What's new

Mark Bartlestein (Hayward's agent) to be on 97.5/1280 The Zone in 15 minutes

The two takeaways for me that tell me everything I need to know. All in this excerpt:

1) HE DIDN'T/WOULDN'T CALL ANY OF THESE PEOPLE HIMSELF? WTF.

I think you misread what I wrote. The way I heard it, Hayward had called Quin. No one else, but he had talked to Quin.

Reactions: 8
I think you misread what I wrote. The way I heard it, Hayward had called Quin. No one else, but he had talked to Quin.

Is it just me or is it way easier to concentrate on Colton's post since he changed the logo underneath his name? Great posts but always diminished by that old logo ;)

Is it just me or is it way easier to concentrate on Colton's post since he changed the logo underneath his name? Great posts but always diminished by that old logo ;)
Lol. Consequence of losing the bet on whether Hayward stays or goes.

Went with his gut, aka first instinct, aka something that occurred a long time before a few days ago

Hayward was employed by a business entity that made a nice profit from him. He was not employed by you unless you are one of the millers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. It'd be like me going into a 7-11 and telling the guy behind the counter he works for me because I just filled up my gas tank there.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm pretty sure Hayward would be a professional tennis player or a computer engineer, so I think he would be good without the NBA.

I'm pretty sure Hayward would be a professional tennis player or a computer engineer, so I think he would be good without the NBA.

The world without the NBA is implicitly a world without pro sports, period. That would also be a world with no athletic scholarships, but presumably still a world where college costs as much as it does in the real world.

To answer Green's question on why would Hayward "owe" Utah a solid as far as a sign and trade and why would he willingly weaken his new team:

First of all, Hayward and his agent knew that should the decision end up being Boston, the Celtics would absolutely have to shed salary to make room for Gordon. A productive player like an Avery Bradley or a Jae Crowder was being jettisoned to make room for G-Time. In that case, why don't you extend an olive branch in the form of the players you'll be cutting anyway towards the organization that gave you year round developmental coaches working with you ALL YEAR LONG, each and every year no less, (including Johnny Bryant working with Gordon in San Diego right up until it was time to go make his visits with Mia, Bos, and Utah. The other part of it is, why not push to get Utah a pretty hefty trade exception somewhere around the lines of $30 mil. It can be acquired without taking a player off the Boston roster and gives Utah a sizeable asset as we move on from Hayward.

And the last part of it: DL did tell Hayward to go out and prove he could get a max deal during the last go round. Sure, that's s strike on DL but not one that DL failed to overcome. Personal coaches, personal chefs, analytic teams deadicated solely to Hayward and his game getting next level. DL implemented all these things and all these things worked quite well. When Gordon had a come-apart last offseason about the roster, DL went out, got George Hill, Joe Johnson, and Boris Diaw and gave this team a shot at a playoff run.

Now I'm not one of the fans hoping that Gordon tears an acl or Robyn falls down the stairs of their new Boston mansion, but I am one who sees that GH handled this situation with no sense of decency, thoughtfulness, or gratitud for the organization that brought him into this league and in my opinion, played a very big part in getting him to wear he is now. To me, it's obvious he's unable to function as a man when it comes to personal relationships, something I think that will show itself more than once or twice now that he's in Boston. So long story short Green, yes he owes us a solid or 2, but we'll never get them from him because, well, it's just probably too uncomfortable for him to deal with.

Last edited:
Agreed. It'd be like me going into a 7-11 and telling the guy behind the counter he works for me because I just filled up my gas tank there.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, he doesn't work for you in the sense of being an ******* to him under the guise of "you work for me!" but any job I've had, I'd have to be dense to not know where my paycheck came from, regardless of who actually signs it. Good hell.

What sticks in my craw about it is that at the negotiating table Hayward has pretty much all the leverage and didn't use any of it to do the team a solid. I feel like it would be trivial for him to require the small concession of a sign and trade, especially because Boston had to shed salary anyhow.

To answer Green's question on why would Hayward "owe" Utah a solid as far as a sign and trade and why would he willingly weaken his new team:

First of all, Hayward and his agent knew that should the decision end up being Boston, the Celtics would absolutely have to shed salary to make room for Gordon. A productive player like an Avery Bradley or a Jae Crowder was being jettisoned to make room for G-Time. In that case, why don't you extend an olive branch towards the organization that had year round developmental coaches working with you ALL YEAR LONG, each and every year no less, (including Johnny Bryant working with Gordon in San Diego right up until it was time to go make his visits with Mia, Bos, and Utah.

Also by the that logic isn't he 'hurting his new team' by signing to the maximum available amount? And really, are Marcus Morris and a second round pick really going to move the needle much on how good that team is anyway?

A tpe would even be a solid and help his team as well. The Ebenezer screwge scarcity mentality makes for bad business relations.

In my company you sell to clients, employees and vendors. I even have good relationships with some of my competition, and all of those relationships make me money.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

If you believe Hayward had his mind made up a year ago, then why doesn't anyone believe he told DL last year that he wanted to be traded to Boston?

Because no one is asserting that that happened.

The world without the NBA is implicitly a world without pro sports, period. That would also be a world with no athletic scholarships, but presumably still a world where college costs as much as it does in the real world.

And I have to point out the inclusion of computer engineer as if it's equivalent. LMAO.

I'm an engineer. I ****ing wish I'm treated the same way pro athletes are.

it's been so surprising given that Bartlestein has had a pretty good rep as an agent ?? I think Sprayward has sold him a bunch of BS that he knew was garbage but that he was happy to go along with in an attempt to look after his client. Either that or he was part of the fraud.

To me it seems pretty clear that he knew a year or two ago, and just isn't man enough to have been up front and didn't want to be seen as the bad guy above all else. I think there's something in him that makes him want people to love him. The whole "process" has been a farce to try to make people think he really did consider everything and then made some heartbreaking decision to leave for the big smoke, but has backfired because it's plain as day that it was all contrived to portray a shiny image and to avoid facing uncomfortable conflict. The stuff his agent said makes that even more clear. Ironically i think in the next few years he will find himself in the middle of a reasonable amount of uncomfortable conflict. Good luck to him.

He lied from start to finish... but it was also kind of cringe-worthy from Spence and Gordon IMO. Seemed super needy and desperate.