What's new

Mehmet Okur Appreciation Thread (2004 - 2011) - You Will Be Missed ;_ ;

Love you Memo!! Expect a nice warm reception when you come back here. We'll miss our Money Man! Always down to earth, kind, and sincere. Never a rude or cold response, never a diva attitude. Memo said he wanted to retire here and would have taken less than market value to do so. Athletes like that are rare. Good luck in NJ to one of the highest quality people in the NBA.

stzCH.jpg

Happy to say I was there and got the camera out right in time for the money man to deliver..
[video=youtube_share;VSBmJ3CfMgg[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSBmJ3CfMgg

crowd reaction says it all, will miss him A LOT!

Nothing but good things to say about memo. Class act and had some great games for us. This is a tough one for me.

Memo has always been one of my favorite Jazz players. A class act all the way around. I remember a couple of years ago, after Boozer went down, when he and Deron were running the pick and pop to perfection. Memo hit 60% on his 3's for a couple of months. That was so much fun to watch. If Memo has anything left - remember, it often takes 1+ years to recover from that type of injury - I'd love for him to sign with Utah next summer and give the team 10-15 mins as the 5th big (and injury insurance). At least he and Deron seemed to get along well. So if nothing else, he's going to fit in and be appreciated. Of any move the Jazz have made over the past 20 uears, thiis one makes me the saddest. I understand it and it's best strategically and financially for the franchise, but it still makes me sad.

I doubt Memo reads this board, but I wish him nothing but the best. And I hope he gets a standing "O" when NJ visits. That will definitely be a game I'll watch.

Damn I'm going to miss Memo. By far one of my favorite Jazzmen of all time. It won't be the same without the Moneyman. Best of luck Memo!

So many big shots. Great guy with a great attitude. Always surprised to see he was an escape goat on this board especialy when he played hurt (Unlike Loozer) risked his career and whne he did indeed suffer back to back injuries he was labeled "Done". Then why did we blame Boozer for sitting out a third of the season everytime he had a boo boo. A class act the Jazz will surely miss.

He's an all time favorite in my book if just alone for his performance against the Rockettes in game 7 of that first round playoff series...anyone who knocks the Rockettes out of the playoffs is awesome.

You guys act like memo was your boyfriend

Lmao! His game will not be missed. He sucked. What in the world were you guys watching? All I seen was a guy giving up layups all day long.
Someone else like say deron could have just been taking those threes.

There is a whole lot more to basketball than shooting threes. And memo did absolutely nothing else above average. He crippled our defense.
Our whole defense was built around stopping layups and we still couldn't do it. And its also the reason why we gave up so many threes. Memo couldn't handle the post defense so we had to over help down low.

So what he was a good guy. How's that saying go.... nice guys finish last
We need ballers not missionaries

You all sound like you are ready to cry. He isn't dead.

Trust me our defense will be better with him gone and no points will be missed.

Lmao! His game will not be missed. He sucked. What in the world were you guys watching? All I seen was a guy giving up layups all day long.

There is a whole lot more to basketball than shooting threes. And memo did absolutely nothing else above average. He crippled our defense.
Our whole defense was built around stopping layups and we still couldn't do it. And its also the reason why we gave up so many threes. Memo couldn't handle the post defense so we had to over help down low.

Your shtick isn't funny. And I realize you are trolling (probably Sloanfail). If your goal is to be annoying then congratulations. But funny, no. You try way too hard. It is obvious that being funny does not come naturally for you.

Also, I'm pretty sure your inner voice was correct when you told yourself it was your fault that your parents split up and your dad was never around.

Memo was beast and HE KNEW HOW TO MAKE IT RAIN 3s. I will definitely miss his "money shots". Good luck Memo, you should live in Utah after your career if you like the states :D

God damn it. He was my favorite jazz player of all time (

...you must be about 8 years old....oh, wait! You swear like a Marine so you could be a tad bit older! Have you ever seen Stockton and Malone? If Memo is your favorite Jazz player of all time.....I pity the fool.

**** your face

I will miss the 3s, the interviews, the goofy-*** child-like smiles and enthusiasm. For all his deficiencies, you could always count on Memo showing up and doing whatever he could to help his guys win. In an ego-driven league and culture, Memo was the exception.

That was and-one.