What's new

Lyles

I had that exact same thought. He has those Kevin Garnett crazy eyes!

Yup, he could fill the void Booker would leave, the crazy intense energy player who hustles and pumps the crowd up. Unlike Booker though, he would have well above average size for a PF and is skilled.

You mean the first 15 games of his NBA career are not enough to accurately predict if he belongs?

Stunned...

You mean the first 15 games of his NBA career are not enough to accurately predict if he belongs?

Stunned...

I think people are pining for a rookie to show star potential for once. Lyles hasn't shown anything but role player potential. It's easy to see potential stars early on, even 15 games in.

I think people are pining for a rookie to show star potential for once. Lyles hasn't shown anything but role player potential. It's easy to see potential stars early on, even 15 games in.

Which is ridiculous.. The exact reason mediocrity is such a bad place to be is you very rarely draft "stars" in the late lottery. You're looking at borderline starters/role players at the spot when you go through previous drafts.

Ive been right about all Jazz draft picks so just ask me. He is a bench role player. Best case Lamar Odom type when lakers had they big 3 bigs and kobe.. Most likely he is a 7th or 8th guy off a bench. Sorry but its true. Check my track record

^^ Nothing like a Lamar Odom comparison to top off another terrible post..

There's not too many players like Lyles, at his size and age, not gonna say he's a special unique snowflake but there is a rarity to his game. Players with his skillset, of his quality don't tend to come along every year, Usually players with his skillset/acumen are more like 6'5-6'8" SF's.. Thats why he was always so highly rated - because it's difficult to miss a prospect like Trey Lyles when you look thru these amateurs enough, prototype PF size and ample skill will can get you a long way, and Lyles has always passed the eye test with flying colors as far as I'm concerned. I'm only encouraged by what I've seen from him so far on the Jazz. He hasn't been great, but I think he can be, if he steadily improves thru the years. Once his outside shot is $$$ he'll be very dangerous, and even off the bench could provide the team with a boost/different look.

There's not too many players like Lyles, at his size and age, not gonna say he's a special unique snowflake but there is a rarity to his game. Players with his skillset, of his quality don't tend to come along every year, Usually players with his skillset/acumen are more like 6'5-6'8" SF's.. Thats why he was always so highly rated - because it's difficult to miss a prospect like Trey Lyles when you look thru these amateurs enough, prototype PF size and ample skill will can get you a long way, and Lyles has always passed the eye test with flying colors as far as I'm concerned. I'm only encouraged by what I've seen from him so far on the Jazz. He hasn't been great, but I think he can be, if he steadily improves thru the years. Once his outside shot is $$$ he'll be very dangerous, and even off the bench could provide the team with a boost/different look.

My thought is that when the Jazz get healthy, Mr. Lyles needs to do some time with the Stampede.

Is lamar odom not tall and have those same qualities? I never said he was going be as good as LO just that is his ceiling.. He is overrated and got picked to high in draft IMO

Lyles was the last player I wanted.

This is pretty much why I wanted him more then anyone else assuming no one dropped, and no one did. Sometimes those specialty players take longer to develop. I don't want him in the DLEAGUE. Dleague is garbage.

Ive been right about all Jazz draft picks so just ask me. He is a bench role player. Best case Lamar Odom type when lakers had they big 3 bigs and kobe.. Most likely he is a 7th or 8th guy off a bench. Sorry but its true. Check my track record

I checked your track record as you requested.

Hayward:
....“isn't a starter on a good team. Just like ive always said”
....“mediocre”
....“a bench player at best”

Exum:
.....You started with “Will be the biggest bust in this draft”
.....Which morphed into “Jazz Board should look like this: Jabari, Gordon, Exum, Smart”

Does this mean you’ll claim you were right if Exum is a bust? And you would be right if Exum is worthy of the third pick ahead of Wiggins (who has “bust written all over him”)?

Also found several dozen quotes similar to “I have been right about every Jazz first round pick for years"

Damned that internet and the facts it stores for future reference.

Is lamar odom not tall and have those same qualities? I never said he was going be as good as LO just that is his ceiling.. He is overrated and got picked to high in draft IMO

So to recap, you don't think that a player who could be as good as Odom is worth the 14th pick? Got it.

IMO? Now wait, we've established that you are infallible when it comes to predicting Jazz draft picks -- to be clear, you have never been wrong. So there is no need for "opinions," since your brain contains certifiable facts about the future.

I get that but at that spot in the draft if you are expecting a star than you are kidding yourself. yes it happens but is rare.

Which is ridiculous.. The exact reason mediocrity is such a bad place to be is you very rarely draft "stars" in the late lottery. You're looking at borderline starters/role players at the spot when you go through previous drafts.

Yes it is rare but Stockton was picked 16th, Malone 13th and Kobe 13th to name a few. I like the potential of Lyles but I also liked Portis. I think Portis is going to be very good. I think he is ahead of Lyles right now but I think Lyles can be very good too. Many Jazz fans are just too quick to pass judgment on a player and heaven forbid if they didn't like the pick then the player has a long road to convince them to change their mind. People still criticize Hayward when he has a bad game. Hayward seems to be more appreciated by other fans than many Jazz fans. Some fans have too high of expectations and thus are always disappointed.

The blessing of Gobert going down is that Lyles is getting more minutes than he would with Gobert playing. These are valuable minutes and I' ve seen improvement in his play even though he hasn't put up big offensive numbers. People need to be patient. The kid is 19/20 years old.

I don't get to attend many games, but I prefer watching live in order to evaluate players. I watched lyles all night Monday. On defense and offense, whenever he was in I was focused on him. Mostly I like what I saw.

He moves well, very fluid. He covers space quickly, and seemed to know where he was supposed to be. He anticipates well and gets his hands in to deflect passes and rebounds.

My only concern is that he seems like a Jazz man, in other words tentative. This might change as he matures and the team composition changes. He reminds me of a little of Juwan Howard, or kris Humphries. Both had long careers, neither was a real difference maker.

I don't get to attend many games, but I prefer watching live in order to evaluate players. I watched lyles all night Monday. On defense and offense, whenever he was in I was focused on him. Mostly I like what I saw.

He moves well, very fluid. He covers space quickly, and seemed to know where he was supposed to be. He anticipates well and gets his hands in to deflect passes and rebounds.

My only concern is that he seems like a Jazz man, in other words tentative. This might change as he matures and the team composition changes. He reminds me of a little of Juwan Howard, or kris Humphries. Both had long careers, neither was a real difference maker.
I like that jewan howard comp