What's new

MEDIA DAY!!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!

Jerret really sounds like the most boring person on the team. You can really tell in the tone of his voice he knows he isn't staying here. Everyone else sounds like they have at least a little bit of confidence.

I didn't realize his injury was that severe (torn labrum). Can he even go full contact yet? In any case. I just don't see a roster spot for him.

If ya'll want little tidbits on the Jazz you really should follow Locke on snapchat. dlocke9. he posts lots of good stuff.

Like two today:

says that the offensive focus is getting set and into a shot earlier in the shot clock.

Defensive focus, was seeing if all the little defensive habits returned. Snyder was pleased with what he saw.

Fantastic post-- this is the take-home for today, above all else, IMO.

This is why you gotta stay loyal with your players, and work with them. Hold them accountable, but allow room for error. From top to bottom everyone respects Dennis and Quin, and would walk through walls for them. They've done such a fantastic job with the post-Deron rebuild. It's hard to comprehend. Look no further than Derrick Favors-- I mean in 25/30 teams in the NBA, he would've been dumped or traded. Instead, they've allowed him to progress on offense step by step. He's come out of his shell slowly, on a social standpoint. Just got married, and now he's laughing more in interviews than any other player.

It's really, really refreshing to root for a team that has as phenomenal of a front office as the Utah Jazz. They have absolutely blasted this rebuild, and I think today is the culmination of that. Kudos to all.

Can you believe it, I actually liked one of your posts.

it will surprise me so freaking little if Trey just knocks it out of the park this year. It'll be yet another feather in the cap of the Jazz rebuild: when the entire league asked them to cut ties with him, they show patience, and they're paid back for it.

We can only hope ... it would be a miracle, however, like the old NY Mets of 1969

1360441790_1508_trophy.jpg

It means that there is less fat on his face probably

Yeah but does that mean he's leaner now and is quicker around the court? That would be awesome.. he's quite slow without much change of pace for a PG.

Talked about really good numbers coming out of P3 as well.. hopefully that will translate.

If ya'll want little tidbits on the Jazz you really should follow Locke on snapchat. dlocke9. he posts lots of good stuff.

Like two today:

says that the offensive focus is getting set and into a shot earlier in the shot clock.

Defensive focus, was seeing if all the little defensive habits returned. Snyder was pleased with what he saw.

Okay, Lindsey was talking a similar line yesterday. Lindsey explained that the advanced stats show the Jazz changed ends of the court quickly, but if there was no break advantage, they sputtered ( my word not Lindsey's) into the offense. I believe Lindsey mentioned this in connection with Trey Burke's low shooting percentage and how it could improve.

The glory days of Jazz nation, when John the Benevolent and Karl the Conquerer ruled the land, they talked a lot about primary fast breaks and secondary breaks...while there were some incredible fast breaks, more often Karl and John utilized the secondary break. Karl got many early easy baskets by outrunning the pf and center of the other team, or simply getting them on his hip and never letting them establish defensive position. John recognized the advantage and quickly got Karl the ball. It was very simple basketball fundamentals executed extrodinarrily well. I hope Quin 's Jazz are able to find those simple advantages and exploit them early in the shot clock this season. It makes for exciting basketball.

Gobert retweeted Magic Johnson saying "Between the Suns, Lakers, Mavs and Kings...one of these four teams will get the 8th spot in the west"

Also the Utah Jazz are releasing Day 1 interviews after training. Several are up (Like Snyder, Burke and Hayward)

The thought is the Jazz want to do something but the first preseason games in Hawaii are making things difficult.

It'd be nice if they did, I've been going to all of them the last 3 years. It's nice getting a feel for the ESA before the season starts for free.

Hayward is calling Raul 'wolfie" for the Portuguese pronunciation of Raul (Howool)

Gobert retweeted Magic Johnson saying "Between the Suns, Lakers, Mavs and Kings...one of these four teams will get the 8th spot in the west"

Also the Utah Jazz are releasing Day 1 interviews after training. Several are up (Like Snyder, Burke and Hayward)

lakers.... lol

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Hayward is calling Raul 'wolfie" for the Portuguese pronunciation of Raul (Howool)

I'm cool with "Wolf", not sure about "Woofie" though. Sounds kind of sexual. That's probably some female Jazz fan's wet dream though, erotic threesomes with Hayward/Neto.

or, just drop the neto, and we can refer to him as the werewolf.