more. It is to be scorned as a lover, rejected by friends, or like that cat you hate, that walks in your backyard everyday and messes, and the day it doesn't come you miss it. It is like a boy who overcomes a broken home and lazy neglectful parents to get a nice solid job as a maintenance worker, but he dreams all day about being a Doctor.

Perhaps to be a Jazzfan is to be miserable, not because the team is miserable but because we are and that is why we complain about our players while they are here, boo them when they come back to visit, and complain about the GM for letting them go.

Go Jazz.

Are you daft? I'm trolling because you are too dumb to follow? Go look up Hayward's very own words AND the context he said them in, bonehead. I couldn't paint a clearer picture for you with **** and a clean canvass. Hayward was absolute that he (paraphrasing) "has thought about leaving for a contender a lot" when questioned about his UFA and if he worries Utah cannot compete.

I don't kneed any god damned uninformed fair weather bandwagon fans in my thread about switching fan allegiances.

Philly could be a lot of fun. Ben Simmons, two other 1sts this year, Saric, even word that Embiid looks great, plus their 1st AND the Lakers 1st next season. **** should be fun as hell the next few seasons.

People want a rebuild but dont have patience to stick it out. This team is right on schedule with the plan.

People who thought we our goal was to win last season were disappointed but the signs were there from the beginning as well as coaches, players and FO personnel telling us that was not the goal and the season would not be judged on W/Ls. That season was about developing and evaluating the core/youth players on this team. If we had signed vets we would not know anything about Lyles since he would not have played. We would know less about Hood and all the fans on here would be crying that he didnt get more playing time. Next season is about W/Ls. The team will sign vets and or make some trades. We will not be concerned about getting very young players lots of minutes to develop because that hurts the team. With the exception of Exum. But I think and the FO thinks he will help us win and is ready now. By far the biggest wrench in last season was Exum getting hurt. Not because we would have won more with him but because we lost out on some development and evaluation. Hopefully the team worked extra hard on his off the court development and we have to take a bigger risk on him now that he was not evaluated as well.

Hayward is unlikely to leave. More money here and if we make the playoffs next year, which we will, he will be satisfied and hungry to win more here. He is making those statements to let the FO know he wants to win this season.

There is 0% chance we trade Hayward for a draft pick. If he privately tells the organization he is not coming back (which has not happened) then at the trade deadline he will be moved for a solid veteran player. At which point we will better know what our needs are. Unless for some reason a big name player becomes available then they would move him. But even then they would try to move other pieces first.

If we traded Hayward for a pick we would be starting another rebuild that would take at least 2-3 years. At that point we should trade everyone on the team since they will all be frustrated and wanting to leave with the exception of maybe Exum and Lyles. If the Jazz are a lottery team for 2-3+ years this team will be moving. Fans like OP (who I love) are not willing to watch this team lose for that much longer and will stop watching and going to games.

Its funny this board would have been completely different had we won a couple more games and made the playoffs. People would have been ecstatic about the future. This season had some bad luck but it doesnt really matter if we had/or hadnt made the playoffs we are still on the right track and have a bright future. We have a top 10 SF, We have a top 10 PF how both could get into top 5 next year, we have the top or close to defensive Center with more potential, we have three players with a good to great upside in Exum, Lyles and Hood. We have decent future picks that we can make moves with. We have a solid off the bench offensive SG with versatility for where he can play and some good trade value if he stays healthy.

Was last season perfect? No. Has the FO made all the right moves? No. With hindisght could be be better? Yes. Does that mean the organization sucks? No. Does that mean we need to quit being fans and move on? That is your choice, I am happy with the team and love the position we put ourselves in.

That's a complete mischaracterization of my opinion. I wanted the Jazz to tank again this season; I don't mind them losing if the goal is to win it all. Patience is not the problem at all.

