What's new

Mitchell about to get hit with a fine

Yeah, I kind of hate the narrative that the team shouldn't let the game get to the point where the refs dictate the outcome.

Of course they could have played better but they made a lot of big plays, Rudy especially, to give themselves a chance to win the game at the end, and a poor call robbed them of that chance.
The logic certainly never applies elsewhere.

“The black man should have never put himself in a situation to be shot by police.”

“The woman should have never put herself in a situation where she could have been assaulted.”

These are obviously more hyperbolous, but there are many variables. I get the idea of personal responsibility, but none of these variables are competing with each other and it’s not a zero sum game. I hate people who blame refs to escape personal responsibility, but I equally hate when people take the opposite position and act like officiating never has an impact on games, and only the players do. It’s just as moronic, if not more.

When I look at the replays, i first look for if there is direct visual evidence showing the exact location of the contact clearly. I don't think there was. You sort of have to piece together in your mind where you think contact occurs, which is where you need to allow for a reasonable margin of error. To me, the replays show a lot of ball contact, some hand contact (with the possibility of wrist contact but inferred)..
In that case it is reasonable that they would have called it clean.

Even though I believe what Donovan says about where contact was made (because he would have felt it), it's hard to neutrally prove it on the replay which is why the ref's no call gets the benefit of the doubt. At least that's my thought process on it.
Donovan's arm was grabbed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Then you are blind as ****. He hit Mitchell on the forearm and wrist area, and didn't even touch the ball. And the NBA not admitting the mistake is absolute ********.

Also, I remember AK47 getting called for a foul on Dwyane Wade for barely touching his hand after the shot had already been released (i.e. had no impact on the shot), so doubt hand being part of the ball is a rule that is enforced.
Also let’s talk about hand being part of the ball... you actually kind of need to hit the ball/fingers... all skin is not part of the ball. The fact that these dumb ****s don’t think that was a foul is stupid... I honestly don’t have an issue with them missing it real time... the ref kind of had a tough angle... going back and saying it was all good is egregious... would love it if DL made a stink and Monty came out with a well actually... I can’t remember what call they screwed up and the ref twitter account said the call was good... then they later came out and said it wasn’t a foul.

Here’s the deal... sometimes refs guess on a call like that you could guess foul and be right 90% of the time. Really tough to swipe across a guy like that and get it clean... need a Gobert wingspan.

Donovan's arm was grabbed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Clear as ****ing day by the one replay... saying the contact was incidental is next level bull ****... he hit no part of the ball... screwing up in real time is understandable... watching the replay and denying reality is something else. Just do away with the reports... they serve no purpose if they aren’t going to attempt to be honest.

Even Solomon Hill knew it was a foul. He didn't start celebrating the win he started looking around waiting for the whistle lol. That should tell the officials all that they need to know.

Why is NBA officiating such **** and petty? You'd think they'd have some dignity and actually want to make good calls. Seems like too many people with no self respect get into the reffing biz. If I was one I'd want to be known as the best in the league instead of being infatuated with being in dick measuring contests and subtle passive aggressive ********.

The petty **** was absurd on the rudy jump ball. Absolute turd

The logic certainly never applies elsewhere.

“The black man should have never put himself in a situation to be shot by police.”

“The woman should have never put herself in a situation where she could have been assaulted.”

These are obviously more hyperbolous, but there are many variables. I get the idea of personal responsibility, but none of these variables are competing with each other and it’s not a zero sum game. I hate people who blame refs to escape personal responsibility, but I equally hate when people take the opposite position and act like officiating never has an impact on games, and only the players do. It’s just as moronic, if not more.

Actually, your examples are based on personal opinion and not logic. It is my opinion that a logical person would believe that all examples you gave are true. However, I also think that a logical person does not see that as the only variable, but possibly a major contributing factor.

However, if you want the truly woke examples should be:
1. No person should ever put themselves in a position to be shot by police.
2. No person should ever put themselves in a situation where there are likely to be a target of assault.

Both examples apply common sense. However life is not so simple and doing so will reduce risk but not eliminate danger altogether.

Last edited:
Actually, your examples are based on personal opinion and not logic. It is my opinion that a logical person would believe that all examples you gave are true. However, I also think that a logical person does not see that as the only variable, but possibly a major contributing factor.

However, if you want the truly woke examples should be:
1. No person should ever put themselves in a position to be shot by police.
2. No person should ever put themselves in a situation where there are likely to be a target of assault.

Both examples apply common sense. However life is not so simple and doing so will reduce risk but not eliminate danger altogether.
I think you may be missing the gist of what I’m saying, which is that the logic used regarding officiating isn’t applied elsewhere, and often applying that same logic is strongly condemned.

I like that Mitchell and Rudy are not flopping cheaters. However, maybe it is time to think about giving more of a reaction when they are fouled, to help the refs see it. Let the refs know they are fouled. It seems both of them just take the hit without even a flinch most of the time. How far can one sell it without being a flopper?

I like that Mitchell and Rudy are not flopping cheaters. However, maybe it is time to think about giving more of a reaction when they are fouled, to help the refs see it. Let the refs know they are fouled. It seems both of them just take the hit without even a flinch most of the time. How far can one sell it without being a flopper?
like this!

Probably a foul, didn't love the L2M report, but I didn't love the comments from Donovan. Wasn't that egregious and I really don't think those types of comments have any impact whatsoever on future officiating.

Won't be too hard on him, though. I'm sure he was frustrated and wanted to vent a bit.

Probably a foul, didn't love the L2M report, but I didn't love the comments from Donovan. Wasn't that egregious and I really don't think those types of comments have any impact whatsoever on future officiating.

Won't be too hard on him, though. I'm sure he was frustrated and wanted to vent a bit.

If it was one call, sure. But 3 times.

Refs doubling down on L2M reports so that they can give that fine. They must be desperate for money or something.

Games are what they actually are. Dear Don, just stop talking what you've got no control over, and thinnk more about how to protect the basketball in situations like that. Refs will try to swallow their whistles, you already know that. Just be a little bit better ball handler, you can do it easily, you're a great player, think like one.