What's new

Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend.......

The Te'o interview with Schaap stunk of ****.

All it boils down to is him "confessing" to all the things he said and did regarding his "girlfrient" that we already know can not be true. However, as far as everything else is concerned he's 100% innocent?

Don't buy it.

I honestly stopped following the story or reading this thread after the first 24-36 hours. How anyone can possibly believe he was duped or believe him is beyond me and it's just taxing on me psychologically to continue see **** like this in our society and maybe worse, watch people actually believe him. Not worth my time or energy.

TpvAOfj.jpg

Now that it seems certain that there actually was likely a real girl involved too if the Te'o side is the more correct version, it's not that funny to me. If he was at least talking to a real girl on the phone that wasted(or was paid) hours and hours of her life duping him, it makes more sense and really that's the one thing we pointed out earlier that Deadspin failed to mention and makes their angle extremely less likely. That third party involvement changes the whole story.

I still think every good friend owes his buddies a good pranking if you ever find any of them a dating site or something. Make it short and sweet though.

Last edited:
Who in the right mind would draft a Middle-Linebacker who can't get real girlfriends, was dumbass enough to be duped like this, and who wiffed on every tackle against real competition?

I bet that there are at least 10 better linebackers in the SEC.

And when you look at the leading tacklers in College Football last year Te'o certainly raises flags (his lack of tackles from his position is concerning).

I honestly stopped following the story or reading this thread after the first 24-36 hours. How anyone can possibly believe he was duped or believe him is beyond me and it's just taxing on me psychologically to continue see **** like this in our society and maybe worse, watch people actually believe him. Not worth my time or energy.

I agree. I don't understand why some stories get so much attention like this. Who gives a ****. Athletes who commit actual crimes get less attention than this.

If he weren't Mormon or didn't play for ND I bet many of you wouldn't believe in his ridiculous story.

At the very best: He was duped but lied and exaggerated his stories to the media even after admitting to ND coaches and administrators that it was all a hoax.

At the very worst: He and this other jackass were in on it the whole time in order to help him win the Heisman.

Either way, he lied. A perfect example of the double standard seen on Jazzfanz.com:

Fisher_lied.jpg

Fisher was crucified on this board. While folks keep slurping Te'o. No one here would have cared had Fisher left us to go play in Washington. On the other hand, no one here would believe Te'o had he not been Mormon, recruited by BYU, or played at Notre Dame. Had he played at Purdue or some Div III school no one here would have cared. Dude was overrated. Johnny Football was clearly the dude. I'm not sure I've seen a more entertaining and dominate player at such a young age. IMO, Van Noy > Te'o. Yet... Yet, you'll never see Van Noy mentioned as a Heisman even though he was instrumental in BYU's dominate defense. If BYU had just an avg QB (Max Hall) they would have beaten ND in their place.

Last edited:
Let's say he was duped. We're supposed to feel sorry for him? He was such an innocent, great guy that he found no time in his calendar to visit a girl he supposedly loved so much after finding out she was in a terrible car accident and got leukemia? No matter how you spin it, the kid's a douche.

And majorly overrated like Thriller said.

Let's say he was duped. We're supposed to feel sorry for him? He was such an innocent, great guy that he found no time in his calendar to visit a girl he supposedly loved so much after finding out she was in a terrible car accident and got leukemia? No matter how you spin it, the kid's a douche.

And majorly overrated like Thriller said.

You're tarded. It's not about feeling bad for him.

Read the Jeremy Schap interview thing. Or don't, it's really freaking long.

You're tarded. It's not about feeling bad for him.

Read the Jeremy Schap interview thing. Or don't, it's really freaking long.

Maybe "feeling sorry for him" was a poor choice of words. The bottom line is, in my eyes, he's just as much of a scumbag if he did get duped, fall in love with the girl and then never see her after her terrible accident and leukemia. Seriously, no matter how it's spun, he's a major doucher.

Maybe "feeling sorry for him" was a poor choice of words. The bottom line is, in my eyes, he's just as much of a scumbag if he did get duped, fall in love with the girl and then never see her after her terrible accident and leukemia. Seriously, no matter how it's spun, he's a major doucher.

Maybe a gullible idiot, but not a doucher.

If anything he's just too nice and trusting.

Your seriously trying to defend Teo? You poly or some ****?

I'm not defending him, there's nothing to defend.

It's just pretty obvious that he got duped/scammed and the only thing he did that was wrong was when he lied to his dad about meeting her in Hawaii when she actually didn't show up.

What else did he do that was wrong? Not stupid or weird, but actually wrong.

I'm not defending him, there's nothing to defend.

It's just pretty obvious that he got duped/scammed and the only thing he did that was wrong was when he lied to his dad about meeting her in Hawaii when she actually didn't show up.

What else did he do that was wrong? Not stupid or weird, but actually wrong.

Em-kay.

I'll bet there is something important conspiracy going on unnoticed while the media is covering this so hard.

Could be.

I mean, man, what do you think the entire Mainstream Media is up to when we watch a ball game? Do you really think they'd build sports stadiums if the city fathers didn't need to distract us?