What's new

Millsap, Favors and Jefferson

I never said Watson should play over Tinsley in all situations. I said, WHEN HEALTHY, Watson was the more complete player. I do consistently favor defense over offense.

Also, I was advocating for Tinsley the other night, and I know you saw it, so **** off and die.

That really hurts man, really really hurts.

Actually, I want Millsap to move to the starting SF spot permanently. Favors is our starting PF. Millsap is very effective against other team's SF's because they cannot handle his strength and scoring ability. Paul is a great defensive player and his size, strength, and overall ability helps us match up against players like Kevin Durrant, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, and other great SF's better. If Paul is in the Jazz's future plans, he is going to be a starting SF or sixth man. I'm sorry, but I am sick and tired of seeing Millsap get eaten alive against bigger, more athletic, and longer PF's in the Western Conference (like Nowitzki, Gasol, Aldridge, and Blake Griffin). Also, if the Jazz move Millsap permanently to SF, the prospects that we select a big man with the Golden State pick (#8 or lower) rise exponentially in this year's upcoming draft that is loaded with really good big men prospects.

If Sap can prove that he is a legitimate SF, that would make building the team a hell of a lot easier.

IMO Sap getting abused by LMA and CJ's complete disengagement from the game forced Ty's hand. Right now the team only has 2 wings that are playing worth a damn and one of them is a rookie who shoots below average %s. It's not helping anything that Watson's game took a huge dive as well.

Unless CJ suddenly gets an intervention or whatever it is he needs we will probably be seeing more of Sap at the 3. And yes that will mean some more burn for Enes & probably Evans as well.

Sounds like how he is doing as a PF!!

I personally just want the Jazz's best five players on the court the majority of the time. Those best five players right now are Harris (PG), Hayward (SG), Millsap (SF), Favors (PF), and Jefferson (C). We are at our best defensively and offensively with that lineup. Having Derrick Favors on the court will Millsap AND Jefferson makes both Paul and Al better players. We can built our bench through free agency and the draft if needed.

IMO Sap getting abused by LMA and CJ's complete disengagement from the game forced Ty's hand. Right now the team only has 2 wings that are playing worth a damn and one of them is a rookie who shoots below average %s. It's not helping anything that Watson's game took a huge dive as well.

Unless CJ suddenly gets an intervention or whatever it is he needs we will probably be seeing more of Sap at the 3. And yes that will mean some more burn for Enes & probably Evans as well.

Let's not forget that we are still without Josh Howard, who was starting and playing well at SF before he got injured and was declared out for the rest of the season.

We need to see more of it to make a real fair assessment of it. Millsap played out of his mind last night, first and foremost.

But if this doesn't get Kanter more minutes, I'm going to lose my ****ing mind.

If Millsap can legitimately play the 3 and the 4, he becomes practically untradeable. There would not be a soul in the NBA with his skillset. He's already one of a small group of people that you can expect to grab 10 rebounds a game and lead a break (although I can't think of anyone else at the moment...).

That's saying nothing of his great post D. And be an unheralded team defender. And score 15 points a night efficiently and in a very diverse way. And be a good passer.

But I forget, hes just 2 short im sory ok lol brb

If Millsap can legitimately play the 3 and the 4, he becomes practically untradeable. There would not be a soul in the NBA with his skillset. He's already one of a small group of people that you can expect to grab 10 rebounds a game and lead a break (although I can't think of anyone else at the moment...).

That's saying nothing of his great post D. And be an unheralded team defender. And score 15 points a night efficiently and in a very diverse way. And be a good passer.

Agree.
Having a swing forward would solve a lot of probelems over PT. And means Utah would need one less rotation player. Just get another SG (or SF) and a PG and the Jazz are in business going forward.

Sounds like how he is doing as a PF!!

Well they sat there and talked about all this awesome flexibility that the team had and all they ever did was switch Miles and Hayward between the 3 and 2and on very rare occasion play 2 PGs. All that flexibility and they failed miserably to really use it.

Millsap is a stud and can dominate certain players. Play him accordingly

The Harris, Hayward, Millsap, Favors, and Jefferson lineup is the one we should have gone with from the beginning. It was very successful last year towards the end of the season for a reason. It is a starting five that basically allows the Jazz to compete with and match up against virtually every team in the NBA. Had Raja Bell not been healthy and had we not signed Josh Howard, I guarantee that this would have been our lineup from day 1.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I think with Favors in there we can afford to play Sap at the SF. In the event Millsap gets beat off the dribble (which happens to Miles all the time anyways), Favors will be there to help out.

I like seeing Millsap play the 3. He's pretty quick for a big man. I think many SFs in the league aren't so speeedy that it negates Sap's size advantage. But I'm in favor of it mostly if it cuts down CJ's PT.

Rot on the bench, Chucker.

This off-season and as the season has progressed Millsap is using his hands MUCH better on D. Instead of trying to outmuscle much bigger and taller guys all the time and getting beat over and over, he's learning to work passing lanes, getting his hands on a lot of balls. In short, playing a lot smarter with the tools he's got! Vs Portland he FINALLY got a chance to show he CAN play SF in certain matchups.
Good point about him being no worse defensivly at SF than CJ...

Great post D? I'd call it below average. He's a decent help defender and he's become good about getting in passing lanes and knocking the ball out of opponents hands. But a great post defender should not get totally dominated in the post as often as he does.

The rest of the post I agree with.

I think with Favors in there we can afford to play Sap at the SF. In the event Millsap gets beat off the dribble (which happens to Miles all the time anyways), Favors will be there to help out.

This is a really good point. Need to get Millsap to go out and defend the 3 more though. I am still seeing Frye standing wide open at the 3 point line over and over again the last time we played them. He can't do that and play the SF spot.