What's new

Millsap, Favors and Jefferson

FabioJazz

Impressions?

For me, it was clear that we can use these three players together in some situations.

*Hey, i'm new here. I'm a Jazz fan from Brazil, since 1996. Here Jazz Nation is huge!

It's nice, but it appears that Corbin doesn't really trust Kanter yet enough to give him consistent minutes that would come with being the first big off the bench.

I flipped out when I saw that line up on the floor. It seemed like all offseason we talked about if Paul could play the SF and now with 15 games left in the season we finally get to see it.

Oh yeah and I liked it.

I like it. It gives Favors a much called for starting spot with more playing time. Burks becomes the main scorer off the bench. Kanter gets more time and will have some growing pains. Most importantly, the lineup is really fun to watch.

I like it. It gives Favors a much called for starting spot with more playing time. Burks becomes the main scorer off the bench. Kanter gets more time and will have some growing pains. Most importantly, the lineup is really fun to watch.

Kanter got 3.5 minutes less than his average today.

It's nice, but it appears that Corbin doesn't really trust Kanter yet enough to give him consistent minutes that would come with being the first big off the bench.

He did say some situations, though, and I agree. I don't think we can do it all the time, but I definately think Corbin should have been doing this at times all year. It drives me nuts that Favors could be having a great defensive game, only to be sitting on the bench in crunch time when we need a stop. I think it's pretty clear that Corbin doesn't want to insult Al and Sap by sitting them in crunch time, so this would have to be the next best solution.

And welcome to the board, Fabio.:cool:

He did say some situations, though, and I agree. I don't think we can do it all the time, but I definately think Corbin should have been doing this at times all year. It drives me nuts that Favors could be having a great defensive game, only to be sitting on the bench in crunch time when we need a stop. I think it's pretty clear that Corbin doesn't want to insult Al and Sap by sitting them in crunch time, so this would have to be the next best solution.

And welcome to the board, Fabio.:cool:

I think it's more he doesn't want to lose their offense, though I have been disappointed in a few defense only situations that he hasn't made possession based substitutions.

Paul mentioned it a couple of time in his post game interview how playing at the 3 helped him see the floor better 'cause he wasn't bogged down underneath with the bigs. He looks more and more comfy there too. When he came into the league3 I thought he was merely a short 4 but he has gotten better every single year. He is a stud.

This also bolstered my feeling that if PJ3 is still on the board at 9 or 10 the Jazz have to take him. I'm not convinced he can't play the 3.

Also I don't think our SF situation is as dire as long as Millsap gets minutes there. Seriously, put your best players out there instead of going with CJ 'cause well, he looks more like a SF. Put Gordon at the 2, Paul at the 3, Favors at the 4, and Al at the 5.

I felt like Paul was getting manhandled by Aldridge as he always does in those matchups. I don't think we'll see Millsap at the 3 too often unless he really is too undersized to gaurd his man.
Don't know what Corbin doesn't like about Kanter. I saw another impressive motor game from him today.

I think it's more he doesn't want to lose their offense, though I have been disappointed in a few defense only situations that he hasn't made possession based substitutions.

I agree that that's a factor as well, but yeah, there's been a few times when he could have made a defensive sub, and still didn't do it, which makes me think he didn't want Al or Sap to feel like he didn't trust them on D.

I've talked about this until I was blue in the face, but Millsap should be playing SF for 7 to 10 minutes a game. Of course, this depends on the matchups, but he and our team defense can take advantage of this.

Glad to see Ty waking from his monocromatic slumber.

I felt like Paul was getting manhandled by Aldridge as he always does in those matchups. I don't think we'll see Millsap at the 3 too often unless he really is too undersized to gaurd his man.
Don't know what Corbin doesn't like about Kanter. I saw another impressive motor game from him today.
That has happened quite a bit this year. Blake was killing him as well. Thompson from Sac in one of their matchups. And other times as well. There are times where Millsap is just seriously overmatched at PF. I have been calling for Favors to play over him for most of the year.

However I don't mind Millsap at three for limited minutes as long as it gets Favors to 30+ a game.

I've talked about this until I was blue in the face, but Millsap should be playing SF for 7 to 10 minutes a game. Of course, this depends on the matchups, but he and our team defense can take advantage of this.

As soon as I saw that lineup last night I immediately thought "Where the hell is NAOS? He will want to see this."

Says the guy who thought Watson should be playing over Tinsley.

Says the guy who thought Watson should be playing over Tinsley.

I never said Watson should play over Tinsley in all situations. I said, WHEN HEALTHY, Watson was the more complete player. I do consistently favor defense over offense.

Also, I was advocating for Tinsley the other night, and I know you saw it, so **** off and die.

I never said Watson should play over Tinsley in all situations. I said, WHEN HEALTHY, Watson was the more complete player. I do consistently favor defense over offense.

Also, I was advocating for Tinsley the other night, and I know you saw it, so **** off and die.

He can't. He is to busy acting douchey.

That has happened quite a bit this year. Blake was killing him as well. Thompson from Sac in one of their matchups. And other times as well. There are times where Millsap is just seriously overmatched at PF. I have been calling for Favors to play over him for most of the year.

However I don't mind Millsap at three for limited minutes as long as it gets Favors to 30+ a game.

Actually, I want Millsap to move to the starting SF spot permanently. Favors is our starting PF. Millsap is very effective against other team's SF's because they cannot handle his strength and scoring ability. Paul is a great defensive player and his size, strength, and overall ability helps us match up against players like Kevin Durrant, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, and other great SF's better. If Paul is in the Jazz's future plans, he is going to be a starting SF or sixth man. I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of seeing Millsap get eaten alive against bigger, more athletic, and longer PF's in the Western Conference (like Nowitzki, Gasol, Aldridge, and Blake Griffin). Also, if the Jazz move Millsap permanently to SF, the prospects that we select a big man with the Golden State pick (#8 or lower) rise exponentially in this year's upcoming draft that is loaded with really good big men prospects.