What's new

Memo joins Randy Rigby at 5pm on 1280, Tune In!

Sexual Favors

Memo joins Randy Rigby @ 5pm on 1280, and What About This Tweet from Enes?

Maybe there's something more to this tweet from Kanter earlier today?

@Enes_Kanter
How do l look in the @utahjazz legend @MehmetOkur13 's jersey from Turkey :)

attachment.php

Memo offered the Jazz his tutoring services for Enes at the end of last season, maybe we are taking him up on that offer?

Tune in @ 5PM to 1280!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 167
So far:

Memo hired officially by the Jazz to help on and off the court. No official title. Will deal with sponsors and mentoring players where needed.

Will help Enes. Been in town for three days and been to practices at open gym. Told Kanter he needs to use his legs when he shoots.

Talked about his injury, being upset when he was traded but getting over it, loving Utah and feeling it is his family's second home, etc.

When they cut to commercial, the mic was still live for about ten seconds and Memo said "I just ran into Enes actually..."

What was frustrating about and probably for, Memo, was that he was playing the best ball of his career just before his injury. He probably shouldn't have played that day; he already was injured. I blame the trainer for it; he should've shut Memo down. Who knows how much longer he wouldn't played if he didn't suffer that final injury.

Memo will be around for training camp and the beginning of the season to help out with players. Final schedule of when he'll be around is still being finalized, but it sounds like there will actually be one for him, unlike the Malone situation.

What was frustrating about and probably for, Memo, was that he was playing the best ball of his career just before his injury. He probably shouldn't have played that day; he already was injured. I blame the trainer for it; he should've shut Memo down. Who knows how much longer he wouldn't played if he didn't suffer that final injury.

From what I saw, his back left him to be able to stay on court for 30 minutes. I knew his back will make him siffer again if he came back to play each time. His back made his prime be over.

Desperate attempt to get Kanter in gear? Maybe. Though the team does like him a lot. He isn't much in a radio interview, lots of pre prepared answers. And do we really want someone who mostly shot threes teaching our big guys how to play? I know, different system and stretch bigs are popular these days. If nothing else he can help Kanter develop a decent game without a lot of lift involved in it.

Stretch bigs are effective at improving scoring as a team. Things that work tend to be popular.

I wouldn't normally be very excited at the prospect of someone working with Memo, but I worry that Kanter will be lost unless a worthy person that he likes/respects gets inside his damn head. So maybe this helps.

And do we really want someone who mostly shot threes teaching our big guys how to play?

'This is very unfair to Okur. He rebounded, defended the post player well, and had some post-up game as well as his jump shot. He was not a rim protector, but was a well-rounded player.

Enes should be mentored by smart people. Memo is fine. Malone would bring toughness emphasis to him. He should take lessons from the smartest players possible to learn how to read the game and dive into the flow naturally.

Desperate attempt to get Kanter in gear? Maybe. Though the team does like him a lot. He isn't much in a radio interview, lots of pre prepared answers. And do we really want someone who mostly shot threes teaching our big guys how to play? I know, different system and stretch bigs are popular these days. If nothing else he can help Kanter develop a decent game without a lot of lift involved in it.

if we want kanter and favors to play together and succeed, one of them is going to have to show some range and be a threat from outside. a necessary evil.

So is the whole Kanter/Favors working out with Malone thing over?

I'd like to know as well. I felt Favors post game improved after working with Malone for a short period. Have they discontinued the program?

I just remember comment after comment (admittedly either here or on the radio) taking about how slow Memo was on his feet, no lateral quickness, no lift. I do admit that he did show some post game once in a while, but he was definitely not a prototypical Jazz big. Which may not even matter any more.