What's new

MAX Hall arrested for shoplifting, busted with cocaine

He might not have the ability to "man up" right now. It sucks, but it will probably take a couple times in rehab and some love and patience from family members. Addiction is real.

Sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse. Addictions don't make choices for you. What's real is the painful withdrawals drugs do to you. He chooses his own self comfort over the well being of his own family.He could choose the painful detox if he wanted. He could have chosen his family first, and he could choose to do this at any time. Your actions reflect what you care about most. Max cares about Max most. A lot of good men out there will die for their family. This douchebag chooses drugs over his family.

I definitely have greater sympathy for his children and wife, but I went through a terrible experience where my life was out of my control for a little while. I did not turn to addiction as a way out, but I could certainly imagine under those circumstances why someone might. I literally did not have the ability to see the end of the problem, and everything I did seemed to produce the opposite result that I intended. Thank God that I had a strong support system of people I could turn to in my time of need.

You said yourself he turned into a major jerk. All those drugs did was amplify who he really is. His classes rant against Utah fans showed who he really is as well. You can't self inflict pain on yourself then act like a jerk to everyone , and then garner my sympathy.

Sorry, but I've lost all patience for people like this. I'm tired of all the excuses, selfishness, and zero self accountability that runs rampant in the world. Self inflicted pain doesn't deserve sympathy either. There is plenty of "real" tragedies to care about. Max isn't one.

This dude looks kind of like an elf, a Cocaine Elf.

keebler-elf.jpg

But with cocaine instead of chocolate.

Sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse. Addictions don't make choices for you. What's real is the painful withdrawals drugs do to you. He chooses his own self comfort over the well being of his own family.He could choose the painful detox if he wanted. He could have chosen his family first, and he could choose to do this at any time. Your actions reflect what you care about most. Max cares about Max most. A lot of good men out there will die for their family. This douchebag chooses drugs over his family.

You said yourself he turned into a major jerk. All those drugs did was amplify who he really is. His classes rant against Utah fans showed who he really is as well. You can't self inflict pain on yourself then act like a jerk to everyone , and then garner my sympathy.

Sorry, but I've lost all patience for people like this. I'm tired of all the excuses, selfishness, and zero self accountability that runs rampant in the world. Self inflicted pain doesn't deserve sympathy either. There is plenty of "real" tragedies to care about. Max isn't one.
Your opinions mirror mine from not that long ago, but as a result of my experiences and probably also due to a little more age, I have realized that neither you, I nor anyone else benefit from chaos in Hall's life. In fact, it's probably to our detriment because, as you already pointed out, Hall has kids and those kids are going to be impacted by this terrible experience. That could eventually impact you, me or our kids.

From my perspective Hall became a characterization of all the things I dislike most about that school he once played for on the day he went on his rant, and there is a certain amount if inescapable karma in seeing him arrested for those crimes wearing a BYU shirt, but I could not possibly wish him any ill will going forward, and as a matter of fact, I would gladly lend him a hand if I could.

You know who I feel sorry for?

The drug addicts with zero savings and who were born to drug addict parents.
The drug addicts who don't have millionaire friends paying for their rehab.
The drug addicts with little education and few prospects.

Max Hall was given the tools and opportunities that few here will ever have.

He chose drugs over family, career, god, etc.

So you didn't turn out to be Peyton Manning? So what? You still got a free education playing a game.

If you can't handle being born on 3rd base then imagine what it's like for the rest of us who actually worked through college, have thousands of debt for college, don't have rich friends, come from broken families, and must work 40 hrs per week just to make ends meet.

Lastly, wasn't he a high school coach and teacher? My hell... If working with lil munchkins doesn't keep you motivated I don't know what will. There are always "those days" and the pay sucks but working with youth can be some of the best experiences of your life. So once again Max, stop looking at yourself. Look at what you can provide for today's youth.

Cowboy up Max. Football is a game. Time to put the games away and deal with real life.

Last edited: