What's new

Minority stake in Smith Entertainment Group sold to Arctos; goal for 3rd Utah pro sports team.

I think Smith might want to focus on running one team well before bringing in more teams? Maybe I am the only one who is not all in on what he has done with the Jazz.
This could be good for the Jazz... go worry about the new baseball or football team while the basketball people take care of things.

Noooooooo!!!!! I already have a favorite football and baseball team and they win championships, hell the Braves won last year and the 49ers played for one in 19. This sucks!!!

Utah Cutthroat Trout?
Utah Killers Bees?
Utah Antelope Island Wolverines?
So many names from which to choose.

I think a baseball or NHL team would be huge for SLC. NFL probably not so much with Sundays and the LDS community.

I think Smith might want to focus on running one team well before bringing in more teams? Maybe I am the only one who is not all in on what he has done with the Jazz.
It just shows that running a team isn't his goal or passion. He wants to run a sports media conglomerate. So don't count on much in terms of sacrifices for the jazz. He's too busy making soccer popular somehow and ****.

Hopefully that's why he brought Ainge in and I would hope Wade would have some impact on running the team. That way we don't have to worry about Ryan being more concerned with his multiple investments than he is putting a winning team on the floor.

Utah Cutthroat Trout?
Utah Killers Bees?
Utah Antelope Island Wolverines?
So many names from which to choose.
We have Bucknered this to death in so many threads already. I just don't have the energy.

So for all those who expect the Jazz to be sold to Vegas... don't make much sense to bring in a 3rd pro team just to abandon the most established sports team in the state.

Just wait until Ryan brings in a household name like Bill Murray and we call a team something like The Salt Lake Trappers.

Not going to happen anytime soon. MLB isn’t expanding and the NFL will look to other markets.

Expect a pro team to end up being lacrosse or something.

If it's not NFL then I don't care.

MLB would be a far off second choice.

Hockey would be 5x less interesting than MLB.

SLC is NOT a baseball town, it's NOT a Hockey town, but this is very much a football town.

I think anything other than NFL is going to flop and leave the state within 10 years of whatever their opening day is.