What's new

Game Thread Mar 31, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 03-31-22

Well you were criticizing mitchell for trying to play through injury. Pretty dumb criticism imo. I wish more nba players would suck it up and play instead of all this sitting out i see all the time.

Good job donovan

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Different strokes for different folks.

I'd rather my stars be healthy instead of risking it for a game we could win without him.

If I was Gobert I'd refuse to screen for Jordan Clarkson. Clarkson only sees Rudy as a full-back to run behind when he's trying to get his floater off.

I hate that MIke Conley shoots that floater instead of hitting Gobert for the lob. Yeah, he makes it, but it's an even easier lob and you get Gobert going

I thought the same thing on that one. Easy lob

He’s not good at his basketball job because his basketball job requires too much of him? He can and has done better in the past… he’s lost some hunger.
Yeah, Idk why you are making this weird, but yeah. Royce is not in the correct role currently and it's hurting him. In the past he shared a lot of defensive responsibility with Ingles. Ingles use to be able help Royce out with matchups. Now Royce has all that and more minutes, and he's being stretched too thin. That doesnt make him a bad player. It just makes him someone who is being asked to do too much.

If he firmly grasps the ball and catches it he can definitely do some damage.
I think the biggest key is just the defender has to be soft, like a Melo. The thing Gobert gets those switches a decent amount. Just got to recognize it. Strong/physical players are who give Gobert trouble in the post.

If Rudy and Mike can push themselves and go for 20 every game, it may help a lot. And Don don't need to act as he have to save the team. Lakers are so bad that there is not much conclusion we can get from this game but let's say it's a start...

Oh wow, Gobert scored on a clear mismatch in the post against a soft defender? Crazy how Utah doesnt try to do that more.

The defender should have flopped. Probably would have got the call in this game

If Rudy and Mike can push themselves and go for 20 every game, it may help a lot. And Don don't need to act as he have to save the team. Lakers are so bad that there is not much conclusion we can get from this game but let's say it's a start...
If you get Gobert 10 shots he's going to get 20 more times than not. Just got to pass him the ball and not stop if he drops one or two.