What's new

Meetup // drinks before games?

perkinsfor3

Will be visiting the SLC area in Februari, and planning to visit the Spurs game. Do you guys have meetups and /or drinks before or after the games? If so, whats a good place?

Also, buy tickets directly via the vivint arena website? Or better tips?

I know many people dont drink beers in Utah, but a place like the Beerhive is a fun location imo!

Will be visiting the SLC area in Februari, and planning to visit the Spurs game. Do you guys have meetups and /or drinks before or after the games? If so, whats a good place?

Also, buy tickets directly via the vivint arena website? Or better tips?

I know many people dont drink beers in Utah, but a place like the Beerhive is a fun location imo!

I would be up to grab a beer before the game. I am not picky about where that is at. It sounds like you are familiar enough with SLC that you know that bars. Beerhive is a fine place to meetup.

I'm in as well. Poplar is a good spot for pre/post drinks with a ton of Jazz fans there and it's only two or three blocks away. Also, if you go to Squatters about an hour or so after a Jazz game, you will likely run into Joe Ingles or Dante Exum.

Hey guys, sounds great - thanks for all the reactions. It's the game vs the Spurs on Monday Feb 12.

Let's agree on a time and spot (beerhive or another) closer to that date. Squatters sounds like a nice place as well - haven't been there!

Hey guys, sounds great - thanks for all the reactions. It's the game vs the Spurs on Monday Feb 12.

Let's agree on a time and spot (beerhive or another) closer to that date. Squatters sounds like a nice place as well - haven't been there!
Squatters is a solid place. There are a lot of options, I would be up for wherever. There are a bunch of new breweries fairly close as well that are good. Proper Bar, A. Fisher Brewing and Kiitos are all good beer if thats what you are looking for.

Are you wanting a good beer place, a bar and/or somewhere with food?

Where are you coming in from?

We're coming from the Netherlands. Will be in SLC/Provo for business from Feb 10-17. Will be staying in southern SLC, near Sugar House.

Beer + some food would be perfect, but don't know how much time there is for food.

One more question: are ther Donovan Mitchell jerseys already on sale somewhere? And if so, in child (age 6) sizes as well? Got three goals that week (besides business):
1. Visit National History Museum of Utah
2. Score a Donovan Mitchell jersey for me and my son, and another one for the wife, who got mad at me for bringing a Jazz shirt instead of a jersey last time.
3. Scoring a bunch of unopened packs of ball cards for us to open live on air during or bi-weekly NBA show in the Netherlands (Overtime Cards probably, Midvale)