What's new

MEDIA DAY!!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!

Was Jerrett interviewed? I saw him walk over that way once and then he turned around with his tail between his legs. Not sure if he came back later. Dead man walking. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Millsap is very well spoken. He's a guy who understands his role. Will be interesting to see that last roster spot battle between him and Johnson (provided Withey makes the team). And damn...I really like Cooley. There just isn't a spot for him.

Nah, he is the only one who didn't. Hard to feel sorry for him when he is guaranteed to get paid 1 million dollars this year.

Not over the Exum injury, its still bummin me out. Even this media day didnt help get me excited.

Rep to anyone who can find a Grant Jerret interview or quote from media day.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Almost certain it was a dig at Paul George.

I don't think so. I think the Jazz are truly prepared to go small. It won't be our identity but it will be a used weapon in the bag of tricks. The versatility of this team really is impressive if you stop to think about it.

General response. I like Locke's commentary and breakdowns when he's not towing the company line too hard. Hate his play by play.

Q: What did you prove last season?
Rudy: That I'm an NBA player

Q: What do you want to prove this season?
Rudy: That I'm a playoff player.

Q: What do you want to prove in the next 5 years?
Rudy: That I'm a championship player.

Boom.. That was just awesome.

I liked also what he said about how much he learned from the Euro tournament and the defeat against Spain. It really can't be underlined enough : big competitive games in a "winner takes all" environment are what makes a team grow. People like to say that the Bulls became the team they were thanks to the Pistons, having lost 3 series in a row in 88-90 until finally they got them.

You learn so much in those games and series. He realizes that and he knows that for this team there is only one way to grow : to play games that matter, to get to the playoffs, to play those series against the Warriors, the Spurs, the Clippers, the Rockets... These are the games you learn from.

Man he is a competitive animal..

I don't think so. I think the Jazz are truly prepared to go small. It won't be our identity but it will be a used weapon in the bag of tricks. The versatility of this team really is impressive if you stop to think about it.

General response. I like Locke's commentary and breakdowns when he's not towing the company line too hard. Hate his play by play.
Regarding your first paragraph, what did Locke think was so funny about what he said?

Regarding your second paragraph, I agree 100%.

Trey Burke's face looks much thinner to me.. dunno what that means though.
It means that there is less fat on his face probably

So media day happened...now what?

Does anyone know where I can pick up a printed Jazz schedule? In years past it has been in Subway or McDonalds...anyone seen them around this season?