What's new

MAX Hall arrested for shoplifting, busted with cocaine

I have been interested in ibogaine because there is some compelling evidence that it can have a lasting effect on depression from PTSD. I remember reading somewhere that one dose, even after the psychotropic effects wear off, can last as long as 4-6 days (maybe less but it was a few days or so) for the anti-depressant effects. So you could take the dosing on a weekend and potentially have relief of some level all week long. It seems there was also something about the need for it declining over time instead of increasing, so it became more effective as you used it and you needed less of it to achieve the same effects, or the same dose lasted longer over time. It is something I really wish they would increase research for.

So, you're suggesting that if someone plays football and receives a scholarship and/or payment for doing so that he should be immune to personal problems or perhaps mental health issues?

All this from the guy who had a photo in his footer for years that identified everybody in Rice Eccles Stadium as "classless tools." Priceless.

Apparently none of those "classless tools" suffer from any sort of addiction. If they did, Trout would have been the perfect gentleman.

I have been interested in ibogaine because there is some compelling evidence that it can have a lasting effect on depression from PTSD. I remember reading somewhere that one dose, even after the psychotropic effects wear off, can last as long as 4-6 days (maybe less but it was a few days or so) for the anti-depressant effects. So you could take the dosing on a weekend and potentially have relief of some level all week long. It seems there was also something about the need for it declining over time instead of increasing, so it became more effective as you used it and you needed less of it to achieve the same effects, or the same dose lasted longer over time. It is something I really wish they would increase research for.

The fact that there is not a whole lot of research into it makes me really really sad.

Does this joke belong in the inappropriate thread?

Yeah, theft should be legal...as long as you're a drug addict. Duh.

Sadly that is a platform you could probably get a solid number of people to rally for.

So, you're suggesting that if someone plays football and receives a scholarship and/or payment for doing so that he should be immune to personal problems or perhaps mental health issues?

I'm saying people with fewer opportunities receive much less sympathy the vast majority of time. The single biggest reason Max is the subject of ridicule on one side and being put under the other side's blanket is because of those (amazing) opportunities.

I was also actually asking a question because I am not as (weirdly) connected to and knowledgeable about the personal life of a college quarterback of half a decade ago.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];900066 said:
No it should not be legal but you cannot anger yourself over this thing because drug abusers advance science so end up with more. That what I said to make it clear.

clear as mud

All this from the guy who had a photo in his footer for years that identified everybody in Rice Eccles Stadium as "classless tools." Priceless.

But... You are... Ugh.

Apparently none of those "classless tools" suffer from any sort of addiction. If they did, Trout would have been the perfect gentleman.

Probably.

What do you mean "those"? Don't you mean "us"?

Good catch. I didn't mean to infer that I'm not a "classless tool" because I most certainly am.

^^^^

I talked to a guy who is a close friend of the Hall family yesterday. He explained to me how Max changed drastically for the negative when he was with the Cardinals (and presumably got hooked on drugs). He claims that Max turned into a major jerk (but his descriptive language was far more colorful than that), much the same way some people are impossible to be around if using alcohol.

Max and Dennis Pita married sisters, so as Dennis' career soared with a new $25 million contract, this guy believes that Max put even more negative pressure on himself, and that getting cut from a relatively low paying job in the CFL was just too much to take.

According to the guy I talked to, Max is currently in a rehab center and Dennis is paying the bills. Max's wife and kids are with her parents. He told me the monthly rehab cost (which is huge) and location, but he said the latest word is that Max is not progressing well.

As much as I despised Max for his anti-Utah rant, this story is heartbreaking. I hope he succeeds in turning his life around.

I talked to a guy who is a close friend of the Hall family yesterday. He explained to me how Max changed drastically for the negative when he was with the Cardinals (and presumably got hooked on drugs). He claims that Max turned into a major jerk (but his descriptive language was far more colorful than that), much the same way some people are impossible to be around if using alcohol.

Max and Dennis Pita married sisters, so as Dennis' career soared with a new $25 million contract, this guy believes that Max put even more negative pressure on himself, and that getting cut from a relatively low paying job in the CFL was just too much to take.

According to the guy I talked to, Max is currently in a rehab center and Dennis is paying the bills. Max's wife and kids are with her parents. He told me the monthly rehab cost (which is huge) and location, but he said the latest word is that Max is not progressing well.

As much as I despised Max for his anti-Utah rant, this story is heartbreaking. I hope he succeeds in turning his life around.

I have a hard time having sympathy for him or people like him. You know who I have sympathy for? His kids who will forever be scarred by having a drug addict absentee father, and our society if his kids turn into menaces. He's needs to stop acting like a baby, man up, and take care of his damn kids. Dude needs to grow the eff up.

I can't help but just feel like people who are like this are just selfish people, and don't deserve sympathy. He doesn't need sympathy. He needs a nice humbling *** kicking.

I have a hard time having sympathy for him or people like him. You know who I have sympathy for? His kids who will forever be scarred by having a drug addict absentee father, and our society if his kids turn into menaces. He's needs to stop acting like a baby, man up, and take care of his damn kids. Dude needs to grow the eff up.

I can't help but just feel like people who are like this are just selfish people, and don't deserve sympathy. He doesn't need sympathy. He needs a nice humbling *** kicking.

He might not have the ability to "man up" right now. It sucks, but it will probably take a couple times in rehab and some love and patience from family members. Addiction is real.

I definitely have greater sympathy for his children and wife, but I went through a terrible experience where my life was out of my control for a little while. I did not turn to addiction as a way out, but I could certainly imagine under those circumstances why someone might. I literally did not have the ability to see the end of the problem, and everything I did seemed to produce the opposite result that I intended. Thank God that I had a strong support system of people I could turn to in my time of need.