What's new

Game Thread Mar 18, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers

Added to Calendar: 03-18-22

Second half will be closer. The scouting/game plan advantage will evaporate.
They would have to massively blow us out to win this game.

If the jazz loose this just sell the team tomorrow.

This is why I don't want Quin to get fired.

I genuinely believe the scheme is genius - his weakness is being overly loyal to certain players AND not being able to reign in the Donovan hero ball in close games.

But this offense just straight up works.
Is it really the scheme or is it the players? Trust me, I want to be wrong about Snyder in the worst possible way. Always making excuses for him suggesting he’s changing, improving. I mean his old crony Coach Bud‘s resume was pretty thin before last year. It can happen!

Man we've gone completely cold. Good thing these guys are worse than most high school JV squads.

Is it really the scheme or is it the players? Trust me, I want to be wrong about Snyder in the worst possible way. Always making excuses for him suggesting he’s changing, improving. I mean his old crony Coach Bud‘s resume was pretty thin before last year. It can happen!
Thing about it is, in the NBA it is ALWAYS the coach.

If you can't control your players and get them to "buy-in" then it's you. If you push them too hard and they revolt, then it's you. If you mismanage their roles/minutes and they become disgruntled, it's you. If you don't take advantage of your prospects (at the expense of the established players) then it's you.

There's only one way to win as an NBA coach and that's to get wins and win playoff series. It really doesn't matter who's fault it is if that doesn't happen because it's the coach's fault.

Welp they cut the lead to 35. I'm done with this ****.

Thing about it is, in the NBA it is ALWAYS the coach.

If you can't control your players and get them to "buy-in" then it's you. If you push them too hard and they revolt, then it's you. If you mismanage their roles/minutes and they become disgruntled, it's you. If you don't take advantage of your prospects (at the expense of the established players) then it's you.

There's only one way to win as an NBA coach and that's to get wins and win playoff series. It really doesn't matter who's fault it is if that doesn't happen because it's the coach's fault.
This guy gets it.

You can tell the commentators are familiar with the Jazz by how they keep bringing up the possibility of a Clippers comeback.

I'm liking this announcing crew. They even make Holly less cringey.