What's new

March of the HYDRA!!

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
WOOHOO!!! - we ended at 9-4, 10-3 if you consider that the 6'ers needed an extra 3 players on the floor to help them win it, if you catch my drift. Not sure how that compares to the rest of the league overall but we weathered a rough storm at the beginning of the month and ended on a 7-game winning streak and looking very much like dominant February Jazz. We still have a few tweaks that are needed, such as Clarkson finding his stroke again and Bogey being more consistent, but Donovan and Gobert and Conley are in top form, and the rest of the team is dialed in with Joe Ingles having a historic stretch for a Jazz player with over 50% from 3 for the past 7 games. Time to take the league by storm and win out over April!!
Another month is behind us now. So far this year our record, month by month, is:

January - 13/3
February - 12/2

Where do we end up in March?

We have 13 games in March.

@NOP (L)
@76ers (L)
Rockets (W)
@GSW (L)
@BOS (W)
@Wizards (L)
@ Toronto (W)
@Bulls (W)
Brooklyn (W)
Memphis (W)
Memphis (W)
Cleveland (W)
@Memphis (W)

Running record: 7/4
Longest streak: 5 W

Make your predictions JF!

I think we go 10-3. Might pull off 11-2, but if we don't maintain our effort we could easily end up at 8-5 with a few trap games in there.

Last edited:

LOl actually found a song called the march of the Hydra

Pretty heavy metal, not my cup of tea but some of you will enjoy it. I hope they are not saying anything bad. I didn't listen to the whole song.

I'm nervous.

We've had some low energy efforts and some bad shooting nights. I hope the team see this and gets their **** together. I'm not going to make a prediction.

I'm nervous.

We've had some low energy efforts and some bad shooting nights. I hope the team see this and gets their **** together. I'm not going to make a prediction.
That 12-2 record in february got you shook?
I think conley missed like 6-10 games or so in february too btw. And bogey sucked. We might just be scratching the surface ;)

10-3 is probably a good bet. Looking at that Brooklyn game, can we exorcise the demons against a Harden led team.
I put it down as a loss. Is that before or after the all star break (I think its after)? iirc Durant is out until the all star break so hopefully its before the break. When is the all star game anyway?

Almost feels like this is the stretch to experiment with different lineups and get some guys like brantley some burn.

I'm nervous.

LMAO, you're nervous now? With this team? On this run? You should've seen when fans on this site thought that a rookie Gordon Hayward was the answer to LeBron in his prime.

LMAO, you're nervous now? With this team? On this run? You should've seen when fans on this site thought that a rookie Gordon Hayward was the answer to LeBron in his prime.
I was here then, too. So yeah, I'm nervous.

Effort in the last several games has been lacking. It's a long (shortened) season, sure, but the team in front needs to protect that lead like a mother lioness protecting her cubs.

I think there was some serious amp-up going into the Lakers game and then some let-off. That game obviously meant something to the team. I loved, LOVED, watching them win that game. But we're back to the grind. Grind is not fun, it's not exciting, it's not especially motivating. The "nervous" part for me is being able to see that clearly in our players. They need to be feeding off wins, any time, any place, any team. Hungry for wins.

Look, they have been great! This team is killing it. But a team is killing it right up until they're not killing it. This team can't afford to finish out average. 3.5 games is not even close to an insurmountable lead. Nothing has been put in the bank yet.

I'm nervous. Hopeful. Energized. Excited. Happy. But I'm nervous.

I was here then, too. So yeah, I'm nervous.

Effort in the last several games has been lacking. It's a long (shortened) season, sure, but the team in front needs to protect that lead like a mother lioness protecting her cubs.

I think there was some serious amp-up going into the Lakers game and then some let-off. That game obviously meant something to the team. I loved, LOVED, watching them win that game. But we're back to the grind. Grind is not fun, it's not exciting, it's not especially motivating. The "nervous" part for me is being able to see that clearly in our players. They need to be feeding off wins, any time, any place, any team. Hungry for wins.

Look, they have been great! This team is killing it. But a team is killing it right up until they're not killing it. This team can't afford to finish out average. 3.5 games is not even close to an insurmountable lead. Nothing has been put in the bank yet.

I'm nervous. Hopeful. Energized. Excited. Happy. But I'm nervous.
I think it's safe to say that they're feeding off wins. We have the best record in the NBA. Back to the grind is what every team goes through since the creation of basketball. 3.5 game lead is as substantial as it gets, 2019-2020 Western conference best team L.A. Lakers were 3.5 games over the Clippers come year end, 2018-2019 Western Conference best team GS Warriors finished 3.0 games above the #2 Nuggets. That's just the way basketball goes. And many times the far dominant team doesn't even win the Championship. 2017-2018 the Houston Rockets had a 7.0 game lead on the Warriors and didn't even win. We should be pretty optimistic that the last time we saw these kinds of regular season results "thus far" was in 1997-1998. We haven't seen this kind of first half in 23 years and,,,,, why be nervous if you don't have good reason?

I think it's safe to say that they're feeding off wins. We have the best record in the NBA. Back to the grind is what every team goes through since the creation of basketball. 3.5 game lead is as substantial as it gets, 2019-2020 Western conference best team L.A. Lakers were 3.5 games over the Clippers come year end, 2018-2019 Western Conference best team GS Warriors finished 3.0 games above the #2 Nuggets. That's just the way basketball goes. And many times the far dominant team doesn't even win the Championship. 2017-2018 the Houston Rockets had a 7.0 game lead on the Warriors and didn't even win. We should be pretty optimistic that the last time we saw these kinds of regular season results "thus far" was in 1997-1998. We haven't seen this kind of first half in 23 years and,,,,, why be nervous if you don't have good reason?
For a bunch of the reasons you just talked about...