What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

Rudy and morgan then?

No way Quins going to close the game with a guy that's not even in the rotation. Basically it's either going to be Bogey or Joe, there's really no one else Quin trusts enough to be on the floor at the end of games.

Next time a guy is able to post Bogey like that in a close game, Quin needs to sub in Favors.
Problem is, Quin doesn't sub in/out players based on matchups. He usually changes the defensive assigment but never the rotation. Joe would be a good option. Something to keep an eye on

I feel like we'll look back on tonight and whether it propelled us to even greater heights or stole our mojo. Hopefully we come away stronger but I'm not so sure. A win would have carried swagger into the All Star Game.
Yeah but sometimes smoldering and carrying a chip is better motivation.

I mean if the refs overturn that call does anyone anywhere be like "whoa wtf, how could they overturn that? It was obvious that the official interfered with the play."

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Remember when they were gonna crack down on flopping with fines and stuff..... Lololololololol

They did. They fine the player the foul gets called on because of the flop. And as a bonus the flopper gets free throws!

Regardless of officiating Donovan has to be better at the end of games.

He's gotta be more consistent. He just isn't a star player. All-star ok, but not the star player that can carry a team like that. This was just bad.

Regardless of officiating Donovan has to be better at the end of games.

I was so ready to eat crow. So ready. With fair officiating I even would have.

But I argued it in the previous game and I'll argue it again here. The Jazz performance in the clutch is a MAJOR weakness, and Mitchell's decision making is the primary reason for it. The guy stops running the offense and starts trying to force everything. Most of the time it doesn't work.

I was so ready to eat crow. So ready. With fair officiating I even would have.

But I argued it in the previous game and I'll argue it again here. The Jazz performance in the clutch is a MAJOR weakness, and Mitchell's decision making is the primary reason for it. The guy stops running the offense and starts trying to force everything. Most of the time it doesn't work.
With his end of the game and OT Spida can go play with the Stars.

I'll say this:

I'll complain about officiating when it sucks. I typically don't cast everything on officiating, however, but I do believe the influence officials can have over a game is drastic, underrecognized, and underappreciated. Too often, this becomes a black and white issue for a lot of people who can't see any shades of gray. That said, I really tire from the "lol it's never the refs" crowd. The officiating is a variable in the game as large and as important as many of the other things we focus on and harp on. Of course every game has other variables that can account for the ultimate outcome. But people too often view this so simplistically as to assume that because there are variables within control of the players, that it negates any possibility of officiating variability having any appreciable effect on outcome. I also think engaging in avoidance of one's flaws by looking toward the officiating is often lacking an insight that will allow someone to improve. But that's not a hard and fast rule, and that is not entirely true in every circumstance of officiating complaint as we frequently like to believe.

But I'm here for this. I get nauseated by the assumption that one must be a "good soldier" and spew off meaningless catch-phrases pretending that officiating isn't a legitimate variable in the game, and that to do this is the only way to "respect the game" or to be taken seriously. After all, you don't want to look like the ignorant 5th grade kid who can't see his own hand in his own misfortunes. So we bury our head in the sand -- willfully -- as some kind purity sacrifice to appease some "look the part" gods, to give off the appearance of our own humility, meekness, ability at self-castration, and quite self-righteousness to raise up a couple notches on the high brow scale and revel in our own perceived height of self-awareness.

No thanks. Speak this. Let the hate flow through you.

3 worst calls of the game, 1 Offensive foul on Ingles, took away 2 points and lead to a 3 on the other end. 2 No foul on Embiid for lowering his shoulder into Gobert, 5 point lead and gave them 2 points. (the foul on Gobert the next possession was a pretty weak call too). 3 offensive foul on DM in OT.

Those 3 show the double standard for how offensive fouls are called for some players, and others get away with much more egregious offensive fouls with no call. Regardless of the out of bounds where the ref didn't get out of the way, the refs still cost the Jazz the game in regulation, and were even worse through all of OT.

3 worst calls of the game, 1 Offensive foul on Ingles, took away 2 points and lead to a 3 on the other end. 2 No foul on Embiid for lowering his shoulder into Gobert, 5 point lead and gave them 2 points. (the foul on Gobert the next possession was a pretty weak call too). 3 offensive foul on DM in OT.

Those 3 show the double standard for how offensive fouls are called for some players, and others get away with much more egregious offensive fouls with no call. Regardless of the out of bounds where the ref didn't get out of the way, the refs still cost the Jazz the game in regulation, and were even worse through all of OT.
I think the worst was the royce out of bounds call.
2nd worst was Rudy getting called for the foul when he was kicked in the face.
3rd was the offensive foul on Mitchell.

One bad call that went in our favor was a foul called on embiid when he was straight up and there was minimal contact when the jazz player drove at him (can't remember which jazz player for that beneficial call though)

I think the worst was the royce out of bounds call.
2nd worst was Rudy getting called for the foul when he was kicked in the face.
3rd was the offensive foul on Mitchell.

One bad call that went in our favor was a foul called on embiid when he was straight up and there was minimal contact when the jazz player drove at him (can't remember which jazz player for that beneficial call though)

The out of bounds hit the ref in the leg apparently, so not a bad call, but handled really poorly by the officials. I didn't see the kick in the face. The no call on the charge was the biggest most impactful play. Jazz were up by 5, and that cut it to 3. The reason I included the Ingles was because of the double standard on offensive fouls.