What's new

Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend.......

Did you even read the article? There's no ****ing way he got duped.

I did read the article and I was basically 100% convinced that he was in on it, then I came here and started thinking maybe he wasnt. I dunno what happened I think I'm confused.

All I was meaning is that it seems really far fetched that a guy would go to these lengths to get publicity or get people to feel bad for him, and not all that far fetched that some weirdy duped him online.

I did read the article and I was basically 100% convinced that he was in on it, then I came here and started thinking maybe he wasnt. I dunno what happened I think I'm confused.

All I was meaning is that it seems really far fetched that a guy would go to these lengths to get publicity or get people to feel bad for him, and not all that far fetched that some weirdy duped him online.

George O'Leary meets Catfish meets The Social Network

I just have a hard time believing Teo would be able to keep up the act this whole time.

What makes it definitive to you guys that he was in on it and didn't get duped? The phone calls? The story of how they met? Pretty damning, but could be smaller things he lied about while not making up the whole thing. Like, he could've really believed this person existed and was his girlfriend, but he embellished parts of the story.

Watch the MTV show Catfish. People are willing to make excuses for their online girlfriend/boyfriends even when its obvious to others that they are being duped.

Watch the MTV show Catfish. People are willing to make excuses for their online girlfriend/boyfriends even when its obvious to others that they are being duped.

Is that show actually real? I don't even know what it is really except for that I just looked it up and read a brief synopsis, but I do know that all those other MTV dating shows(Disaster date, Parental control, etc.) are fake.

Is that show actually real? I don't even know what it is really except for that I just looked it up and read a brief synopsis, but I do know that all those other MTV dating shows(Disaster date, Parental control, etc.) are fake.

I think its probly real with a little bit of coaching.

What I find most incredible about this whole affair is that is what not until now that anyone in the media took the time to fact check this story. You mean nobody until now has tried to get more info on this girl, contact her family, do a bit of digging? I hope one result of this is that the media become a bit less credulous about things like this.

This is going to be bad for Te'o folks.

In order for Manti Te'o to have been duped:

1) Te'o claims to have spent time with this girl. So he lied here.

2) Let's assume there was indeed a girl (playing a role) who Te'o did spend time with. Just for fun. Lets say that this fake account dude and this girl were working together to screw with Manti...

3) This alleged GF had a Twitter/Facebook account with pictures of herself.

4) Those pictures are, in fact, stolen from another girl's account who has no ties to Te'o, and are not pictures of the girl Te'o allegedly spent time with. Once again, if these two (fake GF and creator of fake account) really wanted to mess with manti, why didn't they use pictures of the same girl? Answer: Because there wasn't really a girl faking Te'o out. There was merely the dude with the fake account and Te'o. And they were working together to pull off this act.

5) Te'o, ostensibly, has seen the alleged girlfriend's Twitter/Facebook pictures.

6) How could Te'o have not noticed that the girl in all of the Twitter/Facebook pictures wasn't the same girl he had spent time with? (Again, assuming that a woman conspired to play a role to fool Te'o). How could sweet and innocent Te'o not have noticed that the girl (if she existed and was just messing with his mind) really existed then wouldn't he have noticed that she wasn't the same one in the pictures that he was seeing online?

Answer:

Teo wasn't duped. There wasn't a third party woman who met with Teo in Hawaii to make this relationship appear authentic.

Finally, how about her funeral? In which Manti Te'o said that he wouldn't attend because she didn't want him to miss the football game. Convenient, isn't it? Had he gone to the funeral the Manti slurping media would have followed him there and discovered quickly that she never actually existed. However, since he declared that he was going to stay and play the game, the Manti slurping media stayed with Notre Dame Football and focused on him (no one ever bothered to see if the funeral actually ever happened. Had they done so they would have discovered this hoax a lot sooner).

No way he was duped. I was friends with a few athletes in college and they had the pick of any girl on campus. THIS DUDE ALMOST WON THE HEISMAN. You mean to tell me he fell in love with a girl he never met? I mean, I wouldn't put it past an athlete to be compassionate, or even to fall in love with a girl for her personality... but no male athlete goes without, how do I put this... at least a little lovin'. I don't buy it, and he's still keeping up the charade lol

No way he was duped. I was friends with a few athletes in college and they had the pick of any girl on campus. THIS DUDE ALMOST WON THE HEISMAN. You mean to tell me he fell in love with a girl he never met? I mean, I wouldn't put it past an athlete to be compassionate, or even to fall in love with a girl for her personality... but no male athlete goes without, how do I put this... at least a little lovin'. I don't buy it, and he's still keeping up the charade lol

Regardless, he's a good player. Wouldn't mind it if he fell to the broncos.

Of course I am assuming that he was monogamous during his relationship. It is totally possible that he wasn't, in which case, his story is more plausible.

Ya I was just thinking this.

Usually someone who could get duped like this is someone with low self esteem and not a lot of luck with girls in the real life.

It's a good thing he didn't go to BYU afterall. Could you imagine having to pretend kill at least 3 pretend girlfriends?

45879_561920853837073_1558230319_n.jpg