What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

Set aside “the call”... the last two games the refs have allowed other teams to flat out abuse (excessively foul) the Jazz down low and call the slightest touch on the Jazz.

Crashing the boards is easy if you’re allowed to body check the guy in front of you.
The thing that drives me crazy is that we really don't flop... they try to power through contact and actually try to make shots... the way basketball is supposed to be played. Because we do that we get fewer calls on those drives... refs look for a "reaction". Whereas if Joel (the biggest guy on the court) gets touched at all he over reacts and flails and gets a million free throws. It changes how you can guard him because the refs will give him calls.

Its the same thing on charges... a guy will barrel into a player in the post and the guy takes it in the chest or back sup a little and its a no call or a defensive foul... if he falls down at the right time... then its a charge.

Tricking the officials has become too lucrative. It isn't just the free throws... its just like with Harden... you can't put your hands in front of him or he gets a call... so he gets to play with a lot less ball pressure.

I don't understand how coaches don't understand this. I would say the vast majority of coaches don't foul in that situation. I would ever freaking time.
I don't get it. They need 3 points to tie you. They can't get 3 points with 2 free throws.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Especially once the clock had wound down and the guy had his back to the basket and was inside the three point line.

Isn't our coach like an analytical genius?

The thing that drives me crazy is that we really don't flop... they try to power through contact and actually try to make shots... the way basketball is supposed to be played. Because we do that we get fewer calls on those drives... refs look for a "reaction". Whereas if Joel (the biggest guy on the court) gets touched at all he over reacts and flails and gets a million free throws. It changes how you can guard him because the refs will give him calls.

Its the same thing on charges... a guy will barrel into a player in the post and the guy takes it in the chest or back sup a little and its a no call or a defensive foul... if he falls down at the right time... then its a charge.

Tricking the officials has become too lucrative. It isn't just the free throws... its just like with Harden... you can't put your hands in front of him or he gets a call... so he gets to play with a lot less ball pressure.

The flopping in the NBA has gotten to the point where they might as well start shooting with their feet and calling hand-ball penalties.

The flopping in the NBA has gotten to the point where they might as well start shooting with their feet and calling hand-ball penalties.
Refs have a hard job but they have really just started guessing at what happened based on the result/reaction of the player. They don’t call what they see... they call what the think happened. That’s okay if reactions are genuine and appropriate but guys flail... flop... yell... throw the head back... it’s ridiculous.

I remember that too. I'm a little concerned the refs are going to have it in for us worse than ever now.
I’m here for it... just go full is against the world. The deep dick us in secret now just do it in the open.

Besides the refs, who suck, now into bigger things...

what about Boggie's defense in OT? He got killed in the post. I was surprised we didn't send help sooner. Rudy kind of got stuck in no-man's land, trying to defend Joel and help in the paint. This is a strategy I can see other teams exploiting, like Denver

It's the second time bogie gets targeted on D. Both times we couldn't get stops and lost
Next time a guy is able to post Bogey like that in a close game, Quin needs to sub in Favors.

The league should owe us additional draft picks for how poorly they officiate. I'm glad refs are getting called out.

I feel like we'll look back on tonight and whether it propelled us to even greater heights or stole our mojo. Hopefully we come away stronger but I'm not so sure. A win would have carried swagger into the All Star Game.

The officials sucked and definitely cost us.

But why no jingles? Why Bogie?
Why no foul? Hell, dumbass Embiid almost flopped into one (the one time the refs swallowed their whistle). Foul every ****ing time. Turn it into a free throw shooting contest.

Also, I'm sick of slow starts. Tonight we start out down 8-2 iirc.
Hopefully after the break ingles starts and Conley comes off the bench. We need more size in general anyway. That's one way to do it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app