What's new

MAX Hall arrested for shoplifting, busted with cocaine

Well here are the most dangerous campuses, at least according to FBI data.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-colleges-in-america-2012-11?op=1

No Utah school among them, but 3 California schools present, including #1, UCLA.

Don't trust that FBI data, all Mormons. Probably left out all BYU data and added them into some PAC12 schools, just to show them.

Srs though... Berkeley on the list as second most dangerous? Duke, MIT? Those nerds are dangerous.

Here is an article about safest campuses, not surprisingly they have a bunch of small campuses mostly, but some bigger ones as well, and few big name universities. I copied the link on an interesting University that probably describes most college boys primary goal in college.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2010/09/13/safest-colleges.html#slide30

Brigham Young is listed at #43. Dixie is on the list too, #36 I think.

All those college crime rates are pretty dang low. If you want to read anything from those lists, it's that college campuses are safe places.

I have to admit, it does make smile that UCLA would be #1 though....considering it's basically in Beverly Hills. Whereas USC borders those infamous cities that many rap songs have been written about.

Last edited:
And for the record, had Max not professed hatred in his heart for the classless, lack of morals Ute fans, there wouldn't be nearly the uproar that there is right now. He's reaping what he has sewn. The real victims here are his wife and kids. Max wasn't some poor soul reaching out for help. If he gets help now, it won't be because he went looking for it, it will be because a judge demands it.

The bolded part...this.

Max took an intense rivalry and cranked it up to 11 with his remarks about Ute fans and the fabricated story of Ute fans throwing beer on his mom. If this was another Cougar, there would still be some laughing, but this is Max Hall, Ute Enemy #1. Sorry, I'm not going to feel sorry for him and I don't feel bad for laughing at the situation. That doesn't mean I don't hope he gets the help he needs and turns his life around and maybe even uses this to help others. Addiction and alcoholism gallop in my family and I've seen what it can do, but do I feel bad because I laughed at his arrest and his mug shot? Not a ****ing chance. I'm sure that all the righteous people in this thread would be posting similar comments and Facebook quotes from their lovely wife if this was Kobe Bryant instead of Max Hall. Right?

Part of the reason this is being talked about so much is because it's a byu player and that makes it a much bigger deal.

Hearing about this type of thing at other schools would be unspectacular and much more meh...... also, hall is particularly hated and that makes it even more fun for ute fans. (Rightly so)

If the same thing happened to Kyle van noy then ute fans would still make fun and talk ****, but a lot less.

The bolded part...this.

Max took an intense rivalry and cranked it up to 11 with his remarks about Ute fans and the fabricated story of Ute fans throwing beer on his mom. If this was another Cougar, there would still be some laughing, but this is Max Hall, Ute Enemy #1. Sorry, I'm not going to feel sorry for him and I don't feel bad for laughing at the situation. That doesn't mean I don't hope he gets the help he needs and turns his life around and maybe even uses this to help others. Addiction and alcoholism gallop in my family and I've seen what it can do, but do I feel bad because I laughed at his arrest and his mug shot? Not a ****ing chance. I'm sure that all the righteous people in this thread would be posting similar comments and Facebook quotes from their lovely wife if this was Kobe Bryant instead of Max Hall. Right?

I think most of us agree about this right?

The bolded part...this.

You sound like you weren't expecting moral outrage from the Zoobs.

Don't trust that FBI data, all Mormons. Probably left out all BYU data and added them into some PAC12 schools, just to show them.

Srs though... Berkeley on the list as second most dangerous? Duke, MIT? Those nerds are dangerous.

I went to Berkeley. Never felt like it was too dangerous; however, if you leave your bike unlocked and unattended for more than about 30 seconds, it will be stolen. Definitely felt like things became "slippery" when you set them down, to use the Book of Mormon phrase.

Lost in this thread is the fact that I think instead of posting our own opinions, we should start posting what our wives/significant others think on all topics jazzfanz.

That's sounds so awesome.

biff

Lost in this thread is the fact that I think instead of posting our own opinions, we should start posting what our wives/significant others think on all topics jazzfanz.

"**** all of you pathetic nerds." - Mrs. Scootsy

I'm having a hard time believing that the "we should have sympathy for drug addicts" noise coming from BYU fans applies to people that don't attend BYU. I'm having a hard time believing that y'all wouldn't be much more critical than Utes fans are being if the shoe was on the other foot.

