What's new

MEDIA DAY!!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!

Anybody else swooning over Rodney shooting and draining 3s in the background?

I don't. Remember where I read it but DOL said that Neto approached him and said,"that Rodney Hood is a very good player, I need to find a way to get him the ball more often."

Locke sets the bed for Pleiss to **** all over the Barça coaching staff, and Pleiss doesn't bite. Classy. Smart dude.

Locke sets the bed for Pleiss to **** all over the Barça coaching staff, and Pleiss doesn't bite. Classy. Smart dude.
Yeah. I noticed that too. Locke made it hard to give a positive answer to that question and Pleiss knocked it out of the park with something like, "I have no complaints about them. The road I took led me here, and this is where I always wanted to be."

When a team is grown inductively, from the bottom up this is the result. A tight group where the feel is that anyone can step up when needed. This wins basketball games guys, when everybody knows that everyone else has their back. This season will be very exciting.

Yeah. I noticed that too. Locke made it hard to give a positive answer to that question and Pleiss knocked it out of the park with something like, "I have no complaints about them. The road I took led me here, and this is where I always wanted to be."

yup. said how he learned really crucial things while he was there, and how he's become a better player because of it. Cannot think of a better possible answer to give.

It seemed to me that Trey has matured quite a bit, I hope for his sake it is true and that it results in improved performance on the court.

When a team is grown inductively, from the bottom up this is the result. A tight group where the feel is that anyone can step up when needed. This wins basketball games guys, when everybody knows that everyone else has their back. This season will be very exciting.

Fantastic post-- this is the take-home for today, above all else, IMO.

This is why you gotta stay loyal with your players, and work with them. Hold them accountable, but allow room for error. From top to bottom everyone respects Dennis and Quin, and would walk through walls for them. They've done such a fantastic job with the post-Deron rebuild. It's hard to comprehend. Look no further than Derrick Favors-- I mean in 25/30 teams in the NBA, he would've been dumped or traded. Instead, they've allowed him to progress on offense step by step. He's come out of his shell slowly, on a social standpoint. Just got married, and now he's laughing more in interviews than any other player.

It's really, really refreshing to root for a team that has as phenomenal of a front office as the Utah Jazz. They have absolutely blasted this rebuild, and I think today is the culmination of that. Kudos to all.

It seemed to me that Trey has matured quite a bit, I hope for his sake it is true and that it results in improved performance on the court.

it will surprise me so freaking little if Trey just knocks it out of the park this year. It'll be yet another feather in the cap of the Jazz rebuild: when the entire league asked them to cut ties with him, they show patience, and they're paid back for it.

Why would he have anything negative to say?

Ingles game was probably held back more, I doubt they really held Pleiss back that much from what he does. It's not like he was a wing player who wanted to create more. I didn't really get the vibe that he was holding anything back, sounded pretty genuine in his response.