What's new

Looking for genuine discourse re: Donald Sterling/NBA

Yeah stocktons net worth is about 60 mil. Sorry, I must have added an extra zero in my mind.

Richard Jefferson always says in his introductions "MBA, university of Arizona" so that's why I said he has an MBA.

The point remains though, that these guys could definitely afford to hire the right people and make their own league if they didn't feel like the nba was doing enough to get rid if sterling.

Deadspin just ran a story on Kevin Johnson - including a past I had no clue about. What a shocker, someone sucks (sarcasm). https://deadspin.com/the-man-who-helped-bring-down-donald-sterling-is-an-***-1576960521

Deadspin just ran a story on Kevin Johnson - including a past I had no clue about. What a shocker, someone sucks (sarcasm). https://deadspin.com/the-man-who-helped-bring-down-donald-sterling-is-an-***-1576960521

....awful long article! How about just give me the "readers digest" version?

anyone watch the post-game interview last night with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin?

Seems like they're just tired of the entire situation and wish they'd stop getting asked questions about it.

It must be annoying to the players to have so much focus to be on that aspect of the situation rather than the game they just played.

Blake Griffin referred to it as "clutter"

not a suprise the people wh judge sterling the hardest also have their skeletons and demons

I wish people would maneuver their pitchforks toward Stiviano - who is only slightly more lucid than Sterling and who actually broke the law. But going after her would take balls - someone might call you a racist. But she doesn't have anything of value to take from her.

Sterling's wife sued her earlier this year demanding the return of two Bentleys, a Ferrari, a Range Rover and a $1.8 million apartment, claiming it was bought with community property without her consent.

Sterling's wife sued her earlier this year demanding the return of two Bentleys, a Ferrari, a Range Rover and a $1.8 million apartment, claiming it was bought with community property without her consent.

And this motivated Stiviano to get revenge.

And this motivated Stiviano to get revenge.

I just wonder if just before she decided to get revenge she wagged her finger at her and said "oh no you di-unt".

tl/dr

But what it comes down to it is the NBA is a private entity made up of 30 owners. If you have signed up to it you must adhere to certain rules. If all the other 29 owners don't think you are fit to be operating the team, then they are perfectly within their rights to vote you out, under the NBA constitution. They key point here is the NBA is a private entity - this is nothing to do with whether or not he has broken the Law.

/discussion

This is exactly right. This should have been the end of the discussion.

anyone watch the post-game interview last night with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin?

Seems like they're just tired of the entire situation and wish they'd stop getting asked questions about it.

It must be annoying to the players to have so much focus to be on that aspect of the situation rather than the game they just played.

Blake Griffin referred to it as "clutter"

Yup. I can only imagine. It must of weighed on them heavily during the latter part of their post season.

think discussion has ended.

i am disgusted by everbody getting on high horse.
and by nba using this as marketing.

....it has NOT ended! Sterling is gonna sue, the NBA is gonna keep fighting it, and until the old man dies, we will be bombarded with endless opinions, viewpoints and observations on both sides! I hope you don't stop making yours Dutch!......they're very good!

So if he puts the team in his wife's name, I believe she was already co-owner anyway, and the league votes to oust him, does she go as well, guilt by association kind of thing? Seems odd.

So if he puts the team in his wife's name, I believe she was already co-owner anyway, and the league votes to oust him, does she go as well, guilt by association kind of thing? Seems odd.

thats what i said in another thread.

from what i have read his wife will oversee the sale of clips.

so in a way sterling has given up and is not fighting it. contrary to popular opinion he was gonna fight

Frankly I don't think his heart has ever really been in it from the beginning. Not really sure other than for the prestige why he stayed an owner this long.

It's just so he can control who the team is sold to. In other words, he makes sure
Magic doesn't get it.