What's new

Game Thread Mar 18, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers

Added to Calendar: 03-18-22

Jared Butler is the player I get the most excited to see.
Conversely, Forrest hasn't played in a while and I barely noticed or cared.

Butler over forrest and Paschall over Rudy going forward please.

Butler is quietly very solid defensively. He plays under control, gets his team mates involved, can hit the open shot, plays defense.

I can completely see why Quin hates him.
His ceiling is so much higher than Forrest’s NBA coaches in general are so risk averse it’s insane. JB is a great passer too. The shot is coming around. He gets where he wants on the court with ease and control.

It’s bonkers he hasn’t gotten more time.

His ceiling is so much higher than Forrest’s NBA coaches in general are so risk averse it’s insane. JB is a great passer too. The shot is coming around. He gets where he wants on the court with ease and control.

It’s bonkers he hasn’t gotten more time.
Been saying this for a while, he’s so much more likely the starting pg of the future for the jazz yet Forrest gets the minutes. By the wayJB’s footwork is insanely good.

Hey, remember that one time when the jazz were really really close to making the playoffs when Hayward was still here and all they had to do was beat the clippers scrubs, because they sat all the starter, well sure, we had Mike and O’Neale, but our scrubs basically just returned the favor tonight.

Hey, remember that one time when the jazz were really really close to making the playoffs when Hayward was still here and all they had to do was beat the clippers scrubs, because they sat all the starter, well sure, we had Mike and O’Neale, but our scrubs basically just returned the favor tonight.

Are you calling Gobert a scrub?

- Gobert was by far the best player on the floor tonight.
- 2nd night in a row that our energy was way better than the opponent. I think it has a lot to do with the infectious energy of playing our young guys. It probably has a lot to do with an extended home stand as well.
- Even Rudy Gay looked more spry
- Lots of good stuff from Butler and NAW. I'm wondering if Forrest makes the playoff roster now. FWIW I still think he's earned a contract, but don't think he should play in the playoffs, unless there is a special circumstance.
- Man I love Paschall, such a fun change of pace.

- Gobert was by far the best player on the floor tonight.
- 2nd night in a row that our energy was way better than the opponent. I think it has a lot to do with the infectious energy of playing our young guys. It probably has a lot to do with an extended home stand as well.
- Even Rudy Gay looked more spry
- Lots of good stuff from Butler and NAW. I'm wondering if Forrest makes the playoff roster now. FWIW I still think he's earned a contract, but don't think he should play in the playoffs, unless there is a special circumstance.
- Man I love Paschall, such a fun change of pace.

This seems to happen every time we have injuries this year and the deep bench gets to play. Those young guys are hungry, full of energy and play really hard.

I mean you don't have to trash Forrest in order to praise Butler.

Butler is clearly our PG of the future and the guy we should look to compare him to is Conley, not Forrest who's clearly had a very different role. Butler can play WITH Forrest in all fairness. All we need is for Conley to take a backseat and there will be plenty of minutes for both guys going forward the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Impressive win with many contributors. I liked the fact that guys did more than just score. Clarkson, NAW, Butler and others had steals, assist and rebounds. It would have been nice to sell off some of our older assets at the trade deadline and let the young guys play. I agree no one needs to trash one player over another. If anything, last night's game shows that the Jazz are really deep. I would like to see Quin use his bench more to save our starters for having to play heavy minutes. It was a great night, Jazz win and both Denver and Dallas lose.

Usually blowouts are not fun to watch and the second half wasn’t that fun as it got sloppy at times, but the second quarter was one of the best quarters in terms of entertainment and effort. As Coach Q likes to say, the ball didn’t stick. It moved. There wasn’t a lot of one on one play or forced shots. There were lots of touches. I hope the guys who were not playing get inspired by that.