[MENTION=181]Broncster[/MENTION] to be fair the goal was to win and make the playoffs last year. They can play it off but I'm not fooled. Now injuries crippled this team so you can understand. But that has only further magnified this season. DL needs to make some things happen or Hayward is gone and that will be a huge setback for this team if they do not get anything for him. He must (more than a need now) step up in the draft, free agency and/or the trade market this off season.
[MENTION=2931]Jamezz[/MENTION] I had mild interest in the Grizz but not now. Jazz or bust.

Are you daft? I'm trolling because you are too dumb to follow? Go look up Hayward's very own words AND the context he said them in, bonehead. I couldn't paint a clearer picture for you with **** and a clean canvass. Hayward was absolute that he (paraphrasing) "has thought about leaving for a contender a lot" when questioned about his UFA and if he worries Utah cannot compete.

I don't kneed any god damned uninformed fair weather bandwagon fans in my thread about switching fan allegiances.

Link?

[MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION] Why did you have some interest in the Grizz and why did you lose it?

[MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION] Why did you have some interest in the Grizz and why did you lose it?

I used to live in Memphis (back when Gasol was there and they kept getting swept in the first round) but I dislike several of the players they just got and eh... I'm sure it'll pick back up a little once those players leave. It's never more than mild to middling fandom

I used to live in Memphis (back when Gasol was there and they kept getting swept in the first round) but I dislike several of the players they just got and eh... I'm sure it'll pick back up a little once those players leave. It's never more than mild to middling fandom

That makes sense, it's interesting that you bring up Gasol. As a spaniard I do follow the players that come from that part of the world, too bad the only one that's ever been on the Jazz didn't pan out.

I'm actually with you franklin LOL. I think a lot of people in this forum are delusional when it comes to the Jazz. People don't realize we are in the exact same problem for when Pauly Milsap could leave for nothing... A border line 8th spot playoff team... THE EXACT SAME SITUATION but with Gordo now. Let's make the same mistake as that time too and not trade him and let him walk for nothing

I'm actually with you franklin LOL. I think a lot of people in this forum are delusional when it comes to the Jazz. People don't realize we are in the exact same problem for when Pauly Milsap could leave for nothing... A border line 8th spot playoff team... THE EXACT SAME SITUATION but with Gordo now. Let's make the same mistake as that time too and not trade him and let him walk for nothing

We are not in the exact same situation. There is no heir apparent behind Hayward as was the case with Kanter and Favors behind Millsap and Big Al.

Having said that, DL needs to step up and bring in players to push us deeper or start trading players, like Hayward. Last season he should have done something. Just losing Hayward after this season would be a disaster. This season he must or it will be a big mistake/blunder.

We are not in the exact same situation. There is no heir apparent behind Hayward as was the case with Kanter and Favors behind Millsap and Big Al.

Having said that, DL needs to step up and bring in players to push us deeper or start trading players, like Hayward. Last season he should have done something. Just losing Hayward after this season would be a disaster. This season he must or it will be a big mistake/blunder.

I'm glad you realize it also. Gordo or Favors is not a Lillard player. We don't have someone who can get 4 new starters and still make it to the second round. We can't let Gordo leave for nothing again or the last 6 years are useless

@Broncster to be fair the goal was to win and make the playoffs last year. They can play it off but I'm not fooled. Now injuries crippled this team so you can understand. But that has only further magnified this season. DL needs to make some things happen or Hayward is gone and that will be a huge setback for this team if they do not get anything for him. He must (more than a need now) step up in the draft, free agency and/or the trade market this off season.
@Jamezz I had mild interest in the Grizz but not now. Jazz or bust.

They did say winning and making the playoffs was not a priority. The season goals were player development and evaluation. Which was stated before the season, so nothing to play off.

That's a complete mischaracterization of my opinion. I wanted the Jazz to tank again this season; I don't mind them losing if the goal is to win it all. Patience is not the problem at all.

Fair enough. But it is a huge problem of fans in general. It is also a huge problem for your average fans who are the ones who keep your team profitable. Tanking for a couple more years is not an option for this team. That was hard for Philly who is one of the largest markets in the NBA.