What's new

Game Thread Mar 31, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 03-31-22

Monroe working in the low post… homey the playbook is big but it includes zero post ups… ask Rudy

That left hand finish on a layup from the right side that Donovan does… so ****ing smooth. I love it.

Royce is like Jesus Christ. He's dying for everyone else's defensive sins.
I watched him get blown by on a straight line drive like 2 minutes ago… I’ve watched him ball watch while the other team grabs an offensive rebound. He isn’t trying as hard as he used to… he really should be the ******* this team needs.

Monroe gives me Jefferson on defense flashbacks… ****ing layup line.

I watched him get blown by on a straight line drive like 2 minutes ago… I’ve watched him ball watch while the other team grabs an offensive rebound. He isn’t trying as hard as he used to… he really should be the ******* this team needs.
YEah, because he has to guard the best player on the court 24/7 every single game because no one else on the team is good enough on defense. That's what I meant by dying for other's sins part.

Royce is like Jesus Christ. He's dying for everyone else's defensive sins.
Whose sins? Is it because he takes more heat for his D? The other guys aren’t on the floor because of D. Royce is purportedly on the floor for defense.

I wonder what our defensive rebounding rate is when Gobert has to leave the paint to contest a shot.

It feels like it's really bad.

May as well play Gay as backup center cuz Monroe ain’t it.

Westbrook attacking Gobert using his off hand to try and shove him away then getting the foul call after he missed it is comical.

Whose sins? Is it because he takes more heat for his D? The other guys aren’t on the floor because of D. Royce is purportedly on the floor for defense.
Royce is on the floor because he shoots well, doesnt do anything negatively on offense, and is versatile on D.

The Jazz offense was built originally on having a ton of ball-handlers, so Royce was really valuable because he could share the floor with 3 other ball-handlers and skill of sticking to doing all the absolute basics was really valuable. His defensive versatility is important because the Jazz have so many bad defenders he can matchup at multiple spots to match the opposing best player. Now that the Jazz are down a ball-handler (Ingles) Royce's weaknesses are a bit more exposed this year.

There are going to be times when a guy like Danuel House looks better, because House will make more impressive plays. HE will play more daringly. He will take quicker shots. More aggressive shots. But he wil will have games where those things really hurt the team. Royce never really has those games. He almost exclusively takes great shots and he makes them at a very good rate. He's even done a better job lately of putting up more 3's (not by a ton, but an improvement) and it's gone largely unnoticed by the fanbase because we are obsessed at how limited he is.