What's new

Max Hall released

Max Hall went to a team not far removed from a near Super Bowl victory. He's had guys to throw to like Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. Alex was drafted by a team in shambles, asked to produce at QB for a team that has literally had almost no offensive weapons during that time, and had to deal with a new offensive coordinator with a new system every single year of his career.

Not even close to apples-to-apples.

He has one of the best TE in football and a great RB (who is very good receiving back). Yes, his WR core was somewhat lacking, but Alex Smith sucks, no doubt about it. I don't even know why y'all are even arguing about this. Max Hall is clearly worse than Smith, but Smith still sucks hard. Who cares who sucks more? They both suck enough not to do crap in the NFL.

Smith = #1 overall pick
Hall = undrafted

Smith's failure to produce represents a much greater level of fail.

Smith produces enough to be an NFL starting QB....Halls not currently even in the NFL.....your math sucks.

Why do you guys even care about Max Hall. Have you all forgotten that he hates you?

Max Hall went to a team not far removed from a near Super Bowl victory. He's had guys to throw to like Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. Alex was drafted by a team in shambles, asked to produce at QB for a team that has literally had almost no offensive weapons during that time, and had to deal with a new offensive coordinator with a new system every single year of his career.

Not even close to apples-to-apples.

Uhhhh that Cardinal team is ugly man.

They've lost a lot of pieces from their super bowl days.

Just look at how they went out. They were dumped by the Saints and Warner was gone with a concussion (because his offensive line was falling apart), and losing a ton of offensive weapons (Anquan Bolden anyone?).

You could put Peyton Manning on that Cardinal team right now and they'd struggle to make the playoffs. There's a big reason why Kurt Warner retired when he did. He ain't no dummy.

No running game, terrible offensive line, and a defense with a lot of holes.

Alex Smith, when drafted, when to a dumpheap of a franchise. They literally had nothing. The 100,000 offensive coordinators he had in his first few seasons didn't help either.

However, the last 2 years he's had opportunity, a decent O-line, and plenty of offensive weapons.

Lastly, what was Alex Smith drafted? And what was Max Hall drafted? How much has Alex ripped off the niners? How much did Max Hall make off the Cardinals?
Hall =Very small investment for the Cardinals that didn't work out.
Smith= Huuuuuuuugeeeeeeeeee investment that has quite honestly, screwed up the rebuilding process for years.

Smith produces enough to be an NFL starting QB....Halls not currently even in the NFL.....your math sucks.

Produces what?

Interceptions?

Sacks?

Fumbles?

Failures to move an offense?

Smith is anything but a starting QB in the National Football League.

Great college player in a system made for him.

Horrible NFL QB.

Sadly, he perhaps could have found more success had he been drafted by a better team with a good QB to learn from ala Rogers. We'll never know, since Smith is out of this league soon...

Uhhhh that Cardinal team is ugly man.

They've lost a lot of pieces from their super bowl days.

Just look at how they went out. They were dumped by the Saints and Warner was gone with a concussion (because his offensive line was falling apart), and losing a ton of offensive weapons (Anquan Bolden anyone?).

You could put Peyton Manning on that Cardinal team right now and they'd struggle to make the playoffs. There's a big reason why Kurt Warner retired when he did. He ain't no dummy.

No running game, terrible offensive line, and a defense with a lot of holes.

Alex Smith, when drafted, when to a dumpheap of a franchise. They literally had nothing. The 100,000 offensive coordinators he had in his first few seasons didn't help either.

However, the last 2 years he's had opportunity, a decent O-line, and plenty of offensive weapons.

Lastly, what was Alex Smith drafted? And what was Max Hall drafted? How much has Alex ripped off the niners? How much did Max Hall make off the Cardinals?
Hall =Very small investment for the Cardinals that didn't work out.
Smith= Huuuuuuuugeeeeeeeeee investment that has quite honestly, screwed up the rebuilding process for years.

