What's new

Game Thread Mar 31, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 03-31-22

Jazz are lucky Lebron and AD are unlikely to play in this one, otherwise it would probably be another loss.

One of these teams is going to win and think they’re going to get back on track after this. And they’ll be wrong.

Russel Westbrook’s splits against us last year on a 32-43 Wizards:

30 ppg
14.5 rpg
13.5 apg
62.9% TS%
2 wins and 0 losses

We’re going to walk into this game like it’s a “get back on track gimme” and Westbrook will keep it close the whole game, and anxiety will finish us off down the stretch.

If we lose to the Lakers, the next two are on the road at Golden State and home against Memphis, both losses. That would mean an 8 game losing streak before a next possible win at home against the Thunder. The last two are home against Phoenix, who may be resting players for the playoffs and finish at home against the Blazers.

If they lose their next three (LA, GS, Phoenix) and when their last three they finish 48-34.

Minnesota is currently 43-33. Their next two games are road games against Toronto and Denver.

I really don’t want them to fall into the play-in. That is not because I am excited about the playoffs by any means, but I am just not sure the collective will of this franchise could survive a play-in tournament loss to the Clippers. I think a first round loss to the Warriors or Mavs would be bad but somehow not as bad.

All I know is if we go into the 4th with a big lead, we will likely melt down and lose.

But if we have a slim lead at the end, or the game is close, we will make bad decisions in the clutch, and lose.

But if we are a little ahead, and the Lakers stop playing half-way through the 4th. Like literally stop playing, then we probably only lose by a couple.

This is team that Rudy could be traded to during the summer. Rudy for Russ plus a million drafts picks.

Russel Westbrook’s splits against us last year on a 32-43 Wizards:

30 ppg
14.5 rpg
13.5 apg
62.9% TS%
2 wins and 0 losses

We’re going to walk into this game like it’s a “get back on track gimme” and Westbrook will keep it close the whole game, and anxiety will finish us off down the stretch.
Bruh… this gonna be the Malik Monk game. Russ will get his but Monk scoring 35 will be what buries us.

The Lakers are now out of the 11th and out of the play-in. We’ll let them back in. Would be a shame if us losing to them is what puts us both in the play-in and you know we aren’t advancing against them in a do or die.