What's new

Lottery Standings

i like when we grab wins against tough teams but honestly, this year i would rather go for trying to compete with gsw to get a worse record instead of compete with denver or houston to get into playoffs
With current roster, Burks and Enes aren't gonna get enough mins in the playoffs to get any experience at all, and Favors will get maximum 15-20 min avg. So it won't help our young guys marginally in experience based.

Well it maybe some offseason excitement and blabla it is true but, getting a good draft pick especially in this years draft seems more valuable for me

i like when we grab wins against tough teams but honestly, this year i would rather go for trying to compete with gsw to get a worse record instead of compete with denver or houston to get into playoffs
With current roster, Burks and Enes aren't gonna get enough mins in the playoffs to get any experience at all, and Favors will get maximum 15-20 min avg. So it won't help our young guys marginally in experience based.

Well it maybe some offseason excitement and blabla it is true but, getting a good draft pick especially in this years draft seems more valuable for me

It will set the bar for Corin, the young guys, and the franchise as a whole. Next year, even if we trade Sap or Jefferson, it will be 100% expected we make the playoffs.

Do people not realize that if Al has a serious playoff run, we will be able to trade him for a late lottery pick? Making the playoffs is win/win, even if traceable vets get a lot of minutes. I'll be pissedif we are swept out of the first round, but otherwise I think that we could seriously benefit from trying to get a 6th seed

Good poimts, dalamon and Cy.
Yes, I do like the idea that winning and making the playoffs is the goal and is always the goal. That's where the bar should be set. I wasn't too excited until I saw how close we were to the 4th seed. And no one but US is really tearing it up right now in the WC. I think the fatigue factor is really setting in. And this is where Utah's depth can really show.

You're right, dalamon. If Big Al can hit those big shots, and perform well in the playoffs, his value increases. Perhaps his contract even becomes tradeable and not just viewed as an expiring. It will at least give KOC some options this summer. I'm not so sure I want to see Al go right now. Kanter is struggling. And Favors still commits a ton of fouls. We may need to have the 4 bigs until at least the trade deadline next year. Need Favors and Kanter to push their way into the starting lineup.

right because it a top 7 protected PICK and no body knows what pick they have until after the lottery
I've heard several people claim that this is how it works, but it just doesn't seem correct. Under this scenario there would be teams at the lottery from time to time hoping that they didn't get lucky. I've never seen that. Every man I know always wants to get lucky.

last 10 days i spend most my free time to predict this what Holingers computer and my final score are slightly diffrent:

-Jazz make play offs at 8 against THUNDER that means we lose Miny PICK ------- SAD

-Warriors the same billans as Detroit 24-42 at 7 and 8 seed, if we wont be lucky in the lottery
WE CAN LOSE BOTH PICKS and i think it will make us in best scenario no metter what KOC do- second round exit team for about 5 next years.

Close game in Oakland, tied up now. Can't remember the last time I cared this much about a worthless game.

OKC game is close. This game is also known as The tank battle.

url

Do people not realize that if Al has a serious playoff run, we will be able to trade him for a late lottery pick? Making the playoffs is win/win, even if traceable vets get a lot of minutes. I'll be pissedif we are swept out of the first round, but otherwise I think that we could seriously benefit from trying to get a 6th seed

' If he does '. Lets hope he will.
But if he will be too good, then we may keep him which i wouldnt like
And if he will be too bad, then he may end up having much less trade value which i wouldnt like as well
But yeah, if we get the 7th and play with Spurs it would be good. At least we would have chance to move forward, but not against LA or Oklahoma