I had to stop and ponder this myself, and to be honest, I'm not too sure how I would have reacted. I may have been just as bad as some that I'm complaining about, but I don't think so. I tried to search old threads to see how I reacted to some other Ute debacles over the years, but my search feature is F'd on an iPad. If someone can find where I was an over the top **** head, I'll gladly eat a crap sandwich.

The attitude I'm complaining about appears to me to be institutional. I have no problem believing that there are fans who are not okay with it, and it's even possible that those fans are in the majority, but I still see a tremendous amount of this behavior.

Ok, OneBrow.

I agree with the BYU fans on one thing (today at least, when it's their guy in trouble) we should have sympathy for people who are addicted to drugs and stop incarcerating them.

I never would have agreed with this statement until it started affecting people I know and love. There will always be people (and that includes me to a small degree) that think that drug addicts deserve everything they get, and that's just the way it will always be. Unless it happens to you, it's impossible to understand.

I can honestly say that I probably would have been in this category several years ago. Now, having seen firsthand what drug addictions do to people, there's no way I wish that on ANYBODY. Not even Utes.
Yes, Max saying what he said has brought this to a higher level. I don't think there is anything wrong is pointing out and enjoying the irony in the fact that it's Max Hall wearing a BYU tshirt that got nailed with drugs. But to relish the fact and enjoy it as a BYU player and throw a party because of it is just wrong.

I agree with this, especially the part about probably being that way a few years ago.

The bolded part...this.

Max took an intense rivalry and cranked it up to 11 with his remarks about Ute fans and the fabricated story of Ute fans throwing beer on his mom. If this was another Cougar, there would still be some laughing, but this is Max Hall, Ute Enemy #1. Sorry, I'm not going to feel sorry for him and I don't feel bad for laughing at the situation. That doesn't mean I don't hope he gets the help he needs and turns his life around and maybe even uses this to help others. Addiction and alcoholism gallop in my family and I've seen what it can do, but do I feel bad because I laughed at his arrest and his mug shot? Not a ****ing chance.

Everything you said there is true, and I don't blame you for laughing. On the flip side, you didn't start a thread about it, nor did you tag me and/or post a bunch of **** on my Facebook page rubbing it in. I have zero issues with the former, but I have deep anger at the latter. Unjustified? Maybe. Hypocritical? Maybe. Do I care? Not a ****ing chance.

I'm sure that all the righteous people in this thread would be posting similar comments and Facebook quotes from their lovely wife if this was Kobe Bryant instead of Max Hall. Right?

Pretty valid point. If this had been Kobe Bryant or DuhBron, I would have likely been the person to start the thread. I have zero justifiable explanation for that.

I'll take it from YB because he's a respected friend who's opinions I trust. Your opinions, on the other hand, I wouldn't use to wipe the **** off of Ugli's helmet. I posted my wife's opinion because it mirrors mine, and she stated it a lot better than I could have. How that translates into some sort of jab or funny insight is beyond my comedic grasp, apparently.

At the end of the day, Max Hall will get what's coming to him, and I'm OK with that. You can't fix it if you don't know it's broken. What I am sorry about, and what makes me sad, is the humiliation, the loss, the heartbreak, and the potential breaking up of his family. By all accounts, they are innocents here, and for that, the Hall's will get my sympathy and empathy.

EJ Trout Wrote:

I'll take it from YB because he's a respected friend who's opinions I trust. Your opinions, on the other hand, I wouldn't use to wipe the **** off of Ugli's helmet. I posted my wife's opinion because it mirrors mine, and she stated it a lot better than I could have. How that translates into some sort of jab or funny insight is beyond my comedic grasp, apparently.

The day you value my opinion is the day I go shotgun to the dome. Besides, I'm more concerned about your wife's take on my opinions.

Because advancements that come from drug abuse creativity far outweigh the bad. So what Max Hall stoled a few DVDs it don't hurt nobody. Maybe tomorrow he will be great inventor like Thomas Edison on cocaine or Steve Jobs on LSD.

Drugs are so much benefit to society. No good reason for washing baby down the drain with bath water.

-Guy gets scholarship given to him for throwing a football
-Guy gets many thousands of dollars for throwing a football for a season (or two?)
-Guy hits rock bottom?

Forgive me for not knowing the details of how he's hit rock bottom. Anyone care to fill me in?

So, you're suggesting that if someone plays football and receives a scholarship and/or payment for doing so that he should be immune to personal problems or perhaps mental health issues?