What's new

Memo Excited About Playing With Kanter

Thanks for the interview translation. Lots of interesting stuff there.

Sp: Do they make fun of rookies ?

Memo: Not much in utah but i have talked to a couple of teammates, they told about some jokes they already did to him but now its not proper if i say it on tv .

must be a story there...

Okur: ...if Enes plays in national team, he may close the gap of not playing games for 2 yrs a little bit, and he may be more ready before nba season starts, also he can gain experience n make the national team better.

Good thinking.

Sp : how long may it last if it happens, n players can come to europe in that games?

Memo : Now as far as i know, due to the rules brought by FIBA, the players who already has contract cannt play in europe but the ones whose contract expired.

Very interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

Memo: ...so now i wanna be sensibile about my injury, not even 99% but i would return when im 100% ready.

Sounds like he's not real close to playing again yet.

4 lottery picks in 2 years...2 of them #3 big men... two more coming next year, if not more with trades. (lets be serious the Jazz aren't going to be better than 12 again) This is how you build a team... I mean who would you rather have if you're trying to win a championship in the next 5 years

Dwill, Watson, Scrub
CJ, Scrub
AK, Hayward
Sap, Evans
Big Al, Fes, Scrub

or

Harris, Watson
CJ, Burks
Hayward, Evans
Favors, Milsap
Jefferson, Kanter, Memo

with 2 more lottery picks coming

There is so much depth to this team as it is... the first team is a 6 seed consistently, the second team sky is the limit... not everybody is going to fulfill their potential, but people are already calling Favors "Dwight-light"... we don't know what Kanter can do, yet. Hayward was playing like a lengthy Brandon Roy late last season, and Alec Burks could be Brandon Roy... and Devin Harris, Paul Milsap, and AJ are not out of their primes, and we know each can play like an all-star. I don't foresee playoffs this year, but that might be good for adding more young guys (Austin Rivers). This team could be the Thunder, in a year or two.

Agree completely. I think it's pretty amazing the Jazz have rebuilt TWO times in ten years and have had only two down years (well, three if you anticipate the upcoming season as <40 wins). Most of us thought initially there was a real shot at a title with Boozer, Memo and AK. Jazz started off one season 12-1, IIRC, with McLeod running the point. I don't blame Sloan, KOC and Larry H for thinking all the team needed to do was to get healthy once we had an all-star PG join that nucleus.

And then we saw it would never happen. It takes time to unravel high long-term contracts. KOC, IMO, has done a great job of getting the best assets available while improving the financial stability of the team. That's a tough balance. Would have been nice to still have Maynor and Matthews, but the Millers couldn't afford the additional luxury tax. Maybe had AK been unloaded sooner, but I believe Larry H. was the one that nixed at least one deal. Have there been other mistakes? Yes, certainly. Jazz didn't hit on all their picks. But no one does.

About mid-season (heading into the all-star break), I was debating on whether to renew my LP. I hated the effort and attitude of the team. The trade revitalized me. I know there will be some growing pains and rough times ahead. But I want to see these young guys play. Jazz have a lot of talent. They're on the right track. It will be fun seeing if Utah develops into a contender.

Am I the only one who thinks it's obvious those answers are written by someone from Memos website and not from Memo himself? Not that it really matters...

Thanks for the interview translation. Lots of interesting stuff there.

must be a story there...

Good thinking.

Very interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

Sounds like he's not real close to playing again yet.

he will miss the euro basket for sure, so he will be coming earliest around november december in my opinion.
there is a saying in turkey, if ur mouth is burn by hot milk, u would eat even yogurt by blowing (to cool it off)

So what i mean is, he is double careful right now which i doubt he will come too quick. He is taking things easy and making more secure steps

he will miss the euro basket for sure, so he will be coming earliest around november december in my opinion.
there is a saying in turkey, if ur mouth is burn by hot milk, u would eat even yogurt by blowing (to cool it off)

So what i mean is, he is double careful right now which i doubt he will come too quick. He is taking things easy and making more secure steps

Thanks for the KJV, how about the amplified? ;)

I've met Memo a couple of times and everytime he's been cool. I just wish we could get him back on the floor.

I've always been a Memo fan and have though he's been criminally under appreciated by some here, particularly those with the obsessive fixation on the 'defensive shot blocking big.' Granted, he is not the world's greatest defensive player, but he's a great shooter, a pretty good rebounder, a great teammate, someone who plays with and through pain, etc.

My favorite Okurism, "Sh** happens, Memo Okurs."

I've been one of the loudest 'Memo haters' on this board but my gripes have always been about role and and salary. If the Jazz can sign Memo for another couple of years on an actual cheap deal and he comes off the bench (presuming some of the logs have been cleared in the rotation), then awesome. Keep the **** out of him.