What's new

Game Thread Mar 31, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 03-31-22

So excited about this team right now! Nice to have Bogey back for one thing. That and Gobert looked like an MVP candidate tonight, laser focused on both ends. Had to be part of the offensive game plan going in but Gobert responded in a big way on numerous pick and rolls gathering in every kind of pass and looking incredibly athletic at the rim over the HOF Howard. Loved the fact that he even rolled out an old school Chamberlain finger roll. :p

The other thing that got me "jazzed" was the fact that Snyder actually grew a pair and stood up to Rudy Gay! Hernangomez plays with a lot of poise, doesn't just look for his shot, plays both ends and is just the better player right now IMO. If we can beat the higher seed in the first round, look out league!

It was nice to have Bogey back. The spacing was so much better with him on the court. It was nice to have House back as well, although he was getting lost on defense for some reason. I wasn't exactly sure if it was his fault or not.

I don't know, for me this wasn't a super inspiring win. The Lakers looked awful, and for most the game we were happy to just play slightly better. I would think after a 5 game losing streak we would come out more hungry.

Great to finally get a win. I can't tell if we played better tonight or if it just looked that way because we were playing such a horrible team. Regardless, a wins a win.

One thing is for sure. Bogey has a large effect on the offense. He dodnt play great by any means but when he was out there things worked better. His spacing he provides is huge. Best floor spacer on the team

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Depending on how big an *** Gay is in the locker room… Gay might be given the Jeff Green treatment if that were the case. There are some signs that he’s not had great vibes with the team. It’s just signs and weird little **** it may not be the case at all.

He looks really unhappy all the time. Seems to fit horrobly with the team personality wise.

I know it was viewed as selfish and “dangerous” but I still think it’s impressive and resourceful.

I mean what was the pick up line “ girl you pretty smoove with that swab… I got a testing stick I’d like to get some help wit”.

Pretty sure you just made that pick up line up. Im gonna go ahead and give it post of the thread. Well done

Paschall and Juancho are 25 and 26, but we're going to lose them both because of 35 year old Rudy Gay who is already worse than both.
I think Juan stays... is he going to get anything more than the minimum. Eric is just too wonky of a fit and has had some weird stints lately. I'm fine with him staying at the minimum but i don't think its a huge loss and I don't think he gets an amazing offer elsewhere.

I think Juan stays... is he going to get anything more than the minimum. Eric is just too wonky of a fit and has had some weird stints lately. I'm fine with him staying at the minimum but i don't think its a huge loss and I don't think he gets an amazing offer elsewhere.

With Juancho, I think the biggest competitor will be Europe, not another NBA team. There were rumors about him getting a buyout and going back to Spain during the deadline. With him I think you need to give him some guarantee of role/opportunity and probably offer him more the minimum. I don't think the Jazz will do that if Rudy Gay is on the roster.

You know me, I was the most skeptical of any anyone when it comes to wonky stints....but Paschall is a talent. He's good enough and will likely come cheap enough that we should just sign him to a 2-3 year deal....but we won't because we have Rudy Gay. Quin really doesn't like him, but it's likely that Quin is not the coach next year. Maybe he gets re-upped in a please Donovan move.

I just think that it's also good to sign guys who are reasonably young, come cheap, and you're confident in being able to play in your rotation. Especially when you have an expensive team + cheap owner. You have to have a few guys in your rotation making <$5M a year. I wouldn't mind if the Jazz liquidized Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson into picks and we just ran with younger players and guys like Juancho/Paschall who can very easily become bargain contracts.

With Juancho, I think the biggest competitor will be Europe, not another NBA team. There were rumors about him getting a buyout and going back to Spain during the deadline. With him I think you need to give him some guarantee of role/opportunity and probably offer him more the minimum. I don't think the Jazz will do that if Rudy Gay is on the roster.

You know me, I was the most skeptical of any anyone when it comes to wonky stints....but Paschall is a talent. He's good enough and will likely come cheap enough that we should just sign him to a 2-3 year deal....but we won't because we have Rudy Gay. Quin really doesn't like him, but it's likely that Quin is not the coach next year. Maybe he gets re-upped in a please Donovan move.

