What's new

Game Thread Mar 19, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Raptors

Added to Calendar: 03-19-21

So happy to win that one, finally showed the character. Joe is playing incredible, you can see it even the way he shoots free throws recently. He is so relaxed, smooth and confident taking them.

Ever take time to think the reason joe is having a career year is because he's playing less minutes?
What proof do you have that playing less minutes is the reason for Joe Ingles shooting better (since that's basically what you mean by career year if we look at common box score stats)?

What proof do you have that playing less minutes is the reason for Joe Ingles shooting better (since that's basically what you mean by career year if we look at common box score stats)?
I have none, but it's common sense that as guys age they need dont recover as easily, and if not given a lighter load their performance will most likely suffer at some point. I'm not saying anything groundbreaking or that hot takey.

But I'm pretty confident it's some combination of less overall minutes and more minutes vs non starter quality wings.

I have none, but it's common sense that as guys age they need dont recover as easily, and if not given a lighter load their performance will most likely suffer at some point. I'm not saying anything groundbreaking or that hot takey.

But I'm pretty confident it's some combination of less overall minutes and more minutes vs non starter quality wings.
Exactly you have no evidence. Last year Joe averaged less mpg than two years ago, and had worse stats and thus there's evidence against it, if anything.

Who Joe plays with and plays against are likely the dominant factors. If we can maintain our #1 seed with Joe Ingles playing less minutes in the regular season then I'm ok with that. But come playoff time, Joe needs to be playing 32+ minutes.