What's new

Mike Conley Resurgence

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My guess is a knee sprain, but he will be out a few weeks for sure.

As we dig into the rotation, perhaps gives Ochai a few additional minutes.
Seems like beasley should be able to play the position a bit as well.

yamers

how is there still no news on Mike? How long do MRI's takes? i'm sure one of you weekend DJs should know the answer. I've already gotten amazing medical advice from a few of yall on this forum.

he's 5th on assists.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Was thinking through options… if Mikes injury is long term and THT/others can’t pickup the slack… a low budget trade option would be Devonte Graham… decent playmaker and shooter at pg… solid game manager that is on the fringe of the deep NO rotation. They’d love to be off of his deal as they have a cap crunch coming. It’s basically 2 years 12m per… Gay and NAw would match… though NAW may have to go to a third team and another expiring deal subbed in to avoid the reacquiring player rule.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Was thinking through options… if Mikes injury is long term and THT/others can’t pickup the slack… a low budget trade option would be Devonte Graham… decent playmaker and shooter at pg… solid game manager that is on the fringe of the deep NO rotation. They’d love to be off of his deal as they have a cap crunch coming. It’s basically 2 years 12m per… Gay and NAw would match… though NAW may have to go to a third team and another expiring deal subbed in to avoid the reacquiring player rule.
I think him being dealt to Portland first may have negated that. Or that may even just be for signings and not trades.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I think him being dealt to Portland first may have negated that. Or that may even just be for signings and not trades.
Yeah I’m not sure… there are work arounds. I think we might be able to sneak out of a deal Graham with a couple seconds too.

We don’t need to do anything unless it’s long term… and if THT/JC/Sexton aren’t covering well enough. Was just looking at guys that can fill the Conley role and he seemed like the most available substitute.

Saint Cy of JFC

He is horrendous

slc

Not sure Ainge should panic to get help while Conley recovers
Conley may not miss much
Team seems to rally when challenged
Maybe everybody can cover for Conley and no doubt Conley can be another coach for everyone