What's new

Game Thread Mar 18, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Celtics

Added to Calendar: 03-18-23

If THT get with a point guard coach this off-season and work on his shooting (Jason kid) it’s over. People might not like it but dude is hella talented might be the most talented on this jazz team however he’s just all over the place

Watching Ochai gain confidence the more he plays. From the jump I’m getting jimmy butler vibes. Just imagine if that’s the trajectory omg

This team just can't get out of its own way. How hard is it to do what is best for this team and sit Kelly O or another starter for these must lose games. On another note I think the jazz may really have something with this 3 7 footer lineup. It would be nice to snag Leonard Miller or Fili as a possible Kelly O replacement in that lineup. They ke though is finding a guy with the passing chops of Olynyk which is easier said than done.

Wow. Flip those 7 games, and the Jazz are sitting at 27-43 - which would put them at the 5th worst record in the league. Just goes to show how slim the margin for error is in the NBA. Also goes to show how well DA actually managed to tank, but Hardy keeps screwing it up.
How about the other side of the coin? Had we won all the games we narrowly lost, where would we be in the standings?

How about the other side of the coin? Had we won all the games we narrowly lost, where would we be in the standings?
I was thinking the exact same thing and then I went to check and we only had 3 losses by 1.

We are 7-3 in games decided by 1 point and 10-6 in games decided by 3 or less. The team is just incredibly clutch.

Also before the LA trade, we had 0 wire to wire losses. Thats just an incredible testament of the grit we see every game.

Jazz 1-point wins this season: 7

Wow. Flip those 7 games, and the Jazz are sitting at 27-43 - which would put them at the 5th worst record in the league. Just goes to show how slim the margin for error is in the NBA. Also goes to show how well DA actually managed to tank, but Hardy keeps screwing it up.
These make me so mad!! What could’ve been.
Another fantastic **** the tank victory. They were down by nearly 20 in this game!
Is this going to feel like victory 3-5 years from now when we are at best expected to be a second round team with no hope of getting better till the next round of blowing the team up starts?
The bitterness from the tankers makes this win all the more sweet
Are you even going to remember this win as you anguishly laminate. The fact we can’t get out of the second round. Over the next ten years? The only way this path leads to is pain and suffering
The ceiling of this build drops with every win. I’m mortified at the thought of another overachieving team that tops out as a 2nd round team. Sorry winning some pointless game in March (of a dead end season) doesn’t make me hard.
You sir are a treasure
Did anyone else think that white guy on Boston was Hayward? I was like how did this ************ sneak his way back to Boston
OMG yes I had the same thought watching the game. Lol
Just in an even worse position. Lol. So sad how this makes me laugh

Are you even going to remember this win as you anguishly laminate. The fact we can’t get out of the second round. Over the next ten years? The only way this path leads to is pain and suffering
Way more than any more theoretical lottery balls they may or may not have. Oh no, we might have had the 12th pick instead of the 15th. How horrible. Just think, if that didn't happen in 2011, the Jazz could have drafted Kwahi Leonard instead of Alec Burks. What a tragedy that would have been.

Actually though, after this thread and all the tanker tears, the likelihood of remembering this victory is going to exponentially increase.

What an awesome game. I think losses are better for the team and franchise but I cant root for them. Cant root against these guys. Lets make the playoffs and knock the twolves out of them and then put the fear into the hearts of whoever our first round opponent is.

I must have been really out of it last night. I tuned on toward the end of the 4th after I’d been watching us neck-and-neck on the ticker for a while. I saw the white uniforms and assumed it was us, then saw Grant Williams and thought, “WTF is that?” Then I saw #12 and got really confused, then I figured it out.

What is crazy is that trading Mitchell and Gobert for just Kessler, Ochai, and Lauri is a pretty fair trade. The extra 7 picks and 3 swaps is just insane. . .
sexton

Way more than any more theoretical lottery balls they may or may not have. Oh no, we might have had the 12th pick instead of the 15th. How horrible. Just think, if that didn't happen in 2011, the Jazz could have drafted Kwahi Leonard instead of Alec Burks. What a tragedy that would have been.

Actually though, after this thread and all the tanker tears, the likelihood of remembering this victory is going to exponentially increase.
Yeah… think of how happy all those San Antonio fans would have been had they brought back David Robinson like they should have and went on to win like 10-15 super memorable games and never had to endure the brutal Tim Duncan era… man what a disaster.

The ceiling of this build drops with every win.
Just cant really know that. The odds say it drops with every win but odds can be wrong. Sometimes horrible players are drafted early and hall of famers are drafted later.

Yeah… think of how happy all those San Antonio fans would have been had they brought back David Robinson like they should have and went on to win like 10-15 super memorable games and never had to endure the brutal Tim Duncan era… man what a disaster.
Or how happy the Blazers were when they miarcously won the lottery and got that stud Greg Oden, when the jabroni Kevin Durant was just waiting there. What a disaster.

Just cant really know that. The odds say it drops with every win but odds can be wrong. Sometimes horrible players are drafted early and hall of famers are drafted later.
I'm sure the response to this is going to be something along the lines that this isn't a rational way of looking at things. But lets be real, very little of sports fandom is rational. It's especially irrational to be a fan of a small market NBA team- there are so many barriers in place to winning a championship.

This is why I just can't get too upset about the Jazz not tanking properly this season. I just try to enjoy it for what it is, and celebrate the successes when they come, in whatever form.