What's new

Millers sell the Jazz

They... did...

?
talking about actual trade, in which we get things of value in return so we can avoid situations where we are looking at Royce and Niang as the entirety of our bench. no more trick or treat style giveaway like we did by handing out 3 picks in the AB/Korver deal. i know it's halloween.

Last edited:
The only thing that I've seen about the new owner that gives me cause for concern - he's friends with Danny Ainge.

You don't trade with Danny. He'll give you crap for all your best toys and then pretend like he doesn't know you or owe you anything when you try to call him - see Kevin McHale.

The only thing that I've seen about the new owner that gives me cause for concern - he's friends with Danny Ainge.

You don't trade with Danny. He'll give you crap for all your best toys and then pretend like he doesn't know you or owe you anything when you try to call him - see Kevin McHale.

Don't worry about a guy who made billion bucks, he can't be naive even if he is new in the field.

We did. We... got... better... players...
4 draft picks can easily get you better bench players who are gonna be here for more than just half season in any trade. way better than this current crap of bradley, davis, niang and morgan for sure. JC can literally announce that he's signing with lakers at this very moment and there's absolutely nothing we can do to salvage it. when you are looking at a bench filled with scrubs while owing your first round/second round draft picks to three other teams, you know you can do better.

Last edited:
4 draft picks can easily get you better players in any trade. way more than just half season rental too
He also appears to be besties with the current BYU head coach and former Kentucky player. That guy knows his way around the basketball block.

as long as you don't send idiots like billy king to negotiate these deals you'd be fine, though in my mind DL is very close to that level. "what? the guy is 35 yr old and on last year of his deal? let's give them ten draft picks and call it a day"

hopefully he gets the KOC treatment soon for a complete Zanik takeover

Last edited:
Do you think Ryan Smith alters team aspects as the new owner or just let's management handle ex trades free agency etc ?

Do you think Ryan Smith alters team aspects as the new owner or just let's management handle ex trades free agency etc ?
He changes things whether he is super involved or not. Management may handle things differently knowing he has different expectations or even just because he is a new person they have to answer to. Example - DL may know how Gail would view a trade or signing or a 50-win season. He may feel pressure to impress the new boss and less likely to stay status quo.

I think some change in these types of these are bound to come with an ownership change. Maybe in a less "conservative" direction, though that's hard to know for sure.

I'm interested now in what the short-term ramifications are. The sale is not yet finalized. And while it is not expected to run into trouble, if I remember the timeline correctly we'll likely have the draft and free agency/trade period before it is finalized. In this transition period, how much influence does Smith get, with Miller knowing that things are not yet 100% locked up? And if Miller decides to retain influence during this period, it's possible she might even operate differently -- perhaps more conservatively -- than she normally would.