What's new

Mike Conley for Chris Paul?

Mike Conley for Chris Paul?

• Total voters
There are guys I'd rather have (Winslow is a good mention, take back some bad cash and get a longterm fit next to Mitchell/Gobert), but if this was on the table and other deals weren't available I'd do this.

I wonder how many people have changed their minds. I still wouldn't because I don't think CP's contract is too huge and doesn't put us over the top. But I still (obviously) think he is better than Conley.

OKC will likely get a better offer.
No they won't... I'm telling yall… if we wanted to send Conley to NY for their expiring contracts they'd do it yesterday... this upcoming summer isn't the FA period they are targeting and they will have space either way... they need a vet and a pg.

OKC would pack CP's bags if we routed expirings and Exum (I need to throw him in the deal) their way. The last year on that deal is super toxic... OKC doesn't care if they are good this year.

BTW CP is currently in the top part of the league in the pick and roll... basically the only guy with better efficiency and more frequency is Dame. He's a PnR master. I think he'd make the offense amazing. He likely has an injury at some point in the year... but if he's healthy at the right time he raises our playoff ceiling something serious. He has some of the same risks as Conley but is a more abrasive personality and has an extra year on his deal... not ideal but he's a super talent and wants to win in the worst way.

No they won't... I'm telling yall… if we wanted to send Conley to NY for their expiring contracts they'd do it yesterday... this upcoming summer isn't the FA period they are targeting and they will have space either way... they need a vet and a pg.

OKC would pack CP's bags if we routed expirings and Exum (I need to throw him in the deal) their way. The last year on that deal is super toxic... OKC doesn't care if they are good this year.

BTW CP is currently in the top part of the league in the pick and roll... basically the only guy with better efficiency and more frequency is Dame. He's a PnR master. I think he'd make the offense amazing. He likely has an injury at some point in the year... but if he's healthy at the right time he raises our playoff ceiling something serious. He has some of the same risks as Conley but is a more abrasive personality and has an extra year on his deal... not ideal but he's a super talent and wants to win in the worst way.
Not to mention CP is still a good defender due to him gaining some weight after he lost his quickness. Conley needs to make similar adjustment or else he will continue to be a liability on defense, especially in guarding switches off pick n roll

CP is a clear better player than Conley. But I agree with the logic of people not wanting him because of his obnoxious personality, worse contract than Conley, and not really solving the existing issues we've got as resulted from the Conley trade(no PF on the team).

I partially blame the current mess on fans who wouldn't stop clamoring to trade last years players. Now some are advocating trading the current mess for a different, more expensive and more complicated mess.
If you want to do something productive start a "fire Dennis Lindsey" thread.
Fans don't trade players or fire managers.
Fans are what we are, and for whatever reason many of us knew last season's roster lacked talent to take the next step; changes were to be made.
If Conley's game wouldn't have unexpectedly dissappeared, Jazz would be just fine.

Fans don't trade players or fire managers.
Fans are what we are, and for whatever reason many of us knew last season's roster lacked talent to take the next step; changes were to be made.
If Conley's game wouldn't have unexpectedly dissappeared, Jazz would be just fine.
Nope. We knew Conley for who he was. A good player, but not a star that is gonna take you to a championship. Last season many of us knew that the team needs to make changes, but Conley is just not the right change that you are supposed to make.

His trade happens to have costed us one of our only two PFs on the team(Crowder) and we've lost the other PF(Favs) in order to sign Bojan(who is a SF). Now currently with 0 PF on this team, we will struggle regardless of Conley's performances. Conley did OK in our away game in Toronto but the team get blown out at the half by 40 versus one of the league's elite PF in Siakam.

If Jazz are in win now mode, then they shouldn't care about the size of someone's contract, whether it is Paul or Love. Especially in a small market, I think it is about giving the team the best chance to win now and not a five-year or whatever plan. Being a mid-tier team and reaching the playoffs season after season should not the goal. It should be big swings, like Toronto did. Make a move now for one solid shot at a title this year and worry about how many years are left on a guys inflated contract for later.

I wonder if there could be an evolving rift between Donnie and Rudy, as previously mentioned, and if it could cause an organizational divide as I’d guess Quin is more pro-Rudy while Justin and Dennis are more pro-Donnie.

Chris Paul is a better shooter, passer, defender, rebounder and has more basketball sense than Conley! He wouldn't guide the team like Rubio did but he's definitely an upgrade over Conley.

****ing do it. Than JZ and DL need to package Green and Mudiay and somehow pull a magic rabbit out of their asses and get something of value (Marcus Morris). If that takes Exum as well, you do it yesterday.