I just think that it's also good to sign guys who are reasonably young, come cheap, and you're confident in being able to play in your rotation. Especially when you have an expensive team + cheap owner. You have to have a few guys in your rotation making <$5M a year. I wouldn't mind if the Jazz liquidized Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson into picks and we just ran with younger players and guys like Juancho/Paschall who can very easily become bargain contracts.
I do think Quin works against guys that don't fit perfectly into what he needs. Eric had an amazing stretch and was in/out of the lineup. He now looks like he is trying too hard and it just works against him. His poor rebounding is weird but you can see it out there. He's good enough to be a rotation player for us but I'm not convinced he's something super special.

With Gay we can offload his contract. I know we think he's washed but he's the type that will retain some value... I also think he is certain to be included in whatever big trades we do this offseason. I'm also not sure why we didn't just play Gay at center last night... if the option is Gay at center or the Monroe layup line... I'll take the Gay... I know Quin has a hard time understanding some of these things but just play the best players.

I think Juan stays in the NBA if he has good opportunity. Even if you have to go to the BAE he'd be worth it playing at this level. Especially if you moved Bogey, Royce, or some other team.

I'm convinced Rudy Gobert is getting traded this offseason... with that and the cap going up ever so slightly I think the tax will be easily avoided.

I do think Quin works against guys that don't fit perfectly into what he needs. Eric had an amazing stretch and was in/out of the lineup. He now looks like he is trying too hard and it just works against him. His poor rebounding is weird but you can see it out there. He's good enough to be a rotation player for us but I'm not convinced he's something super special.

With Gay we can offload his contract. I know we think he's washed but he's the type that will retain some value... I also think he is certain to be included in whatever big trades we do this offseason. I'm also not sure why we didn't just play Gay at center last night... if the option is Gay at center or the Monroe layup line... I'll take the Gay... I know Quin has a hard time understanding some of these things but just play the best players.

I think Juan stays in the NBA if he has good opportunity. Even if you have to go to the BAE he'd be worth it playing at this level. Especially if you moved Bogey, Royce, or some other team.

I'm convinced Rudy Gobert is getting traded this offseason... with that and the cap going up ever so slightly I think the tax will be easily avoided.

Gay definitely has negative value at this point. If he's not dumped, it's because we can't or don't need to because we've already traded Gobert. I think he's pretty much Millsap at this point in his career. He's a vet and maybe he plays maybe he doesn't. But if he's playing it's not great. I agree that he should be in play for backup C, especially with Whiteside out. Gay can maybe be an alternative to Whiteside at C depending on the matchup during playoffs, but if Quin would rather play Greg Monroe that idea is out the window. IMO, Paschall/Juancho are objectively better 4's than Gay and for me it's not close.

The other guy we definitely want to hold onto is House. I would be very happy if we could sign House, Paschall, and Juancho to deals similar to the one House initially signed with HOU.

Not sure where the negative comments about Gay being bad in the locker room are coming from or being unhappy. Y'all had to have seen Gay is a finalist for the NBA Teammate of the Year Award.

About Gay not playing, I was surprised as well, not that Juancho got minutes but that Monroe got minutes of Gay. I also thought maybe Quin was wanting to test out what Monroe to see if he was worth keeping after the 10day just in case they need him in the playoffs (with Forrest and Whiteside's injuries).

Not sure where the negative comments about Gay being bad in the locker room are coming from or being unhappy. Y'all had to have seen Gay is a finalist for the NBA Teammate of the Year Award.

About Gay not playing, I was surprised as well, not that Juancho got minutes but that Monroe got minutes of Gay. I also thought maybe Quin was wanting to test out what Monroe to see if he was worth keeping after the 10day just in case they need him in the playoffs (with Forrest and Whiteside's injuries).

I think Quin is done experimenting with small lineups, and wants a center on the floor at all times. I'm pretty sure he's said a much recently.

Based on our results this year I can understand, however I'm not sure he is taking any blame for how poorly our small ball lineups have been constructed, coached, or placed in situations where they might succeed.