What's new

Messina Interview -Tranlation Needed-

ema

Contributor
We need guys who can understand Italian again. gskulls, JohnnyClutch, Core4 and others, can you help with this interview? franklin, please forget what I have said before when I told you to stop asking around, if you can ask your uncle or boss, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the interview link, https://www.smtvsanmarino.sm/video/sport/intervista-ettore-messina-10-05-2014, towards the end the guys asks about the NBA.

Here is a very short excerpt of the interview in Italian but google translate does a very bad job this time.
"We're going to Milan with more confidence, in this play-off we experienced that made us grow unlike last year"

"I spoke with Teodosic in Milan and probably start from the bench, which helps him to" change "the game without having the anxiety of having to" do "him"

"Real Madrid is the favorite because Barcelona has more individual talent and more quickly"

"The Future in America? I also read what I say but is unlikely to occur because the doubts of a foreign person, not their environment, they are big. I have no illusions but another round is over and you will need to think about something else "

Edit: We don't need tranlation though, a translation would be much better :)

Well, at least he isn't going to the Lakers!
Why would you say that? Did you deduce it from the last line?

And if possible, could you make more interpretation about the interview?

Have all the Italians gone to a secret mob meeting or something?

No one left who can translate this thing?

I got this....

In my best Italian accent he said....

Mama mia, my name is a mario. I love spaghetti and meatballs, and the Jazz. Can I bring my Masserati?

I think the translation was decent enough. Could be cleaned up grammatically, of course. I think he's probably telling people not to read too much into what he said previously (I've read what I said) because there are big doubts for a foreign coach to come to the NBA. He has no illusions and another round (of EuroCup) is over and the reporters need to think about something else (other than asking about him going to the US).

I don't think the interview really solves things one way or another. Probably less encouraging than before, but not a definitive answer.

Reactions: ema
I speak Italian...this the translation:

The interviewer says: “I read in the Italian newspaper that you could become head coach in America”

Messina answers: “I have read and heard the same thing but in my opinion it is very difficult that it will happen because at the end of the day in Nba there are big doubts about a foreign person that is not part of their environment.
I laughed when I found out about the poll among the Lakers fans because the fact that 2000 fans voted me as the Lakers ideal head coach despite spending there only 8 months, is very funny".

The interviewer says: “Maybe it is not so funny?" (Meaning it is something emblematic)

Messina answers: “Maybe not, but I don’t want to deceive myself. But at the same time it has come the moment to finish another cycle and it will be necessary to take account of other options.

The good news is that Messina is open to coach in Nba! The bad news is that he is pleased by the Lakers interest.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he is as good a poker player as DL is....

A match made in heaven? I think so. :)

I speak Italian...this the translation:

The interviewer says: “I read in the Italian newspaper that you could become head coach in America”

Messina answers: “I have read and heard the same thing but in my opinion it is very difficult that it will happen because at the end of the day in Nba there are big doubts about a foreign person that is not part of their environment.
I laughed when I found out about the poll between the Lakers fans because the fact that 2000 fans voted me as the Lakers ideal head coach despite spending there only 8 months, is very funny".

The interviewer says: “Maybe it is not so funny?" (Meaning it is something emblematic)

Messina answers: “Maybe not, but I don’t want to deceive myself. But at the same time it has come the moment to finish another cycle and it will be necessary to take account of other options.

The good news is that Messina is open to coach in Nba! The bad news is that he is pleased by the Lakers interest.
Thanks a lot man. You're great.

Lakers FO doesn't seem intrigued by the Messina idea as much as their fans do. The rumors mostly center around Derek Fisher, Tom Tibadubo(can't remember the spelling) and Byron Scott. Hope they don't listen to their fans, cause on the Laker forums, Messina gets a lot of love.

Messina is mob you foolish short mans. How u think this guy make into best basketball league in world? He is family with major crime boss in much Italian province. You can know this if your media is not controll by White House.