What's new

Game Thread May 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 05-08-21

The end of bench would give a **** at the end of this game and it probably would've been a clean 20 pt win.

Anyone else noticing that Snyder keeps the starters out there abnormally long? Like he doesn’t trust the scrubs to hold onto a double digit lead inside of 3 mins? It’s weird to me. Let them dribble out the clock and get a shot clock violation every time then. But why are we STILL playing the big guys who played huge mins last night?

EDIT everyone else is thinking the same thing. Sorry, just didn’t see the posts when I posted this
Yep. Just tell them to run clock and we would have ended the game better than the starters did

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Terrible game. Terrible. We didn't deserve to win it. One of those where the talent disparity was just too great for Houston to overcome but boy we played ******.

Man, I wanted to see Dok but the game never got to garbage time minutes.

I hate these tanking scrub teams because they can't empty the bench.

Don't look at this play by play if you don't want your eyes to bleed.
Jazz were up 124-102 with 3 minutes and 37 seconds left.
Screenshot_20210508-221739~2.jpegScreenshot_20210508-221749.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The good: we won a trap game. Niang looked awesome tonight.

The bad: meh, I was expecting a huge let down and that’s what happened. It was an ugly game. I’m disappointed that the young guys didn’t get more time. Forrest’s shot looks not great and Thomas just doesn’t look good to me. That left handed brick he shot was laughable. Would’ve liked to have seen Dok or Ersan tonight. Another DNP from Hughes. Sigh

Terrible game. Terrible. We didn't deserve to win it. One of those where the talent disparity was just too great for Houston to overcome but boy we played ******.

Hopefully, not to many games like this one. Jazz were totally lackadaisical. I started to wonder if playing too many terrible teams like this will hurt us going into the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason the Jazz signed Favors is to backup Rudy and give him additional rest.
He sucks so bad the Jazz can't afford him to play more than 4 minute bursts cause the entire team plays worse with him in the middle.
Favors gives you occasional layups. Below average passing. Average rebounding. At least in this system he's negative defensively as well. What exactly does anyone see in his game that makes them like his game? I don't get it.
Name the last time Favors dove for a loose ball, the last time he caught fire and scored 10 points in a quarter, the last time he made the other team call a timeout cause the mismatch he's causing needs addressing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Precisely why we drafted Dok. He is the true backup next season.

Thomas was some guy the rockets signed. Honestly, he looked better than all of our guards not named clarkson. Is he a real player? If so, the rockets got a great steal.

Kenyon Martin’s son can really jump. Wish I had those genes.

Precisely why we drafted Dok. He is the true backup next season.
Is fsvors on a one year contract? If not, Then what do you do with him next year? I don’t think anyone wants to trade for that. Especially when you see his lack of mobility these days. Man he’s aged 10 years in 2 years.

Is fsvors on a one year contract? If not, Then what do you do with him next year? I don’t think anyone wants to trade for that. Especially when you see his lack of mobility these days. Man he’s aged 10 years in 2 years.
3 year deal... remember when I told you it was dumb to draft Dok and sign Favs?

I don't understand why Quin left the starters in until the end. They weren't even trying the last three minutes. It was embarrassing. And not only that but you're risking an injury when you do this. What was Quin thinking?