What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2021 5:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 03-03-21

The out of bounds hit the ref in the leg apparently, so not a bad call, but handled really poorly by the officials.
To me, the fact that the ref made zero effort to get out of the way of the play was just as horrific of a referee mistake as an incorrect call would have been.

Dude would be an even worse dodgeball player than an NBA referee, and that's saying something.

The out of bounds hit the ref in the leg apparently, so not a bad call, but handled really poorly by the officials. I didn't see the kick in the face. The no call on the charge was the biggest most impactful play. Jazz were up by 5, and that cut it to 3. The reason I included the Ingles was because of the double standard on offensive fouls.
I'd like to see the video evidence that it hit him. Maybe I've missed it but I see nothing even close.

I'd like to see the video evidence that it hit him. Maybe I've missed it but I see nothing even close.
I saw 1 view where it looked like it hit him pretty clearly. Whats weird is the ref should have immediately made a call when it did, and there shouldn't have been a replay. Then, they should have been clear when they made the announcement that it hit the official out of bounds. All in all it was a poor job by the refs, even if it was the right call.

I was so ready to eat crow. So ready. With fair officiating I even would have.

But I argued it in the previous game and I'll argue it again here. The Jazz performance in the clutch is a MAJOR weakness, and Mitchell's decision making is the primary reason for it. The guy stops running the offense and starts trying to force everything. Most of the time it doesn't work.
Don’t know how many times I yelled “move the ball” to my unsuspecting tv. The ball was sticking and too much 1 on 1. But oh well.

I saw 1 view where it looked like it hit him pretty clearly. Whats weird is the ref should have immediately made a call when it did, and there shouldn't have been a replay. Then, they should have been clear when they made the announcement that it hit the official out of bounds. All in all it was a poor job by the refs, even if it was the right call.
He blew the whistle well after Royce threw it.

Actually, I don’t even know if it was that official who bores the whistle.

To me it sounds like something they would say if they were looking for a reason to not change the call. That would also explain why they were hesitant to clearly explain it.

Is Rudy only good vs non elite bigs and smaller guys? Embiid just dropped 40/19 on him. Dpoy?

Michell scored 33 pts on 34 attempts then says its about the calls. yikes.

Conley 35 mins just 2 assist and team high -15.

Is Rudy only good vs non elite bigs and smaller guys? Embiid just dropped 40/19 on him. Dpoy?

Michell scored 33 pts on 34 attempts then says its about the calls. yikes.

Conley 35 mins just 2 assist and team high -15.
It can be about Mitchell's performance AND the calls.

This team has won A LOT with prominent players having bad games. That's why they are the Hydra.

1614842687374.png

Don is shooting 37% on long twos (from 16ft - 3pt distance, source: Bbref). That's the worst freaking shot in basketball!
I want Coach Q to stop that regardless of the consequences.

View attachment 10419

Don is shooting 37% on long twos (from 16ft - 3pt distance, source: Bbref). That's the worst freaking shot in basketball!
I want Coach Q to stop that regardless of the consequences.
I feel like lately he's been taking more and more of the midrange shots. And these aren't late shot clock bail-out situations - they're early in possessions.

There's no excuse for it.

Very tough loss to take in. No question the officiating was really frustrating, but the Jazz started to lose this game before those calls happened. They were unable to pull away and once again struggled to execute down the stretch. They were rushing and several players made poor chooses. On the other side, Embid was locked in. Got to give him a ton of credit.

All and all, it was a super competitive game between two top teams. The Jazz definitely held their own and had an advantage most of the game. Now they just need to start working out how to close games.

Dwight Howard came in and made some plays to get Philly back in the game. He gets away with a lot of physical crap. At times it looks like this video that Spida posted...

I bet the Jazz lead the league in the fewest technicals. The refs sure haven't come around to rewarding that sportsmanship. Methinks at times it goes the other way. The squeaky wheel...

Dwight Howard came in and made some plays to get Philly back in the game. He gets away with a lot of physical crap. At times it looks like this video that Spida posted...

I bet the Jazz lead the league in the fewest technicals. The refs sure haven't come around to rewarding that sportsmanship. Methinks at times it goes the other way. The squeaky wheel...

Eh, the last time this team sounded off on the refs, it was Gobert, and he got whistled for two garbage fouls super early (one on the jumpball lol) and then ejected in our very next game.