What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

Didn't get to watch and checked the box score before coming here. They shot 16 more free throws, had 7 less fouls and we had 3 techs. Knew the refs sucked.

We won't get respect until we demand respect. I hope we publicly bash the refs all all star break. Put a spotlight on them for the rest of this amazing season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

If I owned the Jazz I would get on the phone and make sure every player knows I'm paying all the fines.

And I know Rudy touches Embiid on the hip on the last layup attempt... but he got the call cuz he falls and flops around. Probably the same amount of contact that Rudy gets on tons of attempts... same contact Mike likely got on the last floater at the buzzer.

You have to cheat and flop to really get calls in the league. The refs are so reactionary. Its not basketball... its acting.

That's a hard one to let go. We have quite a few guys that will be letting these past 3 games motivate them for a week. Hide all the hookers and don't be suprised if DM annihilates a basketball standard in the next game after the break.

This is true too. They played the last play of regulation badly.
Horrific

If i have it right, they pushed up the floor starting through Simmons to give it to Embiid back to the basket (on a long midrange position) against Bogey, where he even tripped. And they didn't fouled. Incredible, kinda of a moment that they asked to be hosed.

It hit his pants/leg, but dude just stood there and took it while Royce was barreling towards him
JC got taken out by a ref earlier in the year when the guy didn't get out the way... ended up giving him a little extra and getting a tech.

Move yo damn feet refs.

IMO it is still getting the principle of the rule wrong. The ball or Royce touching the ref didn't affect the play at all. Its like getting everything right on a text but not filling in the date so technically you get a zero... rules is rules.

It hit his pants/leg, but dude just stood there and took it while Royce was barreling towards him
That's the explanation but if it hit the ref, why did they review it for so long? Couldn't the ref come in and just say it? And I still haven't seen a replay that confirms it.

That's the explanation but if it hit the ref, why did they review it for so long? Couldn't the ref come in and just say it? And I still haven't seen a replay that confirms it.

Good point. The fix is strong.

Set aside “the call”... the last two games the refs have allowed other teams to flat out abuse (excessively foul) the Jazz down low and call the slightest touch on the Jazz.

Crashing the boards is easy if you’re allowed to body check the guy in front of you.

He was inside the arc and Bojan could have wrapped him up... it was a no risk proposition... if we lose I’m good with Quin taking the blame there. It’s ****ing math.
I don't understand how coaches don't understand this. I would say the vast majority of coaches don't foul in that situation. I would ever freaking time.
I don't get it. They need 3 points to tie you. They can't get 3 points with 2 free throws.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t even give a **** if we win or not now. Seriously, is there some technicality or unwritten rule I don’t know about? How did they review that play and not give the jazz the ball?
I was watching the 76ers feed and their announcers thought for sure it would be jazz ball and were confused to why the sixers retained possession.
Then a few minutes later they said that they got an explanation for the call and they would talk about it when there was a break in the action. They never talked about the explanation though. I want to know wtf

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app