You're so out of touch. The Cards were very close to making the playoffs last year with the corpse of Don Knotts qb'ing. Manning would be a HUGE upgrade, not only because of his play but because of how that play would also mean the offense would be on the field or score that much more, thus making things infinitely easier for the defense. His arrival would also be an instant injection of confidence into the team in general and in that division, they'd easily go 10-6. With Kolb there this year, I see them making the playoffs, well them or the Rams. The 49ers are still the 49ers and the Seahawks suck *** and the whole new coach/Pete Carroll thing has worn off.

I'm not saying the Cards are awesome but Whisenhunt's a stud imo and Kolb is a huge upgrade over last year's qb play. Two wins easily.

I've been a huge Alex Smith fan, but even I can't defend his NFL career. I don't care how many coordinators he's had, or what WR's he's had, the dude just isn't a quality NFL quarterback, and he never will be. The only reason why he's still considered a starter in the NFL is because he was the #1 overall pick, and the 49ers want to save face.

Alex could be a good backup on any team, but he's never going to be a good starting QB.

You're so out of touch. The Cards were very close to making the playoffs last year with the corpse of Don Knotts qb'ing. Manning would be a HUGE upgrade, not only because of his play but because of how that play would also mean the offense would be on the field or score that much more, thus making things infinitely easier for the defense. His arrival would also be an instant injection of confidence into the team in general and in that division, they'd easily go 10-6. With Kolb there this year, I see them making the playoffs, well them or the Rams. The 49ers are still the 49ers and the Seahawks suck *** and the whole new coach/Pete Carroll thing has worn off.

I'm not saying the Cards are awesome but Whisenhunt's a stud imo and Kolb is a huge upgrade over last year's qb play. Two wins easily.

In the NFC west?

Saying that you were "close" to making the playoffs while playing in the NFC west (whose champ last year had a losing record, 7-9) doesn't strengthen your argument.

In the NFC west?

Saying that you were "close" to making the playoffs while playing in the NFC west (whose champ last year had a losing record, 7-9) doesn't strengthen your argument.

They were 31st on total yards (offense) and not much better (27th) in total yards on the defensive side of the ball. So I guess they just all-around sucked. But I guess I drink the Whisenhunt Kool-Aid and think that their qb play was some of the worst in NFL history last year. If they had Manning, they win the division. Easily.

They were 31st on total yards (offense) and not much better (27th) in total yards on the defensive side of the ball. So I guess they just all-around sucked. But I guess I drink the Whisenhunt Kool-Aid and think that their qb play was some of the worst in NFL history last year. If they had Manning, they win the division. Easily.

I personally don't think Manning could have saved them. Maybe. But I'm not sure. That whole division sucked last year. Arizona finished in last place. That team was HORRIBLE.

The 49ers however, had last year and have even more pieces, than the Cards. Yet, did very little more.

QB Max Hall to be placed on IR by Arizona Cardinals

8 comments by Kent Somers - Aug. 30, 2011 01:01 PM
The Arizona Republic

Quarterback Max Hall's left shoulder injury was more severe than first thought, and he will undergo surgery soon, according to his agent, Eric Metz.

Hall suffered the injury at training camp in Flagstaff last week. The initial prognosis was that Hall could return in four to six weeks, prompting the waived-injured move. Under that designation, Hall could have reached an injury settlement with the Cardinals and become a free agent when healthy.

Now, Hall goes on injured reserve and is expected to miss this season. It's conceivable the Cardinals could still an injury settlement with him during the season.

Read more: https://www.azcentral.com/sports/ca...s-max-hall-injured-reserve.html#ixzz1WZMeYgz6

https://www.azcentral.com/sports/ca...izona-cardinals-max-hall-injured-reserve.html

So it looks like he wasn't waived after all.

Close, but no cigar. I wish Smith well, and hope he succeeds.
Not everyone hates.

I actually find myself rooting for John Beck. Maybe it was because my Dolphins initially drafted him or maybe it's because he's seems nowhere near the douchebag that Max seems to be. Usually, I tend to root for BYU guys once they get to the NFL, the exceptions being Max Hall and Austin Collie. Sometimes there's just guys you can never root for.