What's new

Mike Conley for Chris Paul?

Mike Conley for Chris Paul?

• Total voters
I’ll be patient til about early to mid-January. If he can’t get acclimated by then, he’s the issue. There are too many examples of multiple players going to a new team and that team being HIGHLY successful immediately.

For a vet with an apparent high basketball iq, the system and players are something he should be able to get used to quite quickly.

These are the facts....and they are INDISPUTABLE! 1) We were improving the last 2, 3 years, playing together and staying together makes for winning basketball if your using a system that everyone is buying into, which they were! 2) We were absolutely SHATTERING all NBA dunk records and that without showboating or trying to make ESPN highlight film every night! We were breaking dunk records because our TEAM play was perfectly designed to create dunk and easy shots, which it did! We had more than just a handful of 30 assist game down the stretch and that would have continued this year had we kept Rubio and Favors! 3) Rather than make wholesale changes in our roster and especially our starting line up, just adding another outside 3 point shooter would have done the trick and given us 55 wins!

Kawhi bringing a championship to Toronto, combined with Kevin Durant tearing his achilles, fueled the fire for DL to go for it all. I can't fault him for it, there is an open window, but Conley was not the right horse for us.

For everyone wondering ‘what-if’ on all the other off-season possibilities, I wonder how they would be feeling now if we tried to execute those ‘other’ plans and walked out of the offseason with a Harrison Barnes overpay.

I’ll be patient til about early to mid-January. If he can’t get acclimated by then, he’s the issue. There are too many examples of multiple players going to a new team and that team being HIGHLY successful immediately.

For a vet with an apparent high basketball iq, the system and players are something he should be able to get used to quite quickly.
I'm starting to think this is an old dog new tricks kind of thing.

Our system is perhaps the most complicated in the league for PG's to learn. All new players we throw in to the PG position have struggled and needed time to adjust.

The true fact is that DM is getting the shots he needs and is really effective because of it. Once Conley gets comfortable were going to be rolling. Its Conley's presence that has made Mitchel so effective. Also were not getting blown out we are in every game while were not playing at peak. Chill and enjoy the show it's going to be great!

Bojan not a PG.

Please, you dont have to both sides everyting.
Is Conley a point guard? I mentioned him as well.
I'm only on one side here. The side that says switching teams and systems shouldn't make a great player into one of the worst in the league.
Conley is in a slump imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
For everyone wondering ‘what-if’ on all the other off-season possibilities, I wonder how they would be feeling now if we tried to execute those ‘other’ plans and walked out of the offseason with a Harrison Barnes overpay.
That would suck.
He would probably be playing better than Conley doe and probably be younger and not undersized. So at least there would be that.
As much as I hate Barnes (and I do), he is shooting 50% from the field this season and averaging 14 points and 5.5 rebounds for about 13 million dollars less than Conley. And he is 27 years old.

I would still rather have had the off season we had than get Barnes.

Our system is perhaps the most complicated in the league for PG's to learn. All new players we throw in to the PG position have struggled and needed time to adjust.

The true fact is that DM is getting the shots he needs and is really effective because of it. Once Conley gets comfortable were going to be rolling. Its Conley's presence that has made Mitchel so effective. Also were not getting blown out we are in every game while were not playing at peak. Chill and enjoy the show it's going to be great!
Was quin the coach when we had George Hill (I can't remember)?. If so, he picked things up just fine.

Was quin the coach when we had George Hill (I can't remember)?. If so, he picked things up just fine.

Yes, Quin was the coach. And you're right, Hill picked the system up and played well in it very quickly. It seemed to take Rubio about half a season to really start to look comfortable in it, hopefully it won't take Conley that long.

That would suck.
He would probably be playing better than Conley doe and probably be younger and not undersized. So at least there would be that.
As much as I hate Barnes (and I do), he is shooting 50% from the field this season and averaging 14 points and 5.5 rebounds for about 13 million dollars less than Conley. And he is 27 years old.

I would still rather have had the off season we had than get Barnes.

Conley was the bird in hand. Had he balked at that for other options, he’d have been rightfully crucified for putting all our eggs in the 2019 basket and leaving empty handed. That’s why I kept insisting Kevin Love was the nuclear option.

My hat is off to DL for doing something. But the optics of this change significantly from now to the all-star break. He’s sucked. But if someone held a gun to my head and said they’d pull the trigger if I guessed wrong, I’d feel pretty nervous about my life if I said he’d continue to suck.

Only replied to because I wanted more people to see it. Nothing happens in a vacuum. No question that Mitchell's game has flourished in large part due to the presence of another renowned gunslinger in the back-court. Also, neither Beverly or Shamet had a good shooting night due in large part to Conley's pesky D.

No. we need to tank so there's no need for a big contract.

Trade Gobert!

Trade Conley!

Trade Bogdanovich!

Blow it up!

This team is trash.