What's new

Game Thread Mar 19, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Raptors

Added to Calendar: 03-19-21

I would like to state that Boucher signed for less than Favs. Would have loved to see us take a risk on a guy like that with ability to stretch the floor and protect the rim... especially since we paid a steep price.

I would like to state that Boucher signed for less than Favs. Would have loved to see us take a risk on a guy like that with ability to stretch the floor and protect the rim... especially since we paid a steep price.
Pretty good scouting by the Raps there. We definitely overpaid for Faves.

since we cried about the refs in Philly, the C's shot 4 FTs against us and now this 41-14 advantage against the Raps.
They grab and hold and got into us at physically all game. My only gripe is why is only Toronto called for it and not like the clips.

They basically were spotted 6-8 points on a non call/clock malfunction and that nasty Siakham screen.

Joe Ingles played 33 minutes. This is the minutes per game we need him to play.

Actually probably even more come playoff time.

I think Joe should eventually move into the starting lineup. He does need to play more minutes, but it’s difficult to get him that many coming off the bench. He had to play 19 straight minutes tonight in the second half.

If we start Ingles instead of Bogey, we can maybe exchange Oni in for Niang as well to keep some balance.

It would be dumb to trade Bogey now. One of the prime ingredients of this team is chemistry. Trading one of the starters now would mess with that.
Chemistry is only a fancy word to use when you've been putting up Ws. Name me one losing team that has "good chemistry". When your "prime ingredient" is resulting in a 5-5 record over your last 10, we shouldn't pride ourselves too much on that "chemistry" and some adjustment is warranted. Especially this last game was won by benching the very "starter" of ours in crunch time.

I think Joe should eventually move into the starting lineup. He does need to play more minutes, but it’s difficult to get him that many coming off the bench. He had to play 19 straight minutes tonight in the second half.

If we start Ingles instead of Bogey, we can maybe exchange Oni in for Niang as well to keep some balance.
Nah, I think that second unit is a killer. He is having the best season of his career. Q just needs to make some minor adjustments so he closes games.

He shouldn't be playing more than 30mpg during the regular season though.

By the way, how good was Joe Ingles again? 19 points on 8 true shooting attempts. 6 assists and only 1 turnover. Best guard defender on the team as well.

It's insanity that Quin wasn't letting him close games before. League leader in TS% right now.
Best player on the whole team in the last 5-8 games or so.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

They also did not look for him DM missed him in the corner for like 10 seconds.

Im fine with him simplifying and just taking the open threes for now. Dude is struggling.
I still believe in bogey from 3. I think he will get there.
The rest of his game will probably remain crap however.

Nah, I think that second unit is a killer. He is having the best season of his career. Q just needs to make some minor adjustments so he closes games.

He shouldn't be playing more than 30mpg during the regular season though.

He can still come back in the second unit, just as he does when he starts. I get resting him in the regular season...but when it's playoff time, he needs to be playing 36+ minutes a night. He's too valuable as our best shooter, nest PnR perimeter defender, and one of the better ball handlers on the team as well.

You are absolutely right. I didn't know how good or bad he was. Seemed like people were overreacting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Probably some over reacting but he was playing pretty poorly.

Took 3 ill advised 3's in like 4 possessions when the jazz had a nice lead in the 4th and the lead disappeared. Got some pretty fortunate calls to get to the line a lot. Some pump faking and exaggerated jumping into guys and just chucking the ball type stuff (which, to be fair, most all players do)

He was fantastic in the last two minutes though and I saw him play really good defense a number of times throughout the game.
One of his better efforts on defense yet this season imo.

Joe has hit 13 of his last 16 threes. Now up to 49% on the season. Maybe he can chase Korver’s record.

Also 54% from the field. 89% FT.

I loved having Jingles closing the game. Best thing we could have done.

Lots of Raptors complaining about the FT disparity. It's a big difference, but watching the game I didn't get a feeling that the officiating was poor. Rudy can often frustrate teams because he can defend without fouling.

I loved having Jingles closing the game. Best thing we could have done.
Agree... Bojan is great for last play of the game there is 3 seconds left and we need a shot... Joe in the last 4-5 minutes does so much more for us.

Lots of Raptors complaining about the FT disparity. It's a big difference, but watching the game I didn't get a feeling that the officiating was poor. Rudy can often frustrate teams because he can defend without fouling.
They actually get up in guys and defend though... we play with our hands behind our backs. I watched Siakham and Freddy use off arm and chicken wings all game but Don was the only one called for it. Literally they got a three at the end of the half because of a missed foul call and a cheating *** clock operator.